Member Profile - Shav *07 Liberty GT Premium*

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Member Profile - Shav *07 Liberty GT Premium*

Postby shav » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:04 pm

Hey guys, not had my car very long so the list of mods are very few and far between. It's also my lease car too so I'll be keeping the appearance and mods to the car minimal.

Its an MY07 Liberty GT Premium - auto with VDC. (vehicle dynamics control)

Pictures as is. It's nothing you guys havent seen before.

Mods so far:
KiDo Tune (DONE).
Anycarlink unit (with USB/BT) (DONE)
retint of front driver/passenger windows to match rear (DONE)
removal of mud flaps (DONE)
Stoptech pads all round (DONE)
Dynamat rear parcel shelf (DONE)
Whiteline Adj sways (DONE)
Cusco HD rear mounts (DONE)
Pierburg 3 port solenoid (DONE)
Either Bilsteins with Eibach springs or maybe coil overs
LCA bushes (DONE)
Ultrex CBE/ Invidia Dump (DONE)
bigger TMIC (DONE)

Previous rides worth mentioning were:
Raptor S/C powered AU falcon (E85 tuned, stock motor = 205rwkw)
EBXR8 ~ 150rwkw
XC Fairmont 351
MY01 Liberty GX wagon
Last edited by shav on Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Re: Member Profile - Shav

Postby mynameisdaniel » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:48 pm

Shiny :)

Hope to see you out on cruises. Trying to work out what the Spec B has that this doesn't. All I can see is the pedals and the different front bar... Didn't realise the premium had SI Drive and paddles, plus I always thought the HID headlights were only on the Spec B :)
mynameisdaniel

Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT tbSTi Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15835

Postby jacks-GTB » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:15 pm

very nice

Welcome :)
jacks-GTB

Car: 2007 Subaru Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16629

Postby shav » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:33 pm

mynameisdaniel wrote:Shiny :)

Hope to see you out on cruises. Trying to work out what the Spec B has that this doesn't. All I can see is the pedals and the different front bar... Didn't realise the premium had SI Drive and paddles, plus I always thought the HID headlights were only on the Spec B :)

Im not sure Daniel. Initially I was looking for a Spec B, and this came up. I think the only difference is the suspension, pedals and front bar. I had the ID tags checked with the dealer and Subaru have confirmed that this is a factory spec Premium. Has the HID's yes, just not the other stuff mentioned. The wheels came with the car from previous owner.

Overall Im still very happy. The suspension ride isnt as harsh as Bilsteins but doesnt handle as good as the Billys either. Pedals are a personal choice. I like the sports pedals of the spec B's but it neither here nor there. The front bar, I'd really like to update sometime. Not that I dislike the current front bar, just that the post face lift versions look better in my opinion. Other than that, its a very classy, and comfortable car and I love driving it. :mrgreen:
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby shav » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:34 pm

jacks-GTB wrote:very nice

Thanks Jack. I will be in contact with you soon about the brake pads. :wink:
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby cruisn » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:50 pm

If I were you, Id leave the mudflaps as they serve a purpose and they dont stand out on a dark car. You will have scratch marks from the outline of them on the paint if you remove.
cruisn

Car: MY02 GTB E Tune

Postby jacks-GTB » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:58 pm

shav wrote:
jacks-GTB wrote:very nice

Thanks Jack. I will be in contact with you soon about the brake pads. :wink:

No worries...talk soon buddy :D
jacks-GTB

Car: 2007 Subaru Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16629

Postby shav » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:04 pm

cruisn wrote:If I were you, Id leave the mudflaps as they serve a purpose and they dont stand out on a dark car. You will have scratch marks from the outline of them on the paint if you remove.

Thats a fair call. They dont stick out too much actually so Im happy to leave them on. I have removed them for all other cars Ive owned but for this car I reckon I'll leave them.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby shav » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:56 am

Just out of curiosity, what would it take to get 200awkw and what kind of times can be achieved with the auto box?
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby shav » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:23 pm

Just got back from getting the tune done. I'm pretty bloody impressed.My car is bog stock. Only had a measily 98kw at all 4 stock. Matt did his magic and got me 135kw at all 4. Power and torque improvement in all modes. The gear shift adjustments is something else! So smooth and instant. Its a true pleasure to drive now. A massive thanks to Matt and Bill at towler performance.Graph print out coming soon.

+11 billion for KiDo tuning.

Matt also said tune will be fine should I do a dump pipe and cat back later. Will see greater improvements then.

Edit: I reckon my initial power readout was incorrect. I believe I ran 124.4 stock not 98 as initially thought. That first run I think was to get the dyno registering for my car. Also massive shoutout to wheelie_bin for letting me take his spot due to time restraints. Thanks again Ben.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby shav » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:40 am

A small summary of what I have noticed since the tune. Please bear in mind, my car is bog stock right down to the filters and auto. So I will be comparing it from stock till now.

One thing I have noticed after the tune is that Im using Intelligent mode more often now rather than not at all. I find 'I' mode feels like S did prior to the tune. It also keeps the economy down to a respectable level around town too.

S mode you can feel the torque and power come on earlier and its far more eager to want you to put the foot down now. Gear shifts in this mode are smooth, and unless you are watching the tacho you wouldnt notice the shifts happening. With very light throttle I am noticing the car is moving effortlessly thru traffic. Very predictable acceleration and still maintaining its manners.

S# mode is a different kettle of fish. It feels a bit violent with about 50% throttle. I really need to relearn the way I drive now with this mode as it gets to the speed limit much faster. Power is smooth all the way to redline, and torque delivery is instant. At the same time, it's quite deceiving, you think your not going that fast until you look at the speedo. It certainly a drivers license burner if your not careful.

A bit more on the gear shift program, prior to getting Matt to tune the car, my gears shifts were ok while put putting around town, but were quite jerky in S# under hard load. In S mode the gear shifts would hold longer than I'd like and it would rev its nut off. The new shifting program is quite different. It's far more predictable. Kick downs are instant which is great in S & S# when you want to get going in a hurry. Even in I mode its improved. But I dont expect to use 'I' mode for anything but peak hour and laid back cruising. S mode shifting combined with the tune just seems to be able to get a good balance of perky yet sedate all rolled into one. S# seems to be for traffic light duels and hills driving. It's just set up for pure grunt and fun!

Economy wise, I filled up after the tune, and found my DTE added an extra 70km to what was my normal total. I was very surprised to say the least, but at the same time, impressed. Can only imagine what it would be like on the open highway. Just be aware, the additional mileage may not equate the same in city stop/start traffic.

Just to let you know, Matt's tune for this car will allow for a bigger intercooler, dump pipe and cat back without a retune and its still remains safe. Further tweaking of the tune can still be done if need be later on.

Overall, Im very impressed with the tune and Matt's abilities to know what these cars need. TOTALLY recommend KiDo tunes!!!

Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby shav » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:24 am

Can anyone tell me what the next best 'bang for buck' mod can be for these cars?
Pod filter?
Dump Pipe?
bigger TMIC?
TBE?

Any constructive advice appreciated.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby t.renshaw34 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:03 am

TMIC + Dump will get you another 20-30 kwatw :).

CAI will make it spool up quicker and want to rev more.

Handling wise... Sway bars and Anti lift kit LCA's.
Project Lib - HKS-Killer B-STI-Ultrex-Stanza-Innovate-Perrin-Dynamat-DAMD-K2 Gear-BC-Kartboy-Whiteline-Cusco-Brembo-ROTA-Pirelli-Goodridge-Project MU-DBA-EBC-Garage 88-AVO-Redline-Carbign Craft-Walbro-ID-Kstech-Turbosmart-X Force-Rallitek
t.renshaw34

Car: 2005 Black Lib GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13404

Postby shav » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:16 am

t.renshaw34 wrote:TMIC + Dump will get you another 20-30 kwatw :).

CAI will make it spool up quicker and want to rev more.

Handling wise... Sway bars and Anti lift kit LCA's.

Cheers Taylor.

Im thinking sways and LCA's just so the car isnt all power and no handling. Can you recommend a particular brand for LCA's? or at least provide me with a link to the thread with such info please?
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby Stomps » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:16 am

IMO- best bang for buck for these cars is swaybars...

whiteline swaybars front and rear ~$300 - fit yourself
AVO or Cusco rear swaybar mount- $140- fit yourself
Whiteline links front and rear- $280- fit yourself
Anti lift kit or LCA rear bushes- $117- will need to get pressed in
LCA front bushes- $38- will need to get pressed in (dont fail often but may aswell replace while the arms are out to fit the rears)

Honestly, these cars are fat heavy bastards.. getting them to handle properly is very satisfying...
STI lip, Whiteline suspension goodies, KIDO tune.. more to come..

My Track z20 soarer
built 1jz, 35r +44mm gate, HKS 264's, Titanium valve springs, microjunk, cage, no interior, welded diff = skids ahoy
Stomps

Car: Soarer jzz20, Gen1/Gen 4 Libs

Next

Return to Post your mods