Meet up for a wash?

Organise a coffee meetup, cruise or any other event.

Meet up for a wash?

Postby dafttemplar » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:37 am

Howdy all, I have been meaning to come along to one of the get togethers It is just difficult to find the time and the like.
If anyone is interested I think we should meet up somewhere down here in Sydney for a wash and wax, Maybe Someone can teach me how to do them both and recommend some products? With the old bombodore the Rougher you were the better ;)
Some time this weekend maybe? Anyone have access to power and water at their place?
dafttemplar

Postby dafttemplar » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:36 pm

Well I gave it a wash to start.
Someone recommended the Bowdensown Shampoo gel in another thread so I bought that and meguiars wheel and rim cleaner spray.

The gel was great using the two bucket method, However It is not fantastic for removing sap or tar. But overall I would recommend as a between Waxing wash.
However the Meguiars Wheel and rim cleaner was a complete waste of $25. I seemed to get the same result with a wet rag and a quick wipe. The amorall wheel and tire cleaner was far superior and half the price.

I'm still keen for a waxing though anyone?
dafttemplar

Postby Adrian2627 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:49 pm

I use CT-18 Truck Wash for wheels, tyres and engine. It works really well at getting rid of brake dust and road grime.
Adrian2627

Car: BP5F (MY09) Legacy 2.0 GT Spec B

Postby Subie Boy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:34 pm

Hey man, if you want come to Eco Spray Carwash in the Northern Beaches. My mate and his family have owned the shop for 35 years and one of the leading car wash places in Sydney. Most car dealers here take their cars there and get them detailed, paint protection, etc. Let me know if you want me to organise a meet! (group discount)?
MY11 MERCEDES E350 COUPE AVANTGARDE
MY12 MASERATI GRAN TURISMO SPORT
MY98 BMW 850ci
Subie Boy

Postby dafttemplar » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:24 am

Thats sounds good. Ask around if you can, see what sort of prices we can get.
I still want to get the satisfaction of waxing the car myself though, at least the first time.
dafttemplar

Return to Gatherings