MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Team White 6Man

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B . . . here we go :)

Postby Sentinel » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:58 pm

yep - more pics or...

um, er...

No more parts!! LOL!!
Memoirs of Sentinel:
GT-B | Black | Wagon | Manual | Brembo's | 19"x8 Blaque Diamond Wheels | Tein C/O's w EDFC | Custom Interior | PHAT Zorst | WL Sways | STi Stuff...
Sentinel
-stickered-

Photos MY08 Liberty GTB

Postby GTB Liberty » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:36 pm

Sentinel wrote:yep - more pics or...

um, er...

No more parts!! LOL!!

ok OK . . .I get it , I get it :)

Under threat of a blockade on Subaru parts we have . . . the car :!:

Before anyone starts - I'd like to kill the AR^%$%$@ that tapped the bumper passenger side within 4 hours of receiving it. :angry2:

See, completely stock - HONEST ;)
Last edited by GTB Liberty on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Manual SEDAN | TEAM White | Verso tuned @ ASG 240 Hp & 372 Nm hub dyno| STi | BBK M turbo | GriMspeed | Brembo | Valentine V1 | ECUdatascan | PROVA | HKS | Zero Sports | Phat Performance Parts | ACME | Whiteline | Enkei | Dixcel | Cusco
" . . . and on the 8th day God made Subaru . . . on the 9th supposedly the V8 . . . and on the 10th turbo lag so the V8s would think they had a chance "
GTB Liberty

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=5714

LED parker install - OUCH

Postby GTB Liberty » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:28 pm

Got a bit bored so I thought I'd install the LED parkers. Passenger side was pretty easy BUT the drivers side :twisted:

I'd like to Thank Subaru (NOT) for the wonderful placement of the sharp body metal right in the way of the twisting action of the parker bulb on the drivers side. As such, my car is now officially "blooded". Regardless - the best looking mod to the car so far. No more dodgy yellow parkers.

Took the opportunity to clean up my PROVA air guide install as well. All sitting sweet now.
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Manual SEDAN | TEAM White | Verso tuned @ ASG 240 Hp & 372 Nm hub dyno| STi | BBK M turbo | GriMspeed | Brembo | Valentine V1 | ECUdatascan | PROVA | HKS | Zero Sports | Phat Performance Parts | ACME | Whiteline | Enkei | Dixcel | Cusco
" . . . and on the 8th day God made Subaru . . . on the 9th supposedly the V8 . . . and on the 10th turbo lag so the V8s would think they had a chance "
GTB Liberty

BUMP photos of the car

Postby GTB Liberty » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:24 am

See two posts up :D
GTB Liberty

Re: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Team White 6Man

Postby Sentinel » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:37 pm

Nice mate. :good:

I wasn't really a fan of the white, but the more I see of them, the more they are growing on me... There's a few more gettin around on here now.

Cant wait till your next mod! :wink:
Memoirs of Sentinel:
GT-B | Black | Wagon | Manual | Brembo's | 19"x8 Blaque Diamond Wheels | Tein C/O's w EDFC | Custom Interior | PHAT Zorst | WL Sways | STi Stuff...
Sentinel
-stickered-

Postby WhiteGTB » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:39 am

Team WHITE FTW!
WhiteGTB

Car: MY07 Legacy GT Spec B 6pd

Tint

Postby GTB Liberty » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:20 am

Well the tint has been done. 16% Solaguard on the fronts and 35% on the rears windows. There are photos below which allow comparison. We found that 16% Solaguard was the perfect match for the front to the rear doors looking in BUT strange looking out. In the end I tinted all the rear windows 35% as well to match the "look" when "looking outwards" and return the privacy glass effect.

Before

After - note rear windscreen not done at that time.

Final product.

All done by Jemahl at Current Trendz. He did a great job , taking the time to discuss what I was trying to achieve. Even applied test pieces of tint for comparison / discussion. All door trims removed, parcel shelf, centre brake light etc for a consistent finish.
GTB Liberty

Spec B "Honeycomb" grill

Postby GTB Liberty » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:36 pm

Well grill's on its way from the east coast.

Big thanks to Sentinel for his help sourcing.

I guess I should have got the MY07 - it came free with that model :?

* Hmmmmm - to blacken the chrome or not?*
GTB Liberty

Postby bugli » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:40 pm

looks great!

I'd paint the chrome personally.... :)
bugli
-stickered-

Car: MY03 RX

Postby teK-- » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:55 pm

I'm still undecided about those grills; I prefer the pre-facelift mesh grills where the mesh is set back from the front of the trim.

Love the colour of your car though, does it have pearl through it?
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Re: Spec B "Honeycomb" grill

Postby Digital » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:35 am

GTB Liberty wrote:* Hmmmmm - to blacken the chrome or not?*

i say paint it!!!! but hey i'm a bit biased....

black fits in much better with the white cars IMO, esp with your Spec B bar..... (PS let me know if u ever wanna sell the bar lol)

two looks depending on what u want i guess...

chrome = bit classier

black = bit more sporty and aggressive
MY08 2.5i - Satin Pearl White - Sat Nav [TEAM WHITE]
Digital
-stickered-

Car: MY08 2.5i Sedan - TEAM WHITE
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5767&start=0

Re: Spec B "Honeycomb" grill

Postby GTB Liberty » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:02 pm

Digital wrote:
GTB Liberty wrote:* Hmmmmm - to blacken the chrome or not?*

i say paint it!!!! but hey i'm a bit biased....

black fits in much better with the white cars IMO, esp with your Spec B bar..... (PS let me know if u ever wanna sell the bar lol)

two looks depending on what u want i guess...

chrome = bit classier

black = bit more sporty and aggressive

I do agree BUT with the SPEC B you get the headlight washer chrome on each headlight (check the avatar). They don't exist in the 2.5 headlights.

If the chrome on grill goes black they stick out terribly. Paint them black ? NAhhhh.

I somehow think that the chrome continues the "sleeper" theme. Hence, the Spec B grill rather than the deeper types.

RE: the bar - I might be able to get the farked one when mine is removed and replaced. Minor damage - Bit a bog etc. However, you'd have to source everything else (fogs surrounds etc).

GTB Liberty

Postby GTB Liberty » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:30 pm

teK-- wrote:I'm still undecided about those grills; I prefer the pre-facelift mesh grills where the mesh is set back from the front of the trim.

Love the colour of your car though, does it have pearl through it?

I'm not sure if it's a pearl, but definitely carries a metallic fleck and for a white is very nice. Recently, it was parked in a row of white cars including a BMW, Merc, Toyo 4WD and my mate and I agreed it was the best "white" out of the bunch.
GTB Liberty

Postby Digital » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:38 pm

def a pearl mate, Satin White Pearl to be exact and it's beaut!

re the bar... i dunno how much the foglights + surrounds would go for but it'd be an expensive exercise... found one on eBay which was selling for $80 but needed fixing and foglights too

never thought about the chrome washers on the lights.... if u paint the grill black i think it'd look awesome still though.... kinda like a S402 lol

btw sorry for hijacking ur thread with my pics
MY08 2.5i - Satin Pearl White - Sat Nav [TEAM WHITE]
Digital
-stickered-

Car: MY08 2.5i Sedan - TEAM WHITE
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5767&start=0

Postby GTB Liberty » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:45 pm

Digital wrote:def a pearl mate, Satin White Pearl to be exact and it's beaut!

re the bar... i dunno how much the foglights + surrounds would go for but it'd be an expensive exercise... found one on eBay which was selling for $80 but needed fixing and foglights too

never thought about the chrome washers on the lights.... if u paint the grill black i think it'd look awesome still though.... kinda like a S402 lol

btw sorry for hijacking ur thread with my pics

Well there you go - thanks for the info. Satin White Pearl. I'm loving it as well. Never would have thought I'd love a "white" BUT . . .

Short term - chrome it is. If someone wants to donate the S402 rims and 6 pot Brembos I'll paint the chrome black in a flash :D :!:
GTB Liberty

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods