EOI Big Aussie meet up

Organise a coffee meetup, cruise or any other event.

Postby sundayDriver » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:23 pm

cj,

anytime is good for me. just as long as there is lots of cruising and/or karting.

T.
sundayDriver

Postby Kevlar GT » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:15 am

The benefit of having it on a long weekend is that you get one extra day to drive to or from the event without having to take time off work (for those full time mon-fri). If you organise it and book ahead public hols are not an issue. Every 'national' GTRydaz meet has been on a long weekend - the Melbourne meet was over Easter and we had a track day and a whole stack of other stuff to do.

You have to base it on people needing a day to travel to the event, then a couple of days to 'do stuff' and then most people will also need a day to travel home - especially if it is Port Macq and you have people from Vic etc travelling up.

If you are keen it will work, we had people from qld go to the Melbourne meet, Tassie fella come up to the Canberra meet (as well as South aussies too).

Not sure wakeboarding holds much of an interest for me but the go karting def does. One Sydney meet we went to a karting place that had an 800m circuit with some reasonable karts and it was top fun.
Kevlar GT

Car: 04 GT Wagon

Postby Turtlez » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:40 am

Hey Guys,

Checked the calendar, september, october and november there is bugger all public holidays.

ACT has:
Labour Day: Mon 6 Oct
Fam & Com Day: Tues 4 Nov

NSW:
Labour day: mon 6 Oct.

So either of those weekends, I wont have trouble, can get one or two days off work.

that time of year sounds good. Have we figured on a place yet?, if not why not get a poll going then the most is were we have it.
Turtlez
-stickered-

Car: 08 Legacy Wagon

Postby Mano™ » Thu May 01, 2008 6:16 pm

hahaha sounds goods.. where is the location?

who em i racing tehre? i mean drivin with MUAHAHAHHA :lol: foster? hunter valley? coffs? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

im keen.. depends on dates tho.. but i'll have wheels on by then wwwwooooooosssaaaaaaaaaaaaa hahaha
Mano™
-stickered-

Car: MY06 Liberty GT

Postby Kevlar GT » Thu May 01, 2008 8:13 pm

I don't mind travelling as the road trip is half the fun (if not more so).

Port Mac sounds good. Later in the year sounds good too. :wink:
Kevlar GT

Car: 04 GT Wagon

Postby Turtlez » Fri May 02, 2008 11:37 am

Yeah I would say somewhere near Newcastle would be a good Idea.

I was thinking about this. Why not make an anual one if it works. then setup a list of places like, one year in sydney, next in ACT, then in Melb, then in Bris, and so on. That way each few years some people wont have to travel to far.

Might be a good idea. If it will work that is.
Turtlez
-stickered-

Car: 08 Legacy Wagon

Postby CJ1177 » Fri May 02, 2008 9:40 pm

I have been thinking, to be the most central to the majority of people. I feel the Batemans Bay area would be ideal,

PROS: :)
* Its a hell of a lot closer for the Victorians
* Only 2 hours from ACT
* slightly quicker for the Sydney people
* not much difference for those from Newcastle

CONS: :(
* ITS COLD compared to Port Macquarie or anywhere north of Sydney for that matter :lol:
* there probably (not confirmed) isn't as much to do as other areas, have to check on water sports & Go-Karting.

Id prefer to come up with a destination that the majority agrees on, so we can have a larger attendance.
So please give some ideas on where you would like to see us go, assuming the dates we come up with suit you.
I feel if we come up with a venue first that the majority agree on they will make more of an effort to come than if we do it the other way round...
MY05 GT Wagon, Atalantic Blue [Team Tein] [Club Two Zero]

CJ's Wagon Pics
CJ1177

Car: MY05 GT 5MT

Postby sundayDriver » Fri May 02, 2008 10:04 pm

Batemans bay is great idea. heaps of car clubs and bike clubs from ACT go to the bay on a regular basis. there's the clyde run, the brown mountain run and if you come from the north, kangaroo valley into nowra and down the highway to the bay.

Like Kev, i'm in it for the road trip. I'll drive to as far as brisbane, but not any further.
sundayDriver

Postby Mano™ » Sun May 04, 2008 6:17 pm

Turtlez wrote:Yeah I would say somewhere near Newcastle would be a good Idea.

I was thinking about this. Why not make an anual one if it works. then setup a list of places like, one year in sydney, next in ACT, then in Melb, then in Bris, and so on. That way each few years some people wont have to travel to far.

Might be a good idea. If it will work that is.

THe poor gt will get alot of km's :( lol!
Mano™
-stickered-

Postby Mano™ » Sun May 04, 2008 6:18 pm

[quote="cj1177"]
CONS: :(
* ITS COLD compared to Port Macquarie or anywhere north of Sydney for quote]

Cold = good for the turbooooooooooooooo lol

Hey there is a go kart track @ thornton or something? u know about that yet chriso??? cause it sounds good!! ment to have 250CC karts :O ment to be the fastest indoor karts in au apparently!
Mano™
-stickered-

Postby CJ1177 » Sun May 04, 2008 7:52 pm

LI81TY wrote:Hey there is a go kart track @ thornton or something? u know about that yet chriso??? cause it sounds good!! ment to have 250CC karts :O ment to be the fastest indoor karts in au apparently!

Yea i did hear that, it sounds the goods. im keen to go up & check it out RU up for it? & any one else from newy for that matter
MY05 GT Wagon, Atalantic Blue [Team Tein] [Club Two Zero]

CJ's Wagon Pics
CJ1177

Car: MY05 GT 5MT

Postby RX_MY02 » Mon May 05, 2008 5:00 pm

Yeah id be up to go and check out the new go-kart track.
When are we possibly planning on going up?
Daily Driver - Volvo S60 MY14 T6 R-Design, Red
Mods - Nil

Track Car - Subaru Liberty MY02 RX, Silver
Mods - Tein Suspension, GT Brakes, Whiteline Swaybars (F & R), Full Exhaust System
RX_MY02

Car: MY02 Silver RX

Postby Mano™ » Mon May 05, 2008 8:34 pm

No idea lol?? fair few me mates wanan go I think hahaha, maybe gotta find out prices and the name of it.. apparently they got a website, but it's still being updated :( lol ghey! :cry:
Mano™
-stickered-

Postby sundayDriver » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:24 pm

Watched Top Gear tonight - they went to Switzerland and Italy to find the best driving road.

We should do the meet up along the same lines. Or at least the cbr guys should do it as part of the road trip.
sundayDriver

Postby apg39 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:57 pm

Im all up for a meet, have to wait for me to get my car though!

Id say Batemans bay or Port Mac but warmer months would be better. Do they have any tracks or skid pans? I may be able to go to QLD or VIC depending when it is.

Best bet is to call around the Holiday parks & try book one out if we have the numbers, or just get a group discount then use that as a base for the events, dinner, piss ups, cruises etc. There's gotta be car related fun, sight seeing & drinkies.

I'd call it LibNats or LegoNats? Maybe CLAP '08 (Club Liberty Annual Piss-up 2008)
apg39

Previous

Return to Gatherings