GB now Closed: Goodridge Brake Lines; 6 piece kit

Organise a group buy here. You need "approved seller" status to start a group buy topic.
club.liberty.asn.au branded gear will also be posted here.

GB now Closed: Goodridge Brake Lines; 6 piece kit

Postby SYM » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:15 am

Hi Folks

I've been scouring local stores for a 6-piece goodridge brake line kit, and none of them seem to offer a price as good as the one from rally direct sport, at $162.34 USD (excl shipping)

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/GoodRid ... Front-Rear

Just sending out feelers to see if anyone is planning to buy a set of goodridge brake lines at present or in the near future (specifically the 6-piece kit)? Savings will be from reduced shipping costs (per kit)

I've worked out the cost per kit, including shipping from US, if multiple kits were purchased. Note all amounts in USD. The prices with the 8% discount, which ends arvo of 5/9:
1x $220 ($207)
2x $204 ($191)
3x $199 ($186)
4x $196 (and so on)
5x $195
10x $192

Final cost will be in AUD equivalent, plus respective shipping costs for inter/intra state folk (happy to arrange a meet n pickup for Sydney folk)

Key things to note:
- Please PM me if you are committed to a purchase and have funds ready, by no later than midday 4th of September (this is to take advantage of the 8% discount offer - thanks rooby!).
- If ordering more than 3 in total, then it may take a bit longer as they have to order in from their supplier
- Shipping will be by USPS Priority Mail International
- Would appreciate confirmation of direct deposit transfer before final order is placed
Last edited by SYM on Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[ MY10 Liberty GT Wagon ] : Powered by HKS | STi | KiDo | Cusco | Valenti | Crystal Eye | F&R Brembo BBK, cruisn style :mrgreen:

Pics | Jack Moss' awesome Prototype photography of the GT | MY10 LGT early days, and Most Recent pics
Vids | SYM Member Profile video | Our slick club.lib #bandbacktogether video plus Various other club.liberty vid compilations
SYM
-stickered-

Car: MY10 LGT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17124

Re: EOI: Goodridge Brake Lines; 6 piece kit (by mid Sep'12)

Postby Rome_BRZ » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:35 pm

rooby wrote:Rally sport direct labour day special.

8% off code: 2SW85E

Valid 29/08 to 04/09

Http://rallysportdirect.com

You can use this for a good discount if you order before 4th September
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby SH30RB » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:38 pm

you seem to be missing out on Mark's (cruisn) group buys all the time Simon! :lol:

But this particular group buy is always a good one.

I wont put my name down tho because I already have a set :D
TEAM FUNERAL HEARSE!
Only slightly modified, I swear!
SH30RB
-stickered-

Car: 05 Liberty 3.0R-B wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14766

Postby cruisn » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:42 pm

Just make sure that if you get over $1000 worth, to get them sent in two seperate packages declared value under $1000 or you'll get hit with import duty and GST like I did. :oops:
cruisn

Car: MY02 GTB E Tune

Postby Rome_BRZ » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:48 pm

cruisn wrote:Just make sure that if you get over $1000 worth, to get them sent in two seperate packages declared value under $1000 or you'll get hit with import duty and GST like I did. :oops:

Rookie error! :P
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby cruisn » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:58 pm

Rome_STI wrote:
cruisn wrote:Just make sure that if you get over $1000 worth, to get them sent in two seperate packages declared value under $1000 or you'll get hit with import duty and GST like I did. :oops:

Rookie error! :P

No, far from rookie, just had that much going on, forgot to tell the supplier..... :roll:
cruisn

Car: MY02 GTB E Tune

Postby SYM » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:13 pm

SH30RB wrote:you seem to be missing out on Mark's (cruisn) group buys all the time Simon! :lol:

But this particular group buy is always a good one.

I wont put my name down tho because I already have a set :D

Yeah i know.... off-timing on my part! I now regularly watch the sale/group buy sections more closely (more than before)

Thanks for the tips Mark, I'll definitely keep that in mind

Thanks for the coupon reference Jerome (and rooby)... its actually very very tempting - I'll make the call early next week depending on level of interest over the weekend
[ MY10 Liberty GT Wagon ] : Powered by HKS | STi | KiDo | Cusco | Valenti | Crystal Eye | F&R Brembo BBK, cruisn style :mrgreen:

Pics | Jack Moss' awesome Prototype photography of the GT | MY10 LGT early days, and Most Recent pics
Vids | SYM Member Profile video | Our slick club.lib #bandbacktogether video plus Various other club.liberty vid compilations
SYM
-stickered-

Postby Jubaeg » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:27 am

I'm interested - I also pondered the GB from a while ago and stupidly told myself that I shouldn't do it, does the coupon apply to multiple orders?

My wife recently drove my car, and complained constantly about the spongy brakes and said that the car was dangerous to drive and needed to be fixed. Pads are all in good nick (04 GT wagon) and rotors were machined 3 months ago when pads were changed. I already have the Cusco brake brace applied.

Query - how hard is it to replace the brake lines?

Obviously I don't want to tinker with something so fundamental as brakes if the risk is high that I'd cock something up!
Jubaeg

Car: Liberty MY04 GT wagon semi-auto

Postby rooby » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:47 am

The coupon code applies to all orders until 11:59 04/09 CST, which is 3pm 05/09 AEST.
rooby

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B

Postby Jubaeg » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:59 am

Thanks Reuben
Jubaeg

Postby SYM » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:17 pm

Jubaeg wrote:I'm interested - I also pondered the GB from a while ago and stupidly told myself that I shouldn't do it, does the coupon apply to multiple orders?

My wife recently drove my car, and complained constantly about the spongy brakes and said that the car was dangerous to drive and needed to be fixed. Pads are all in good nick (04 GT wagon) and rotors were machined 3 months ago when pads were changed. I already have the Cusco brake brace applied.

Query - how hard is it to replace the brake lines?

Obviously I don't want to tinker with something so fundamental as brakes if the risk is high that I'd cock something up!

Jubaeg - with the 8% discount, the price per unit (in USD, incl shipping) is $191, if we order 2 sets

I dont think its that hard to change the brake lines, you just need to know (or have guidance) on what to do. I am getting mine installed at the same time as when the brembos and rotors go on (professionally installed)

SYM
-stickered-

Re: EOI: Goodridge Brake Lines; 6 piece kit (by 4th Sep'12)

Postby Jubaeg » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:38 pm

Sweet - I'm definitely in. I was reading the thread on the last GB and I think the total cost per person ended up being $206 due to the GST so that price works for me, and hopefully some others are interested too. Send me a PM with your bank details when you're ready.

After reading the other thread will give it a go or better yet get my father (retired mechanical engineer) to come and visit and advise while I'm doing it. The only bugger is going to be getting under the car and up on wheel stands - these are low cars!
Jubaeg

Postby rooby » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:23 pm

I can beat you all I paid full price like a sucker :lol:

Pretty easy install.

From memory all you need is 8 & 10 mm spanners. Or decent flare wrenches if you have them.
Some wd40 or similar to try and help unstick the nuts.
Some hose for bleeding.

Mine is pretty low and can get up on stands pretty easy, although that is using a low trolley jack.

I just drive onto some wood and then up with it.
rooby

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B

Postby Jubaeg » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:15 pm

Thanks for the intel Reuben.
Jubaeg

I want a set now anyone want a set still Sent from my GT-N7

Postby Nipple06 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:45 pm

GB:Subaru Android, iPod, iPhone, USB & Bluetooth Car Kit | GROM
http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=21136
Nipple06

Car: Subaru liberty 2.5i wagon 2004
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15410

Return to Group Buys and Club Liberty accessories