G4 Racing Coilovers

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Postby overl0ad » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:02 pm

tangcla wrote:Cusco lower arm bar ver.2. Best bang for buck mod.


doesn't fit the 2.5i

there's also a specific version for the 3.0, but NFI if it'll fit the 2.5i

i know cos i have one laying around that won't fit.
tangcla wrote:I didn't have to. I have girly Asian hands :lol:
User avatar
overl0ad
 
Posts: 1091
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: Mel-burn!!!
Car: MY07 GTB 6MT *sold*
Real name: Gerald

Postby tangcla » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:07 pm

In response to OP, the G4 coilovers aren't great, but they're not that bad.
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | 24-70mm f/2.8L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 200mm f/2.0L IS | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5
User avatar
tangcla
 
Posts: 7409
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:47 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Car: B6 Audi S4 (4.2L V8)
Real name: Clarence
Profile URL: http://www.tangcla.com

Postby Subie Boy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:51 pm

Arith wrote:
Subie Boy wrote:Hi Arith, I am after looks/appearance and also good handling and comfort ride...but I dont want to spend too much at all.....

In that case, get a set of Tein S.Tech springs.

1) At under $300, they are excellent value. High quality and better priced than Eibachs or other near $500 springs. Yes, probably more expensive than other domestic made to order brands, but the quality is all there. Chuck in another $250 for installation, and perhaps another $70 for alignment and it's still

2) They offer a good lowering of 25mm front and rear (see my old setup and also check out MY07GT's current setup as we both had/have that currently which gives a nice aggressive appearance without being too for clearance issues.

3) Ride comfort is still there. The ride is actually better, being more controlled and settled.

Highly recommended!


Cool, mate....sounds like thats the way to go. Where did u get yours from before, the Tein S Tech springs? I am about to make an order with the PHAT man....Tein S Tech and Whiteline Swaybars Front and Rear!
Subie Boy
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:17 pm
Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney

Postby Arith » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:23 pm

Yup, I got my set from PHAT GT as well. My biggest regret is that I didn't do the sways at the same time, and instead waited until much later. :huh:

I highly recommend people do both springs and sways at the same time if the budget allows. :good:

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
User avatar
Arith
-stickered-
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:05 am
Location: Sydney (Wes-Sieed!)
Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6
Real name: Jim

Postby Subie Boy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:28 pm

Arith wrote:Yup, I got my set from PHAT GT as well. My biggest regret is that I didn't do the sways at the same time, and instead waited until much later. :huh:

I highly recommend people do both springs and sways at the same time if the budget allows. :good:


I rang PHAT tonight....and ended up ordering the following:

- Whiteline Front and Rear Swaybars
- STi Pedals

I spoke to him in regards to the Tein S Tech and he confirmed that it will only lower the car 20-25 mm which is not as low as I want it to be.

As mentioned, I am looking to lower the car around 1.5 inches so I guess, Tein is out of the question. I am thinking of getitng Whiteline Flatout Springs which I heard is pretty good and will lower the car to the height that I want. Has anyone ever used this? Or has anyone got any feedback about these? Help me guys....hehehe I just want to find the right springs hehehe!!!

Thanks in advance!
Subie Boy
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:17 pm
Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney

Postby tangcla » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:43 pm

I've heard good things about the Whiteline springs. Supposed to keep the stock spring rates, too..
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | 24-70mm f/2.8L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 200mm f/2.0L IS | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5
User avatar
tangcla
 
Posts: 7409
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:47 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Car: B6 Audi S4 (4.2L V8)
Real name: Clarence
Profile URL: http://www.tangcla.com

Postby Arith » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:37 pm

Subie Boy wrote:As mentioned, I am looking to lower the car around 1.5 inches


What? You didn't mention anything about 1.5 inches of lowering as your target! :no: I could have told you the S.Tech's are good for 25mm (1 inch) of lowering, although if you look at pictures of my car when I had it and at Phil's it seems lower than 25mm. You'll want to consider Pedders or Whitelines for 35mm+.

However, seeing that you're not a person who wants just a 'lowering' so that the car appears more aggressive or handles better to due the lower centre of gravity, you're quite specific about how much you want it lowered and what you expect from the modification.

People like that (I'm one of them) will never never never never ever be happy with the lowering provided by springs alone. :no: Either it's not low enough, or the front's too high compared to the back and vice versa, etc. I've been through all of that! My last 4 cars I owned, I've lowered, and I can honestly say I have never been happy with the initial lower springs I put in. Subsequently I tried other brands but they did not satisfy me either.

I know you're not wanting to spend a lot now, but I highly recommend you invest in a set of coilovers. You'll get the lowering you want. No more guess work. And, you can even raise it or lower it depending on what the situation is or your mood. You simply cannot beat that kind of flexibility and precision. It's also peace of mind because I was quite restless and bothered because I could not get the exact lowering I wanted from the S.Tech's either.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. :scenic:

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
User avatar
Arith
-stickered-
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:05 am
Location: Sydney (Wes-Sieed!)
Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6
Real name: Jim

Postby Subie Boy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:49 pm

Arith wrote:
Subie Boy wrote:As mentioned, I am looking to lower the car around 1.5 inches


What? You didn't mention anything about 1.5 inches of lowering as your target! :no: I could have told you the S.Tech's are good for 25mm (1 inch) of lowering, although if you look at pictures of my car when I had it and at Phil's it seems lower than 25mm. You'll want to consider Pedders or Whitelines for 35mm+.

However, seeing that you're not a person who wants just a 'lowering' so that the car appears more aggressive or handles better to due the lower centre of gravity, you're quite specific about how much you want it lowered and what you expect from the modification.

People like that (I'm one of them) will never never never never ever be happy with the lowering provided by springs alone. :no: Either it's not low enough, or the front's too high compared to the back and vice versa, etc. I've been through all of that! My last 4 cars I owned, I've lowered, and I can honestly say I have never been happy with the initial lower springs I put in. Subsequently I tried other brands but they did not satisfy me either.

I know you're not wanting to spend a lot now, but I highly recommend you invest in a set of coilovers. You'll get the lowering you want. No more guess work. And, you can even raise it or lower it depending on what the situation is or your mood. You simply cannot beat that kind of flexibility and precision. It's also peace of mind because I was quite restless and bothered because I could not get the exact lowering I wanted from the S.Tech's either.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. :scenic:


Hi mate, thanks for the reply! I certainly understand where you are coming from but I wish I have the money for coil overs right now, I was thinking of maybe getting coilovers later on one day when I get a car like yours (GT or STi), then I would see a good reason to get a set of coil overs.

I think that for now I should be content with just springs, swaybars and then maybe front strut brace. So I am tossing up either between Whiteline or Pedders. Do you know where I can get the best deals for installations, etc? I dont want to get ripped off hence why I am posting so much in relation to this topic hehehe.

Thanks heaps for your advice though and please also note that I will look into this in the future, just can't justify it for now. Can't wait to see your car one day, mate!!
Subie Boy
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:17 pm
Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney

Postby Arith » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:11 pm

Subie Boy wrote:Do you know where I can get the best deals for installations, etc? I dont want to get ripped off

Check out IS Motor Racing in Rockdale (http://www.ismotorracing.com). They install for $250. After 2 weeks to let them settle, you'll to spend a bit more for the alignment.

CJ, Trieu, and myself to name a few, all got our springs and coilovers done there. That's a decent price, but it's not about that. It's about being able to trust the mechanic because they have worked on other Libertys before.

You don't want to end up in a scenario where you pick up your car and the mechanic hands you a few nuts and bolts and says those were leftover from the install and this was the first Liberty he's ever worked on. :swoon:

Plus the best part is you can meet up with Trieu and markii for hugs. :friends:

Heh-heh, I actually have a spare set of Pedders for the MY04 - MY06 Liberty too. Oh well.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
User avatar
Arith
-stickered-
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:05 am
Location: Sydney (Wes-Sieed!)
Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6
Real name: Jim

Postby WhiteGTB » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:53 am

Arith wrote:(http://www.ismotorracing.com). They install for $250. After 2 weeks to let them settle, you'll to spend a bit more for the alignment.

CJ, Trieu, and myself to name a few, all got our springs and coilovers done there. That's a decent price, but it's not about that. It's about being able to trust the mechanic because they have worked on other Libertys before.

You don't want to end up in a scenario where you pick up your car and the mechanic hands you a few nuts and bolts and says those were leftover from the install and this was the first Liberty he's ever worked on. :swoon:

Plus the best part is you can meet up with Trieu and markii for hugs. :friends:

Heh-heh, I actually have a spare set of Pedders for the MY04 - MY06 Liberty too. Oh well.


Subie Boy, IS come highly recommended, not only from the few on this thread but I can assure you many of the other guys have referenced this place also.

The mechanic's are friendly and informative too, you don't want to visit a place where they don't like answering questions.... plus Paul, the guy that works on my car has worked with many Lib's prior so he knows his stuff.

+1 for IS mate :)

:lol: as for the hugs.... ummm I'll leave that to Markii :lol:
User avatar
WhiteGTB
 
Posts: 3233
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:41 am
Location: Sydney, NSW
Car: MY07 Legacy GT Spec B 6pd

Postby Subie Boy » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:40 am

Thanks guys, I rang Indy from IS Motor Sport Racing and he was very nice. Phil also went there a while ago to do his springs so I think I will go there for sure!! Thanks heaps!!

Looking forward to getting it all done and I wills how pics!
Subie Boy
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:17 pm
Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney

Postby Arith » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:06 am

Have you decided on the springs to go with yet?

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
User avatar
Arith
-stickered-
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:05 am
Location: Sydney (Wes-Sieed!)
Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6
Real name: Jim

Postby Subie Boy » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:15 am

Arith wrote:Have you decided on the springs to go with yet?


Nearly there hehehe....I think I may go with Whiteline Springs as I am not 100% sure of Pedders or Kings/K Macs. But, going to make few phone calls today to confirm!
Subie Boy
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:17 pm
Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney

Postby tangcla » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:17 am

What year is your car? Buy norbs' TEIN CS coilovers!
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | 24-70mm f/2.8L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 200mm f/2.0L IS | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5
User avatar
tangcla
 
Posts: 7409
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:47 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Car: B6 Audi S4 (4.2L V8)
Real name: Clarence
Profile URL: http://www.tangcla.com

Postby Subie Boy » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:31 am

Mine is 06 Liberty 2.0R...
Subie Boy
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:17 pm
Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney

PreviousNext

Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests