Black'n'whites exhaust soundoff

Organise a coffee meetup, cruise or any other event.

Homebush gathering

Wenzdee the 28th
No votes
Furzdee the 29th
67%
Anuvva nite
33%

Total votes : 6

Postby senator » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:09 am

yes we heard the pipes and no we did not bring a jack and spanners to steal them.....

the setup with phats dp and centre pipe with hi techs a great, sound both inside and outside a :shock: :shock:, no drone....perfect.

after riding in pete's car i also think those s tecs a better ride then the sti pinks..... pete can back me here and alot lower

we all meet a new face jim s ........... who also had some nice pipes....
Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
senator

Postby smythie » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:25 am

Don't forget Adam and his new AVO pod. Man that thing is loud. Hope his missus doesn't notice :lol:
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby adam » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:06 am

smythie wrote:Don't forget Adam and his new AVO pod. Man that thing is loud. Hope his missus doesn't notice :lol:

i just spoke to my missus who was driving the car at the time and she didn't mention anything?!?!
and this was AFTER i'd mentioned it several times to her last night and this morning....
:yahoo: :yes2:
maybe she won't notice the mufflers after all?
I spend most of my money on booze, fast cars and women, I just waste the rest...
adam

Postby Arith » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:09 am

senator wrote:the setup with phats dp and centre pipe with hi techs a great, sound both inside and outside a :shock: :shock:, no drone....perfect.

There's something magical about Pete's car. No matter how loud the HiTechs sound on my car, it sounded perfect in Pete's car. Plus the noise inside the cabin was hardly noticeable! Even after the DP and centre pipe! Damn you Pete!

after riding in pete's car i also think those s tecs a better ride then the sti pinks..... pete can back me here and alot lower

Do you even read any reviews on the forum? :D The S.Techs lower the car 25mm while the STi pinks only 15mm. But the S.Techs are a much more comfortable and stable ride than the STi's. It's lower yes, but still no clearance issues. But the ride and handling is so much superior to the STi's. Highly recommended upgrade.

we all meet a new face jim s ........... who also had some nice pipes....

LOL! That's great to see Jim S drop by as well, who recently picked up a set of HiTechs. Sounds great on the 3.0 didn't it? I wish I could have been there to record.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby Arith » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:11 am

smythie wrote:Don't forget Adam and his new AVO pod. Man that thing is loud. Hope his missus doesn't notice :lol:

I think with 5 screaming kids the pod noise will be a pin drop.

Does the AVO have the same hissing and fluttering noise as the Blitz?

Arith
-stickered-

Postby adam » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:25 am

i haven't had a ride in your car to hear yours, we should get together to compare volumes and and nuances. all i know is that mine sounds like it's trying to suck puppies from the sidewalk... i just hope it filters out the bits the engine can't use :D
I spend most of my money on booze, fast cars and women, I just waste the rest...
adam

Postby smythie » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:44 am

Arith wrote:

I think with 5 screaming kids the pod noise will be a pin drop.

Does the AVO have the same hissing and fluttering noise as the Blitz?

Like adam describes, compressor suction hiss is super loud. And intoxicating :D He's running the stock BOV so doesn't get fluttering, just a louder hiss as he gets off the throttle

Jim_s's hitechs sound really nice. I really shouldn't have gone for a ride in that :?
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Postby Arith » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:08 am

adam wrote:all i know is that mine sounds like it's trying to suck puppies from the sidewalk...

My car prefers kittens. A kitten a day keeps it happy.

smythie wrote:Jim_s's hitechs sound really nice. I really shouldn't have gone for a ride in that

What better time to buy then now? It'll fall into line with all your other mods. Otherwise you might end up paying the $1,300 later (although Jim S got a fantastic deal).

Arith
-stickered-

Postby smythie » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:14 am

all my other mods? Geez, I've only done the brakes and resonatorectomy

Nah, next mod is sway bars. Driving home last night from Homebush through a favourite section for testing handling/bravery I think the nice balance I enjoyed with the old centre diff has gone. I'll have to do a longer run to confirm but it is feeling (the Lib characteristic) understeery. Poo
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Postby senator » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:39 am

smythie wrote:all my other mods? Geez, I've only done the brakes and resonatorectomy

Nah, next mod is sway bars. Driving home last night from Homebush through a favourite section for testing handling/bravery I think the nice balance I enjoyed with the old centre diff has gone. I'll have to do a longer run to confirm but it is feeling (the Lib characteristic) understeery. Poo

lol...... before we know it, you will on par with arith and all his mods.................. :lol:

tony you can use my line....." all i wanted was a hks panel filter"

btw sways bars a the way to go...... :lol:
Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
senator

Postby swingn » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:15 am

senator wrote:
smythie wrote:all my other mods? Geez, I've only done the brakes and resonatorectomy

lol...... before we know it, you will on par with arith and all his mods.................. :lol:

tony you can use my line....." all i wanted was a hks panel filter"

btw sways bars a the way to go...... :lol:

+1 on the sway bars... But I still think it makes the car ride harder.
swingn
-stickered-

Car: MX5 SE / 911 Turbo
Profile URL: www.rtdc.com.au

Postby GTSPECB STI » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:20 am

+2 on sway bars for sure, I did WL heavy duty bars on front and rear plus a new wheel alignment with a bit of neg camber in the front. To be honest there has been no increase in ride hardness but turn in is vastly improved over stock ride.
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-

Postby blacknwhite » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:58 am

adam wrote:

i just spoke to my missus who was driving the car at the time and she didn't mention anything?!?!
and this was AFTER i'd mentioned it several times to her last night and this morning....
:yahoo: :yes2:
maybe she won't notice the mufflers after all?

Maybe she had been deafened, or suffering shock from seeing everybody hit the pavement as she went past, or ecstatically happy that now you have taken the vac for the car she wont need to vac the carpet? :lol:
Serious Adam it is loud but not as loud as Jim, as you said if the increase you gain is worth it you will getused to it, but I think once you mod that cold air box like you plan I think will be much improved
Funny enough it seems louder in the car compared to outside
GT spec B MY07
Black/White interior
blacknwhite
-stickered-

Postby GTSPECB STI » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:04 pm

adam wrote:i haven't had a ride in your car to hear yours, we should get together to compare volumes and and nuances. all i know is that mine sounds like it's trying to suck puppies from the sidewalk... i just hope it filters out the bits the engine can't use :D

Adam have you had your car tuned for the intake yet?
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-

Postby smythie » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:11 pm

he only just got the pod on :lol:
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

PreviousNext

Return to Gatherings