Tyre size for 18x8 +48 rims

Springs, shock absorbers, swaybars,
Brakes, Wheels and Tyres

Tyre size for 18x8 +48 rims

Postby easygt » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:03 pm

Hi I have gt 04 with stock suspension. Wondering what size tyres should I be using?
I was thinking may 225/40 or 235/40. I was leaning towards 235/40 as I think it will look nicer being more fat and will probabaly protect the rim more.

cheers

ken
easygt
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Melbourne
Car: liberty gt 04
Real name: Ken

Re: Tyre size for 18x8 +48 rims

Postby nytrojen » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:34 pm

225/40 is more common though, and hence a fair bit cheaper
nytrojen
-stickered-
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:14 pm

Re: Tyre size for 18x8 +48 rims

Postby easygt » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:45 pm

strange I got quoted more for the 225 for kumho ku27. I wonder if he is pulling my leg as he told me that 235 is more common.

but with size would I have any issues by going 235?
easygt
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Melbourne
Car: liberty gt 04
Real name: Ken

Re: Tyre size for 18x8 +48 rims

Postby nytrojen » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:14 pm

Nope. Should be fine. Check this guide for all things wheel + tyre related:

http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=98
nytrojen
-stickered-
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:14 pm

Re: Tyre size for 18x8 +48 rims

Postby easygt » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:38 pm

thanks avon.

very useful information.
easygt
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:36 pm
Location: Melbourne
Car: liberty gt 04
Real name: Ken


Return to Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tyres.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests