April 2016 - East Coast Trek - Another of my random drives

Organise a coffee meetup, cruise or any other event.

April 2016 - East Coast Trek - Another of my random drives

Postby Silverwolf » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:44 pm

So short version, I need to clear my head and the best way to do it is to hit the open road. Good way to really run-in my 'new' Liberty TBSTI as well ;).

Posting this in here as I thought some of you folks might be interested - even just as a sharing the trek / photos as I go. Basic itinerary as well though, just in case anybody feels like joining me for one stretch or another. Additionally, open to route change suggestions on the way North, or suggestions on places to stop off for a break / bite to eat for anyone who's done these roads before;

Saturday, 23/04/2016 - Melbourne to Canberra via Jindabye - 9hrs, 760km - Roads I've done before, but a very solid run through the ranges;

Sunday, 24/04/2016 - Canberra to Sydney via Batmans Bay & Sea Cliff Bridge - 6hrs 30min, 440km - Haven't done the Kings HWY before, so figured it was worth checking out on my way through.

Monday, 25/04/2016 - Chilling in Sydney, catching up with old friends.

Tuesday, 26/04/2016 - Sydney to Newcastle via Putty - 4hrs 15min - Bit of a nostalgia run for me, used to do it when I had the time both in my old Liberties and on the motorbike (Before I totaled it!).

Wednesday, 27/04/2016 - Newcastle to Lismore via Thunderbolts Way & Oxley HWY - 10hrs, 800km - Thunderbolts Way I've done once, but it was being worked on fairly heavily at the time, and the Oxley I've never done, so should be fun!

Thursday, 28/04/2016 - Chilling in Lismore with some old friends.

Friday, 29/04/2016 - Lismore to Brisbane via Summerland Way - 3hrs, 240km - More new roads to explore!

Saturday, 30/04/2016 - Brisbane to Tea Gardens via Pacific HWY - 8hrs 20min, 720km - Home-ward trek and overnight stop at my folks place. Single most boring stretch of the roadtrip.

Sunday, 01/05/2016 - Tea Gardens to Melbourne via Hume HWY - 11hrs, 1,090km - Final run home, long basic run I've done back and forth a few times. Some semi-interesting stretches but nothing overly special.

I'll be grabbing GoPro footage of the more interesting sections, along with various pics etc, so will share some of that in here. If anybody does want to join me for any bits of this then throw me a PM and we'll work out the finer details.
Current: MY06 Liberty TBSTI #275
Prior: MY06 Liberty TBSTI #235
Prior: MY07 Liberty 2.5i
Prior: MY99 Liberty Heritage
Silverwolf

Car: MY06 Liberty TBSTI #275

Re: April 2016 - East Coast Trek - Another of my random driv

Postby mpoli » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:43 am

Thats a pretty big trip!
I wish I could go do something like this, preferably not in the Liberty thou.
Ideally I would need a diesel ute or 4wd since I would want to go offroad and try fossicking / prospecting.
I should have bought an older subaru even then I could use it offroad a bit.
mpoli

Car: 07 Liberty GT tbSTI

Return to Gatherings