Hillclimb- September 8th

Re: Hillclimb- September 8th

Postby WheelieBin » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:52 am

How hard were you launching to have it squat down that much?!
Diamond Grey MY08 GT-B Sedan
WheelieBin

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec.B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17507

Postby mynameisdaniel » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:29 am

WheelieBin wrote:How hard were you launching to have it squat down that much?!

Fairly hard, that was the second fastest first sector I did, you start with your front wheels level with the guy in orange so not sure if it squatted more than that initally. Stayed a little squatted all the way through first. Don't think I could've got it any quicker with those tyres/suspension. Fronts were spinning and the rears were having a hard time...
mynameisdaniel

Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT tbSTi Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15835

Postby Dropz » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:02 pm

Your launches were good, but you also need to remember that you are on a hill which doesn't help the squatting issue. Suspension would be my first point of action, tyres I'd leave til later.
Built not bought, it's a way of life.
Dropz

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17921

Postby tkboi » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:57 pm

agreed with karl def need some better suspension first then tyres. my tyres + brakes were letting me down. i was spinning most of the time in the little s hairpin area =[ better rotors so i can hold the brakes down and atleast launch it at 4500 lol. damn auto
MY08 Liberty Obsidian Black Sedan 2.5i AT Limited Edition SAT NAV / 6000k HID, LED INTERIOR lights, LED Parkers, 8000k HID foggies, LED BRAKE lights, LED REVERSE lights/ ULTREX front grill and front lip / K2-GEAR Rear Window Spoiler / Alpine Type S speakers (front splits, rear coaxial), Digital Design 12inch sub, 5chan JL XD700/5, Dynamat Extreme (doors and boot lid) / Blitz pod filter + self made stainless steel intake piping / STI Quads, 2.25 stainless steel, TWE 4-1 headers / front and rear whiteline swaybars / JDM weathershields / Advan RS 18x8.5 +47 / front cusco brake stopper and rear strut brace / Upgraded GT brakes / JDM Camber Adjustable Bilsteins struts with eibach springs / PHAT lower control arm bushes / front HD swaybar links / Rear HD Cusco Swaybar Mount / Perrin Lightweight crank pulley / KIDO E85/98 fuel flex tune / Upgraded GT brakes, Pads - fronts - Ferodo DS2500 rears - Remsa HPT
tkboi

Car: MY08 AT 2.5i Sedan

Postby t.renshaw34 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:57 pm

nice pics guys. looked like a fun day.

Sorry I wasnt there, was at work till 3 am the night before and didnt really feel like getting up at 6am after a long week.

whats the tracks surface like? fairly smooth?
Project Lib - HKS-Killer B-STI-Ultrex-Stanza-Innovate-Perrin-Dynamat-DAMD-K2 Gear-BC-Kartboy-Whiteline-Cusco-Brembo-ROTA-Pirelli-Goodridge-Project MU-DBA-EBC-Garage 88-AVO-Redline-Carbign Craft-Walbro-ID-Kstech-Turbosmart-X Force-Rallitek
t.renshaw34

Car: 2005 Black Lib GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13404

Postby mynameisdaniel » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:33 pm

Yeah suspension I would like to do but I can't go any lower at all so can't really justify it... Plus I need new tyres now anyway :P

The surface is pretty good Taylor, it's just if you cut the edge of the track in some spots it's a sharp edge where all the grass has died. You can feel the rough edge on the tyres... Or you could just try and drive in the middle of the track instead of racing lines on a 1 lane wide track :)
mynameisdaniel

Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT tbSTi Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15835

Postby Nottage969 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:41 pm

WheelieBin wrote:How hard were you launching to have it squat down that much?!

Thought the exact same thing when I first saw the photo on Facebook! :lol: Huge squat. Though Karl raises a good point with it being on a small rise, would definitely hold the squat a bit longer.

Still, great photo's guys, good to hear you had fun.
MY03 Subaru Liberty RX 2.5L Special Edition 5spd Manual - Silver

Single-tip Junbl Muffler
18x7 Spec B Alloy Wheels
Pioneer Headdeck and 6.5" Splits
Nottage969

Car: Silver MY03 RX Special Ed.

Postby t.renshaw34 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:51 pm

looks like a very skinny track haha.
Project Lib - HKS-Killer B-STI-Ultrex-Stanza-Innovate-Perrin-Dynamat-DAMD-K2 Gear-BC-Kartboy-Whiteline-Cusco-Brembo-ROTA-Pirelli-Goodridge-Project MU-DBA-EBC-Garage 88-AVO-Redline-Carbign Craft-Walbro-ID-Kstech-Turbosmart-X Force-Rallitek
t.renshaw34

Car: 2005 Black Lib GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13404

Postby Dropz » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:51 pm

Dan Suspension would be worthwhile even if you are not lower because you can go stiffer which would be the improvement you are after.
Built not bought, it's a way of life.
Dropz

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17921

Previous

Return to SA