[split] Repairing Info display for 2004 Liberty

Stereos, amps, phone kits, Navi...

Re: [split] Repairing Info display for 2004 Liberty

Postby wrxhoon » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:09 pm

I would have thought he would want to share his knowledge with others so others can learn just like he learns from others on this forum.
This is why the forum exists.. Its your forum and you run it as you see fit but thios is the only forum I know thet someone other than a trader sells their goods or services ...
If he wants to make money by selling his stuff shouldn't he pay to become a trader just like all others do??

I will find a stuffed clock somewhere and when I find the problem I will post it so everyone can repair theirs..
wrxhoon

Postby mihai » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:16 pm

wrxhoon wrote:I would have thought he would want to share his knowledge with others so others can learn just like he learns from others on this forum.
This is why the forum exists.. Its your forum and you run it as you see fit but thios is the only forum I know thet someone other than a trader sells their goods or services ...
If he wants to make money by selling his stuff shouldn't he pay to become a trader just like all others do??

I will find a stuffed clock somewhere and when I find the problem I will post it so everyone can repair theirs..

Dude, he made no secret about it, as Ric said above, heres the link: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8681.

He is offering a service for those that may not be skilled with a soldering iron or are not confident to pull apart their clock and what not.
[New: MY11 FPV F6 | Winter White | Pioneer DEX-P99RS | Alpine PDX-F6 | Alpine PDX-M12 | JL Audio 12W7-AE ]
[Old: MY07 2.0R | Urban Grey | 5 MT | 6000k HID | LED | Alpine IVA-W502E | Alpine PDX1.1000 | Alpine PDX4.150 | JL Audio 12W7v3 | Focal KRX2 ]
mihai

Car: MY07 Liberty 2.0R + MY11 FPV F6

Postby Ric » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:53 pm

wrxhoon wrote:I would have thought he would want to share his knowledge with others so others can learn just like he learns from others on this forum.
This is why the forum exists..

He's already posted what he did, and I posted the link to that topic earlier.
Its your forum and you run it as you see fit but thios is the only forum I know thet someone other than a trader sells their goods or services ...

He fixed one item, and he's offering to sell it. He's also taking the chance that he might be able to fix another one the same way.

Everyone in the "For sale" forum is "selling stuff". The only requirement is that they are an active member of this board, and have their location specified in their profile. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3
What makes you think any of the "Vendors" on this site pay for it?
That is just a convenient classification to give the commercial vendors their own space, it hasn't cost them anything. viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2539

No problem. Please read my previous post again. You are making unfounded accusations against Clarence, and I don't appreciate the uncalled for aggression.
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Postby Arith » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:22 am

That's sort of like telling a mechanic he needs to post up step by step instructions on how he installs a front mount. Just because someone has the knowledge doesn't mean he's forced to divulge it. But it's not like Clarence is repairing and selling at a commercial level. Secondly, just because you instructions on how to do something, doesn't mean you'd necessarily want to do it. As mihai mentioned, I wouldn't trust my repair skills enough to attempt it myself and would gladly pay Clarence for piece (btw Clarence that's only an example there's nothing wrong with my info display nor do I have one so I don't need yours ... LOL).

this is the only forum I know thet someone other than a trader sells their goods or services

This is probably the only forum I visit, but I find it hard to believe no other forum allows members to sell items if they are not a commercial vendor.

You're more than welcomed to. While most people would appreciate your philosophy about knowledge sharing, there's no need to attack others who do not share the same view. Especially not a senior member (with the most amount of posts because he's a post whore :P ).

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby wrxhoon » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:40 am

Ric,

My problem is with Clarence for not wanting to share with others in the forum , what the problem with these clocks is .
I'm sure it is the board and a specific part of the board that will be common on all of them . If he then wants to offer to repair peoples clocks its up to him but he could tell others that are handy with soldering iron how to fix them if they want to do that.

Like I said its your forum and you run it as you see fit and looks like some others agree with you, again its up to them .
wrxhoon

Postby Ric » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:49 am

I've said it twice already, Clarence is NOT witholding any information. He fixed his clock by resoldering all the connections he could find, and he documented that in the topic I already linked to.
This was NOT a ten minute operation. I've seen the board in his info display myself, and there was not any obvious fault on it, and I've been an electrical engineer and involved in fixing surface mount PCBs for a couple of decades...
If you can locate an actual common problem, and document it, many people would like to see it, but please don't accuse Clarence of deliberately hiding knowledge.
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Postby Lib 3.0LR » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:31 pm

Can't believe that you guys are still carrying on like little school girls over something so miniscule. :shock: :shock:
Silver wagon MY06 3.0LR/18' STI Enkei rims/STI front lip/STI pedels/STI mufflers/STI flexible bar/HKS panel air filter/Clarion CeNET iPod interface EA1251 /HID lights-fogs 6000k/Led parkers/Bilstien- Eibach springs / Corazon Grill /Brembo's-Dixel pads/goodride-brakelines./Cusco: BRAKE CYLINDER STOPPER /.Valenti Japan LED Tail Light/In Car PC,JDM Front Bar /KiDo Tune more TBA ?[size=85]
Lib 3.0LR

Car: MY06 LIBERTY 3.0LR WAGON.

Postby smythie » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:41 pm

mihai wrote:

Dude, he made no secret about it, as Ric said above, heres the link: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8681.

He is offering a service for those that may not be skilled with a soldering iron or are not confident to pull apart their clock and what not.
he didn't really withhold information but then he didn't make it evident to those who hadn't noticed his thread from a few weeks previous either... In hindsight I think if he had made reference to that thread (in the Audio section) in his first post (in the for sale thread) a lot of the grief may have been avoided

All that said though, $120 isn't a particularly expensive price if it takes him a few hours to fix it. No one's time is worthless and while some may be happy to donate theirs it should not be expected IMO
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby Graphite » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:14 am

I've just had this problem and sorted it with a bit of help from an electronics forum see thread here...

http://www.electronicspoint.com/subaru- ... 43585.html

From this...

To this...

Been working 3 or 4 days now no blanking out at all...

Good Luck :mrgreen:
2.0 GT spec.B BP5 with a few mods...
... And now I will show you the most excellent way... 1 Corinthians 12 v 31.......
Graphite

Car: Legacy (Liberty) 2.0GT spec.B JDM 04

Postby bert_ » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:02 am

Graphite wrote:I've just had this problem and sorted it with a bit of help from an electronics forum see thread here...

http://www.electronicspoint.com/subaru- ... 43585.html

From this...

To this...

Been working 3 or 4 days now no blanking out at all...

Good Luck :mrgreen:

just did this and it seems to be working for now.
nice find mate! and thanks! :D
bert_

Car: 04' WRX STi

Postby legacydan » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:45 am

ggod man, i have a spare one there from that crashed legacy i bought, i might try this and sell it on :)
legacydan

Car: Legacy b4 jdm import

Postby Graphite » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:55 pm

bert_ wrote:just did this and it seems to be working for now.
nice find mate! and thanks! :D

Great :clapping: I'm glad it helped!

:mrgreen:
... And now I will show you the most excellent way... 1 Corinthians 12 v 31.......
Graphite

Postby tangcla » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:33 am

I can say from my experience that it's more than just those solder joints which need working on. Every panel is different though.
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | 24-70mm f/2.8L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 200mm f/2.0L IS | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5
tangcla

Car: B6 Audi S4 (4.2L V8)
Profile URL: http://www.tangcla.com

Postby Graphite » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:36 pm

tangcla wrote:I can say from my experience that it's more than just those solder joints which need working on. Every panel is different though.

I think you're right Clarence... :(

Mine has been working on and off... I can always get it working by a quick tweak or bump with the PCB - but it's mostly off rather than on when I refit it in the dash... :roll:

Click pic to access video.

I took the video because it was coming back on with just a gentle 'bounce' off the dash... But then it didn't :roll: - still looks like an 'ify' joint in there somewhere to me...
Graphite

Postby tangcla » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:13 am

If you need it sent to me, let me know :P
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | 24-70mm f/2.8L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 200mm f/2.0L IS | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5
tangcla

Car: B6 Audi S4 (4.2L V8)
Profile URL: http://www.tangcla.com

PreviousNext

Return to Audio options