replacement brake pads liberty sti

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

replacement brake pads liberty sti

Postby oldtimer » Wed May 19, 2010 2:28 pm

Does anyone have a recommendation for replacement pads on a liberty gt sti. (Brembo jobbies) Options I have sussed to date range between Bendix CTs and maybe Hawk ceramics. Im looking for pads that don't create a dust storm every time you use them, and are a bit easier on the disc, whilst maintaining or better performance than OE.
oldtimer
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:03 pm
Location: Sydney
Car: liberty gt sti wagon

Re: replacement brake pads liberty sti

Postby Spec B Wgn » Wed May 19, 2010 2:40 pm

endless imo.
This cowboy walks in to a German car showroom and he says 'Audi!'
User avatar
Spec B Wgn
 
Posts: 1205
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:33 pm
Location: About to overtake you..

Re: replacement brake pads liberty sti

Postby smythie » Wed May 19, 2010 3:07 pm

Dixcel pads are also used by a number in here. M and Z options have been used.

I have Hawk Performance Ceramic on my 3RB (original calipers) and find them to be fine for everyday use. Expect that they would hold up fine on the track too at the pace I drive.
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
User avatar
smythie
 
Posts: 5227
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:46 pm
Location: Sydney (w-end)
Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Re: replacement brake pads liberty sti

Postby senator » Wed May 19, 2010 5:00 pm

Dixcel are the way too ….speak to Phat gt a vendor on this site for a price ….….. Bendix CT's are dusty and lack bite, I have managed to chew through a set in one track day….. :twisted: :twisted:

I am currently running type m's with oem rotors work fine, very little dust and better bite then oem pads. My next upgrade will type z's front and type m rear with type FS heat treated slotted rotors all round.

I would suggest if your rotors a grooved to replace those at the same time.
Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
User avatar
senator
 
Posts: 3217
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:53 pm
Location: SYDNEY

Re: replacement brake pads liberty sti

Postby oldtimer » Thu May 20, 2010 2:26 pm

Thanks, I will give the Dixcels a try.
oldtimer
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:03 pm
Location: Sydney
Car: liberty gt sti wagon

Re: replacement brake pads liberty sti

Postby SUB4RU » Thu May 20, 2010 3:08 pm

+1 for dixcels, nice feel to them after using stock pads!
SOLD: 263.5kw atw B4 Liberty (GT35R, 2.2 Stroker, 6spd)

NEW: Finally bought an 07 Liberty Spec B t/b STI :) and it begins....
User avatar
SUB4RU
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:50 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: replacement brake pads liberty sti

Postby swingn » Thu May 20, 2010 4:54 pm

+2 for Dixcels :D

Driven a few members rides running the Dixcel pads &/or rotors & they are fantastic... It's also one of the few brands where no one has any complaints... If you do a search on the forum you'll find a little more information about the various brands from people who have tried them :)
User avatar
swingn
-stickered-
 
Posts: 4163
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:11 pm
Location: Sydney, NSW
Car: MX5 SE / 911 Turbo
Real name: Matt
Profile URL: www.rtdc.com.au

Re: replacement brake pads liberty sti

Postby jdm rsk » Fri May 21, 2010 9:47 pm

+3 dixcels, nice to your rotors cznt comment on endless
User avatar
jdm rsk
formerly legacy rsk
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:04 am
Location: Sydney, Australia, Kasuga City Fukuoka Japan
Car: MY 11 VW Golf GTI ED35
Real name: Shane

Re: replacement brake pads liberty sti

Postby Arith » Fri May 21, 2010 10:03 pm

Endless tend to be more for people that track their cars. I've been told they have excellent grip but are dusty and can be noisy at times.

Gotta recommend the Dixcel Type M's. Very low dust, great grip, and extremely quiet. Decent for the occassional track days, but more suited for the streets.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
User avatar
Arith
-stickered-
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:05 am
Location: Sydney (Wes-Sieed!)
Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6
Real name: Jim

Re: replacement brake pads liberty sti

Postby overl0ad » Sat May 22, 2010 9:02 am

avoid the project MU HC+ if u want quiet and dustless.
tangcla wrote:I didn't have to. I have girly Asian hands :lol:
User avatar
overl0ad
 
Posts: 1091
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 8:46 pm
Location: Mel-burn!!!
Car: MY07 GTB 6MT *sold*
Real name: Gerald

Re: replacement brake pads liberty sti

Postby moggy » Sat May 22, 2010 10:13 am

I had a complete Dixcel upgrade (pads & rotors front and rear) and the difference from stock was amazing. :wink:

8) Bob.
When I give an opinion you have to ask yourself...what the hell does he know about anything!


I started out with nothing....and I've still got most of it left.....

MY07 Liberty GT spec B 6MT Sedan;
P3 Dump|Fujitsubo Legalis R|Whiteline|Enkeis|HKS EVC|Dixcel|Blitz|Greddy|Pink Bits|Brembos|178.6 kw ATW|
User avatar
moggy
 
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: NW Sydney, NSW
Car: MY07 Lib GTB 6MT


Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests