QLD night shoot / coffee meet up

Organise a coffee meetup, cruise or any other event.

QLD night shoot / coffee meet up

Postby LIBER8ED » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:32 pm

Just in the mind setting of some pics i took the other night, due to willowbank being closed, its got me thinking.. .scary i know...

http://www.ozliberty.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8646

Just wondering if anyone is interested in getting together one night, catch up and do a night shoot.. Get some good photos, and catch up for a brew or something... A mini cruise if you will..

If anyone knows any good places, that would give us some good night shots, ( ie back drops, lights etc etc ) and if any of you are a closet photographer with an arsenal of photographic equipment, then feel free to come forward.

No dates or anything, ill put it forward purely as an intrest thing.. and we can work it out from there.

I got a camera, and can take the occasional good shot, but now is your chance to come out and see what you can do..
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

Image[ImageImageImageImage
LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT

Postby bass_ke » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:14 pm

I can't take photos at all but I'm very very interested in this Cruise!

I'll keep an eye out on Night hot spots!
2016-Present MY16 Outback Diesel Premium
2006-Present MY04 Impreza GX
2007-2016 MY04 Liberty GT Premium
2005-2007 MY00 Forester GT Luxo
bass_ke

count me in

Postby honkas » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:12 pm

Not too flashy with the camera either.. but willing to catch up for a cruise... 8)
honkas

Car: MY08 3RB

Postby 05gtwagonman » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:43 pm

ok, this is where I might be able to help, and help myself at the same time. I need to replace the shots taken by my best mate chris, and this sounds like a great op. He is busy thursday nights so we need to work around him.
He too is a car nut, prev: u13 atessa, n15 sss and now a clio 172... he would be happy to take shots using a cannon 400d L series zoom and at least two other lenses etc and an awsome eye for detail and setting. I will try and get him to post some pix. I'll let you guys work it out with him some type of nominal charge to cover his time ( he will post process and burn to cd etc ) and we can go from there. I will watch and see if this comes off and take it from there. You guys need to help a little with place. I'll kick it off with two also-rans suggestions: lookout Mt G or the little road( name unknown) at the bottom of the cliffs at K point. Or even under the storey bridge...
Whiteline rear sway, King lows, Custom quad tip muffs, Subi sport grill, HID's, Boost guage, JL slot port 12" off the standard mac, RB3l 18's ezeflash tune 150.9kw@4w 15psi 36degC...
05gtwagonman

Postby 05gtwagonman » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Are we still looking at this? my mate sent me a simple pic he took this week of his ride. No where near his best, but a good example of a functional car pic...
Whiteline rear sway, King lows, Custom quad tip muffs, Subi sport grill, HID's, Boost guage, JL slot port 12" off the standard mac, RB3l 18's ezeflash tune 150.9kw@4w 15psi 36degC...
05gtwagonman

Postby sooobi » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:52 pm

Need a tripod for night shots.. I'm keen..
Gen1, Gen2, Gen3, Gen4.. No mods, honest...
sooobi

Car: my05mt GT b.spec no neons
Profile URL: http://forum.liberty.asn.au

Postby 05gtwagonman » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:01 am

He's got that and a lot more...
05gtwagonman

Postby sooobi » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:03 am

05gtwagonman wrote:He's got that and a lot more...

who? me? ;) ol'mate..

As mentioned it is best when everyone brings a camera..

And someone bring mozzie spray!
sooobi

Postby Ric » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:16 am

sooobi wrote:...

And someone bring mozzie spray!

or

or

:)
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Postby sooobi » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:43 am

Photoshoot essentials 101 ;)

[Public service announcement](DEET is the safest insect repellent for protection, particularly of children, against insect borne diseases such as West Nile Virus, meningitis, ... http://www.deet.com/) N,N-diethyl-m-toluamide - some studies have shown negative effects may be present..
http://www.dukemednews.org/news/article.php?id=5500
http://www.mindfully.org/Pesticide/2002 ... 3jul02.htm

LOL @ "DEET is like nuclear power because there is no safe method for using either."

Don't spray it on skin, nor around food, drinks, babies, pregnant people etc.. Maybe even go herbal? ;)
[/announcement]

Anyway, who else for the photoshoot meet?
sooobi

Postby 05gtwagonman » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:46 pm

allright, this seems to be going nowhere too fast.

For photography we need to meet at around 5.30 so that we can get some good shots in in the low twilight thru to around 6.30. I would suggest beer or so after- to the legal limit for those driving of course. the best shots will be in a place with either an interesting (water etc) background or with heights to catch the orange rays off the body and get something interesting in the back ground... This really limits us. Most of us work- seen a dole bludger in a GT??? little time to get to the scene... I'm no good sunday. Plenty are no good sat. Can this be done on a week day. Prob not thursday for late night trade...

I'm only fairly new, so I would imagine that there are others here better suited to take charge.
Venue. Date. Beer/refeshments after?

Lets do this sooner rather than later. i'd be happy to go to several if they were often just to see them get off the ground as a workable fixture...
05gtwagonman

Postby Resonate » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:22 pm

I'm off to cairns later in the month but it definitely sounds like a good idea. If something can be arranged then i'm in. 8)
Resonate

Car: MY07 GT-B (Diamond Grey)

Postby SkoobyGT » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:48 pm

LIBER8ED
Don't forget to straighten your badge for the pics :lol: :wink:
************FOR SALE - $20,999 - ************2004 GT Liberty
SkoobyGT

Postby LIBER8ED » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:53 am

ok guys, here is the plan, firstly SkoobyGT your an ass.. ha ha ive not been able to look at the damn thing now since you said that... its doing my head in.

ok back on topic.. a few of us went for a drive the other night to try and find some suitable spots to see what we could find, and nothing is concrete yet.. but ive a couple more places to try out, and some more details to iron out..

AT THIS STAGE, im thinking down the goldy.. ish... and the plan will be, have a bbq late lunch, around the 1530-1600 mark.. (or 3:30 - 4 pm for those who dont know 24hr) then make our way to white water world car park ( ie dreamworld ) at around 6...

A meeting point is yet to be determined, Jarrod help me out here brother from another mother, the bbq will be somewhere around the area to the west, so if you know of something, speak up, or forever hold your peace

The joint cloes at 5, (dreamworld) so by 6, there should be enough spots to get into, and get our cameras set up.

Watch this space.. or the next few down, for further updates.. Date will be alot sooner than previously anticipated, ie a month tops..

Just want to go down there in the near future, and take a couple of praccy shots to see how it turns out.. But those of you with bigger better cameras than me, and the knowledge how to use them, will be able to make something out of nothing anyway.

This meet up is primarily being run through Ozlib, so there will be more frequent updates there, but for those of you not a member, ill still keep you posted up here as to whats going on..

FYI here is the link again

http://www.ozliberty.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8664
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

Image[ImageImageImageImage
LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT

Postby 05gtwagonman » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:25 pm

Hi Kurt,

I took the time to actually read the other forum just then. No I'm not a member at this stage...
Quickly to redess an earlier post, The nominal fee to which I refered was simply to cover my mates arse from thirty guys all expecting him to post process RAW image files, photoshop out the undesirables, f*&k with the colour, contrast, white levels etc and all that then burn off to disk- Many, many hours of work BTW. Put simply, he would/ will do it for love, but if too many people ask too much, with me having dobbed him in without asking... You know what I mean. I was only talking 5 bucks sort of thing as well...
It's clear from the reaction at ozlib that this has somehow been taken as insulting. I withdraw and appologise...
Assuming that everyone would still like to meet me I am haapy to join in on the Sat night idea. I would also have to say, that for accessability and travel time for most people, the Kpoint site would work best and the photo taken there on Ozlib looks the best IMO.
Happy to go with whatever is chosen...
Please do post confirmation here as you said tho...
05gtwagonman

Next

Return to Gatherings