Cruise - Sunday August 12th

Re: Cruise - Sunday August 12th

Postby mynameisdaniel » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:24 pm

Awesome, thanks for all the info. What are the public days like? Get a decent amount of track time?

Here are some photos, there's better quality versions on the facebook group.

mynameisdaniel

Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT tbSTi Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15835

Postby Dropz » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:48 pm

Looks great dan!
Built not bought, it's a way of life.
Dropz

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17921

Postby static09 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:13 pm

Was a good day out. Like that route well choosen Karl

definitly need to try and get some upgrades done before next time although i am proud of the 2.5 keeping up with the turbo boys all day
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.
static09

Car: 06 Liberty Safety Pack
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18125&p=253412#p253412

Postby WheelieBin » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:54 pm

static09 wrote:Was a good day out. Like that route well choosen Karl

definitly need to try and get some upgrades done before next time although i am proud of the 2.5 keeping up with the turbo boys all day

In my own defence, I somehow forgot about S# for the entire day... so I should have been a tiny bit faster out of some of those corners... you definitely had me coming into all of them though. I think I need to get a sneak preview of the next route from Karl and get some practice in ;)

Do you have any brakes left though? :P
Diamond Grey MY08 GT-B Sedan
WheelieBin

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec.B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17507

Postby bradr » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:03 pm

Thanks for another great day, guys.

Dan, ta muchly for the pic - looks good.

Ben, you certainly didn't lead me astray when you directed us down Corkscrew Road - I thought it was funny getting to the bottom, thinking everyone was ahead of us and then suddenly seeing Taylor and the rest gaining on us from behind!!

And your new beast looks good on the road, Ben.

Oh, and the pub at Loby....they call it the Rising Sun Hotel because you get to see the sun rise while waiting for the lunch you ordered the day before.

'til next time

cheers,

bj
bradr

Car: MY06 3.0R-SpecB Sedan

Postby WheelieBin » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:06 pm

Hahaha... THAT bit I remembered, coz I sat in the middle of the road waiting for the girls to catch up last time we did that cruise... bit of a precarious spot.

Yeah, I could hear Taylor coming down the hill behind us just after we got into it, I was a little confused!! LOL (also didn't help that I'd completely forgotten where to go once we hit the bottom, otherwise I would have just kept going!)
WheelieBin

Postby mynameisdaniel » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:30 pm

bradr wrote:Dan, ta muchly for the pic - looks good.

Oh, and the pub at Loby....they call it the Rising Sun Hotel because you get to see the sun rise while waiting for the lunch you ordered the day before.

'til next time

cheers,

bj

Welcome.

:lol:
mynameisdaniel

Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT tbSTi Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15835

Postby Nottage969 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:36 am

Devastated i missed this one. Sounds like you guys had a blast! And i would've liked to give my old girl a good thrashing to keep up with you before it blows a head gasket or something :P

Glad you all had fun, looks like a decent turnout too! Good pictures Dan. Unfortunate about the lunch, last cruise i went on and we chose there and it was pretty reasonable and quick. Except i got a schnitzel with no chips, and had to ask for my chips by the time i'd nearly finished it. Was extremely odd :?
MY03 Subaru Liberty RX 2.5L Special Edition 5spd Manual - Silver

Single-tip Junbl Muffler
18x7 Spec B Alloy Wheels
Pioneer Headdeck and 6.5" Splits
Nottage969

Car: Silver MY03 RX Special Ed.

Postby bradr » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:59 pm

Nottage969 wrote:...Unfortunate about the lunch, last cruise i went on and we chose there and it was pretty reasonable and quick. Except i got a schnitzel with no chips, and had to ask for my chips by the time i'd nearly finished it. Was extremely odd :?

That's ok, Michael, I ordered my squid with vegies and got salad and was told there were no more vegies. Then a few minutes later, Dan got his parmy (he ordered chicken and got beef) WITH VEGIES!! I'm like...wtf?

In the meantime, while we're all waiting for our respective meals, Taylor, who had ordered one of everything on the menu for himself, had consumed three of his before the last of us got fed. Taylor also asked for a doggie bag for the leftovers....of other people's meals.....(he had no leftovers)

If we ever get to go on a cruise at the same time, Michael, we'll have a fight for the last place. Well, that is unless Karl brings his "twin turbo" wagon again.

:wink:

cheers,

bj
bradr

Postby WheelieBin » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:19 pm

You were staying in front of me in a fairly tidy fashion... I'm just not confident with corners I don't know. I think I need to volunteer to be the test pilot when Karl draws up a new cruise ;)

That and I forgot S# LOL. Still can't believe I did that
WheelieBin

Postby Da4sti3 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:30 pm

Who owns the red gt?

How do u join the Facebook group?
TEAM RED 2.5i 05 Sedan
Da4sti3

Car: 05 Liberty 2.5i 5 speed
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16154

Postby Nottage969 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:45 pm

bradr wrote:
Nottage969 wrote:...Unfortunate about the lunch, last cruise i went on and we chose there and it was pretty reasonable and quick. Except i got a schnitzel with no chips, and had to ask for my chips by the time i'd nearly finished it. Was extremely odd :?

That's ok, Michael, I ordered my squid with vegies and got salad and was told there were no more vegies. Then a few minutes later, Dan got his parmy (he ordered chicken and got beef) WITH VEGIES!! I'm like...wtf?

In the meantime, while we're all waiting for our respective meals, Taylor, who had ordered one of everything on the menu for himself, had consumed three of his before the last of us got fed. Taylor also asked for a doggie bag for the leftovers....of other people's meals.....(he had no leftovers)

If we ever get to go on a cruise at the same time, Michael, we'll have a fight for the last place. Well, that is unless Karl brings his "twin turbo" wagon again.

:wink:

cheers,

bj

Hahahahahaha, wow, that is just an epic fail by the pub this time! Sounds like you guys had a blast with tryna get some food! :P And lol @ Taylor's food consumption. At the catchup dinner he had something wrong with his tooth or gum and only ate wedges, so hadn't been subjected to that.

Haha i can't see that happening mate, you would be right up there without even putting your foot to the floor. In the meantime i'd be running 2nd gear at about 5000rpm :P But yeah, sounds a plan, i should be at the next one but i notice you won't be able to make it! What's wrong with Karl's wagon? :P
WheelieBin wrote:You were staying in front of me in a fairly tidy fashion... I'm just not confident with corners I don't know. I think I need to volunteer to be the test pilot when Karl draws up a new cruise ;)

I am yet to comment on this, but LOOOOOL hahahahahah :P Quite amusing. Least you'll never forget again since you felt like such a dick this time :P
MY03 Subaru Liberty RX 2.5L Special Edition 5spd Manual - Silver

Single-tip Junbl Muffler
18x7 Spec B Alloy Wheels
Pioneer Headdeck and 6.5" Splits
Nottage969

Car: Silver MY03 RX Special Ed.

Postby bradr » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:06 pm

Nottage969 wrote:...What's wrong with Karl's wagon?...

It does 0-100 in a minute-and-a-half.

Nottage969 wrote:
WheelieBin wrote:You were staying in front of me in a fairly tidy fashion... I'm just not confident with corners I don't know. I think I need to volunteer to be the test pilot when Karl draws up a new cruise ;)

I am yet to comment on this, but LOOOOOL hahahahahah :P Quite amusing. Least you'll never forget again since you felt like such a dick this time :P

I was surprised that Ben didn't want me to be behind him but figured that he didn't want to dent his new machine by having me sniffing his six all the time; the truth, however, is now out there. Actually, truth be told, I was taking it easy, too - there's a hot smell coming from the front passenger side and I don't know what it is, I can't isolate it and it's only after a longer drive. Strangely, though, it wasn't there during the cruise.

cheers,

bj
bradr

Postby Dropz » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:42 pm

Cv boot.

Also, if I stall it up I think I can get 1.28 with the quicker launch.
Built not bought, it's a way of life.
Dropz

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17921

Postby Hobba » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:16 pm

Spewing I missed the cruise, unfortunately a few probs with my car atm. Front left wheel bearing got replaced Friday, but the power steering is up the shit too.... Also Smashed my front lip yesterday to boot... not happy.

By the way, as a hills resident I would recommend going straight past the Loby pubs and head to the Lobethal Bierhaus next time.
HyperFlow TMIC | HyperFlow Air Intake | AVO Dump Pipe | HKS ES Premium Exhaust | ECUTEK Type 2
Cusco Strut Brace w/BCS | F&R Cusco Sway Bars | Cusco HD Rear SB Mounts | Whiteline Anti-lift Kit
HKS Hipermax III BBTUNE Coilovers |18" Enkei EMK3 Hyper Silver
Hobba

Car: Liberty GT MY05 Black

PreviousNext

Return to SA