Member Profile: Jakey!

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile: Jakey!

Postby Kekotic » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:23 am

Jake, congrats on picking up the car mate. Looks shit hot.

As for the scratch, let me take a look at it and see how bad it actually is. I know of a few places to get it fixed up.

But you must be doing something wrong if you get picked up by the cops on your first day. No offence. I have never been pulled over so far.
Remember you are part of a club now, so drive it like you earned it 8)

Now I implore you to add your interest to the next kebab meet which I am organising. Last nights kebab meet had about 14 people from the club (about 18 people total)
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=15532
You can get some great ideas from members of the club on what mods to do and what not to do. And we seem a pretty good bunch and most people will let you drive their cars so you can get a good feel for what is possible etc.

Anyway, I hope to see you there at the next kebab meet, being stationary and not taking corners too fast :wink:
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby jakey » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:40 am

Sounds like a good idea. If not the next meet, the one after that or after that or after that or after that..I am a bit shy to bring my stock ride to face a carpark full of crash hot libs :mrgreen: Maybe once I get some new wheels.

As for the cops...I guess today I was testing it out a bit so I was definitely driving riskier than normal. Hopefully I have gotten that out of my system now.

If I remember I'll take a good quality photo of the scratch tomorrow.
'
Thanks mate
-Jakey-UBARU
jakey

Car: UBARU - 2005 MY06 3.0R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15489

Postby Kekotic » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:50 am

jakey wrote:Sounds like a good idea. If not the next meet, the one after that or after that or after that or after that..I am a bit shy to bring my stock ride to face a carpark full of crash hot libs :mrgreen: Maybe once I get some new wheels

Jake that's not how this works mate.
We all started from scratch once upon a time, this is not a "show your car off" thing. It's just a gathering of like minded people. You would be doing yourself a disservice by not coming along because you think your car is somehow not "worthy".
Plenty of people bring their stock cars along to these things. Being part of a club is about being part of a community, not how many mods you have.
Come along to the next meet, you won't regret it.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby dmh87 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:54 am

chaotic2050 wrote:
jakey wrote:Sounds like a good idea. If not the next meet, the one after that or after that or after that or after that..I am a bit shy to bring my stock ride to face a carpark full of crash hot libs :mrgreen: Maybe once I get some new wheels

Jake that's not how this works mate.
We all started from scratch once upon a time, this is not a "show your car off" thing. It's just a gathering of like minded people. You would be doing yourself a disservice by not coming along because you think your car is somehow not "worthy".
Plenty of people bring their stock cars along to these things. Being part of a club is about being part of a community, not how many mods you have.
Come along to the next meet, you won't regret it.

Of all the posts Kieran has posted on here, I'll have to agree with him 100% on this. I've only been to a few meets and one Melbourne cruise, but everyone is very friendly and helpful, a group of mature minded people who love their cars.
dmh87
-stickered-

Postby Kekotic » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:38 am

dmh87 wrote:Of all the posts Kieran has posted on here, I'll have to agree with him 100% on this.

I don't know if I should be honoured or angered by that comment :mrgreen:
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby rooby » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:37 am

I assume you didn't actually get fined for 'exiting a roundabout too fast', was it just a warning?
rooby

Postby jakey » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:13 am

rooby wrote:I assume you didn't actually get fined for 'exiting a roundabout too fast', was it just a warning?

Correct, they obviously saw me do it and then followed me down the exit road for about a km before they pulled me over so seeing as I exited so fast they assumed I would be speeding too.
I didn't break any laws so they couldn't do anything, somehow between the roadworthy the seller got less than a week ago and yesterday I've blown a tail-light so that is a bit suspicious on the roadworthy part, but the officers decided to let me go for that.
-Jakey-UBARU
jakey

Postby rooby » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:37 am

It is also possible one of the reasons you got pulled over is that your car has P plates.

Until you don't have to display P's or have your full licence you can expect more police attention, especially if you are doing something "wrong" or that maybe could be interpreted as wrong.

Driving a non-turbo liberty on your full licence shouldn't attract much attention at all.

v :offtopic: v
I can remember when I was 18, going sideways around a corner when there was a marked cop car behind me that I hadn't noticed. Now that's stupid :russian_roulette: That's when I realise I don't pay enough attention to my surroundings.

I got a warning for that. If I was on my P's I don't think it would have been a warning.
rooby

Postby jakey » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:04 am

Below is the pic of the scratch. It's impossible to get a good photo of because the damn car is so shiny!

I also noticed that it seems as if a clip is missing off the front bumper to hold it flush...is this hard to source?

Also - one of my rear tail-lights are out. What options do I have for replacing these..Is there an LED version?

EDIT: forgot to attach haha
-Jakey-UBARU
jakey

Postby dmh87 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:53 pm

chaotic2050 wrote:
dmh87 wrote:Of all the posts Kieran has posted on here, I'll have to agree with him 100% on this.

I don't know if I should be honoured or angered by that comment :mrgreen:

LOL :)
dmh87
-stickered-

Postby jakey » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:55 pm

Been looking at wheels today..

I really like the Enkei GTC01's but I feel like they are a weee bit expensive!

Has anyone heard of the Enkei Sc07? I can only find one russian link for them, but there is someone selling four new ones for a decent price in NSW and they look really nice.

What about Enkei Rs05? I founds full set of those for $1200..

Oh gee I am limiting my self to a single brand here haha, I know that wheels are very much personal preference, but what is recommended around here?
-Jakey-UBARU
jakey

Postby SegR » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:19 pm

Jakey's not wearing pants.
Team Beards
Beards Don't Kill People, People With Beards Kill People.
SegR

Car: MY05 3.0R sedan, black
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14605

Postby jakey » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:42 am

SegR wrote:Jakey's not wearing pants.

Correct. Sunday was quite hot in Melbourne...They're shorts..
-Jakey-UBARU
jakey

Postby cruisn » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:56 am

Pantless FTW! :mrgreen:

With the bumper, just give it a whack on that clip to push it towards the guard. If it doesnt pop in and stay, theres a few easy fixes to make it work.

Let me know how you go.
cruisn

Car: MY02 GTB E Tune

Postby jakey » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:31 am

Nah the clip is missing or something the previous owner said..I'll try smash it in but pretty sure it needs some sort of tinkering
-Jakey-UBARU
jakey

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods