SubiNats - June 2014 Wakefield Park Raceway

Organise a coffee meetup, cruise or any other event.

SubiNats - June 2014 Wakefield Park Raceway

Postby Rich_D » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:46 am

The Impreza WRX Club is excited to announce the inaugural 2014 Subaru Nationals - SubiNats!

On the June long weekend, 2014, Wakefield Park Raceway will become SubaruCity, as Super Sprinters, Show Cars and Subaru owners and enthusiasts from around the nation decend on Goulburn for what may become the largest gathering of Subaru enthusiasts in Australia.

WTAC legends Jason "The Cowboy" Wright in the Autotech STi, Nev Scott in his Car Mods Australia CG8 andJason Hart and the Ultimate Tunes GC8 will join 70 competitors from around the country, taking to the track in a battle for state pride and to be crowned Australia's fastest Subaru.

But the action won'tbe limited to the track!!

Forthose who prefer the more artistic side of car ownership, a Show'n'Shine will feature some of the best presented Subaru's from around the country.

And to ensure a great family weekend away, we'll have a range of social events, including a sight seeing tour, BBQ on Saturday evening, and cap the weekend off with a Presentation Dinner in Goulburn on Sunday night.

Planning is well under way, and interest is already building, with support from the Impreza WRX Club in Queensland, Victoria and Perth. Enthusiasts from clubs in Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide are already indicating their intention to participate and discuss their travel
plans. It's going to a huge weekend you wont want to miss!

To stay up to date with all the latest news and announcements, head over to the SubiNats Facebook page -www.facebook.com/SubiNats.Aus- and don't forget to "Like" and "Share" our page and tell your Subaru friends about SubiNats 2014!!

Cheers,

Rich
Last edited by Rich_D on Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rich_D

Car: Gen V Wagz

Re: SubiNats - June 2014 Wakefield Park Raceway

Postby coyote » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:52 am

Fakebook fail.

Please post details as I may take the Yaris.

** Team Tony **
coyote

Postby Rich_D » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:01 am

There'll be a website soon!
Rich_D

Postby mynameisdaniel » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:38 pm

I'm planning on attending, as are quite a large number of SA guys. Looks like I'll have to do the trip on 98 fuel though :(
mynameisdaniel

Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT tbSTi Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15835

Postby Rich_D » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:48 pm

Unfortunately the closest eflex is in Canberra and the closest United is supposed to be getting E85 is also in South Canberra.

I know there's a lot of Vic guys that run e85 - I'm not sure what they are doing.
Rich_D

Postby jakey » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:27 pm

I'd be keen to cruise up with some fellow Victorians -
-Jakey-UBARU
jakey

Car: UBARU - 2005 MY06 3.0R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15489

Postby blacktop™ » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:23 am

mynameisdaniel wrote:I'm planning on attending, as are quite a large number of SA guys. Looks like I'll have to do the trip on 98 fuel though :(

You'll get much better mileage on the road trip with 98.
blacktop™

Car: MY07 GT spec.B wagon 6MT

Postby Rich_D » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:42 am

Feel free to participate on the FB page guys and gals - we would all love to see pics of those sweet Libs!
Rich_D

Postby Stu » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:50 pm

Hey all, it looks like the show n' shine entries for SubiNats is now open. I've entered my black on black on black Lib and hoping you guys will too! (can't have all WRXes) :(
http://subinats.com.au/node/35

Anyhow here's the latest program for those interested:

Saturday - 7 June 2014*
07:00 - 15:45 Impreza WRX Club Driver Training
15:00 - 18:00 Scrutineering for Sunday Super Sprint
16:00 - 17:00 Track Familiarisation - Interstate competitors
18:00 - 21:00 Welcome BBQ

Sunday - 8 June 2014*
07:00 Gates Open, Wakefield Park Raceway
07:30 - 08:15 Scrutineering (cars to assemble post scrutineering on pit Straight)
08:00 Offlicials' Briefing
08:30 Drivers' Briefing
08:45 Photograph on Pit Straight
08:30 Show'n'Shine bump-in commences
09:00 Super Sprint Session 1 commences
09:30 Show'n'Shine bump in concludes - show commences
11:30 approx. Sponsor hot laps
17:00 Show'n'Shine concludes
16:45 approx. Sponsor hot laps (10 minutes)
17:00 Track Closed
18:30 Presentation Dinner @ Goulburn Workers Club

Monday - 9 June 2014*
9:30 Meet in Goulburn, location TBA
10:00 Depart Goulburn for cruise to Sydney (Blues Point) via Kangaroo Valley
12:30 approx. Lunch at Robertson Pie Shop
13:30 Continue cruise to Sydney (Blues Point)
15:30 approx. Arrive at Blues Point for photograph opportunity
I own a Liberty honest!

2008 Liberty GT tuned by STI #43 obs black sedan - 211Kw atw - WSID 13.136 @ 106mph 1.825 60ft - Wakefield 1:13.518
2005 Liberty 2.5i silver wagon - The daily "Beater" - a bit slower
Stu

Car: 2008 Lib GT STI #43, 2005 Lib 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13003

Postby Rich_D » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:14 pm

Awesome to see Stu!
Rich_D

Postby Rich_D » Fri May 09, 2014 5:46 pm

Hey all,

Foz's and Impreza's are beating you all on the entries..

Just sayin'
Rich_D

Postby Rich_D » Wed May 28, 2014 3:28 pm

The countdown is on, with less than 2 weeks til the 2014 V-Sport Invidia SubiNats, but there's still time to enter and take part in the action, or just come down to have a look - spectator entry is free!!

Saturday 7 June:

Impreza WRX Club Driver Training

After sign on and scrutineering the day will begin at 8:00am with lead trainer Phil Bunter guiding you around Wakefield Park with a track walk (weather permitting) and driver's briefing (bring coat and beanie - it WILL be cold - and remember no boring beanies!!). There will be demonstrations on the walk so everyone understands the morning exercises and the objectives for the day.

The morning session will consist of 4 exercises, with an instructor, designed to help participants:

1) gain a knowledge and understanding of basic car control, to become familiar and comfortable in situations possibly/previously not experienced and for those who have participated before to further improve skill levels and develop new ones.

2) learn the track section by section before you move to full laps in the afternoon.

After lunch you will learn more advanced techniques with a lesson on heel and toe - what it is, why you do it, how you do it, how to practice and teach yourself. Then you will put this into practice with an instructor for a 1 or 2 lap practical demonstration.

The afternoon is time to string it all together doing full laps with instructors in the car.

This is a driver training day, so speed will be limited to 110km/h. Overtaking in the afternoon sessions will be explained on the day, including blinker use, etc.

The day will end with a BBQ for Driver Training and SubiNats entrants for a chance to mix and mingle before competition kicks off in the Super Sprint on Sunday.

Check out the Supplementary Regulations at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4kuwF ... sp=sharing

Payment can be made on the Impreza WRX Club web site, then fill in the online entry form at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1AZDJK6 ... =send_form

Sunday 8 June:

Show'n'Shine

Show off your pride and joy while watching the on-track action in the SubiNats Show'n'Shine. You don't need to have a full on show car, and you may just pick up a prize!!

Super Sprint

From WTAC legends, Club Champions, right down to first timers, take to the track with 70 of your fellow enthusiasts. Limited places are still available in all classes, so checkout all the details on www.subinats.com.

Motorkhana Come and Try

You own a Subaru, right??! So try your hand at a grass motorkhana, and experience the Subaru AWD for what it was made - and its free! A CAMS L2NS licence is all you'll need to have a drive. But if you'd just like a small taste of what it's like, take the opportunity to go for a ride with one of our club Motorkhana legends.

Presentation Dinner

Relax after a hectic weekend and celebrate with the winners at the Goulburn Workers club from 6:30PM. Just $40 for a 3 course buffet meal, with drinks available from the private bar. Tickets available from the Impreza WRX Club website - http://www.wrx.org.au/?q=catalog/SubiNats

Monday 9 June:

Kangaroo Valley Cruise – Goulburn to Sydney

A relaxing drive through some of the best scenery in NSW, stopping at the famous Robertson Pie Shop for lunch, then on to Sydney and down to Blue's Point for a photo opportunity under the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

PM for more details, visit www.subinats.com or find us on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/SubiNats.Aus
Rich_D

Return to Gatherings