Subaru Dyno day - Canberra

Organise a coffee meetup, cruise or any other event.

Postby 04GT » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:51 am

Fo' shiz.. man i don't think i can mod anytime soon, me wisdoms have to go :(
- GAZ Automotive -
- HKS Panel Filter, STi Radiator Cap, STi strut brace -
04GT

Postby MY07GT » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:00 pm

Kevlar GT wrote:
MY07GT wrote:Happy dyno???

Phil.

That was on the Si (?) mode and we discovered it was the head of docklands old car so has probably been tweaked by Vinnie. As for happy Dyno, no, not really.

Ahhh Ok... I was only going off what stock GTB's pull on most dynos. Who would have known its been tweaked... please continue your conversation while i sit quietly. :oops:

Phil.
[TEAM FUNERAL]
[MY07GT]
club.liberty.asn.au
MY07GT

Postby Akwoo » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:23 pm

Phil.

nope, I reckon its very accurate dyno. I got about 150kw at wheels last year when I went on.
Tony picked a good car.
Akwoo

Postby MY07GT » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:57 pm

nextmod wrote:

Phil.

nope, I reckon its very accurate dyno. I got about 150kw at wheels last year when I went on.
Tony picked a good car.

Wait good car or a car that was tweaked?

Theres a difference. If its a stock factory GTB then figures shouldnt change from car to car.

Phil.
[TEAM FUNERAL]
[MY07GT]
club.liberty.asn.au
MY07GT

Postby Arith » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:42 pm

MY07GT wrote:If its a stock factory GTB then figures shouldnt change from car to car.

Heh-heh, you'd be surprised. :pardon: Unfortunately engines from the same assembly line don't produce the same power. In stock form, you'll sometimes find a variance of 5-10kw (and in some cases, even 15kw) between cars from the same model and year. :unsure:

So yeah, some people get lucky and pick up a stronger car than others (bad luck for me I ended up with a runt). :resent:

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby MY07GT » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:17 pm

Meh i still dont think it will be like 15kw.

It would be more understanding if other had different readings but from like the 3 - 4 thats been dyno'd stock, 130 was the mark. So 15 above that??? Thats what i got with a tbe.

Phil.
[TEAM FUNERAL]
[MY07GT]
club.liberty.asn.au
MY07GT

Postby UrbanGTB » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:47 pm

FYI, I bought this car second hand from Docklands Subaru, I have run it on two dyno's, a dyno dynamics at ESP and now the mainline dyno at Ultimate Tunes. There was only 1kw difference between the two. I have been told that the GTB in S# mode should do 135kw @ the wheels but mine does 145kw @ the wheels so the only explanation is it has a v-tune from Docklands. I was told the car was the Director of Subaru's car so its a good chance, I can't claim its completely stock because I am the second owner but I was sold the car being told it was bog stock.

Just for everyone's info it did 104kw in Intelligent, 133kw in Sport and 144.7kw in S#.
Tony
UrbanGTB

Postby MY07GT » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:34 pm

Sorry Tony, not trying to have a go or anything.

I just dont believe that its a stock GTB reading. After mentioned that it may have been V-tuned, i then put it together and it explained the large variance with other stock GTB readings. But then other people are saying same production cars may get "better" engines or good car choices... So yeah i just had to say something.

Now S & S#, i didnt know there was power differences? I thought it was all throttle response? Could this be due to the tune????

Phil.
[TEAM FUNERAL]
[MY07GT]
club.liberty.asn.au
MY07GT

Postby sundayDriver » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:17 pm

The good news we can get out of this is that Docklands can tune the GTB with SI drive and it looks like it can isolate the tune to just one of the settings.
sundayDriver

Postby Kevlar GT » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:34 pm

It's got to have been tuned or tweaked in some way. Too many people on the day were getting right at the mark of what was expected - except this little dark horse. Even the guys at Ultimate thought it was running some 'strange' figures for a 'stocker'. Urban GTB is just a lucky fella for having snapped this baby up.
Kevlar GT

Car: 04 GT Wagon

Previous

Return to Gatherings