REXPO 2008 Show & Shine

Organise a coffee meetup, cruise or any other event.

REXPO 2008 Show & Shine

Postby GTSPECB STI » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:40 am

I am placing this event on behalf of Toni who runs this event in Perth.

Ok Peoples this is a few months away still but planning has begun.

Details at the moment are as follows:

When: 13th April 2008
Where: Barbagallo Raceway (Wanneroo Raceway) @ The Autotrader Raceday. This is a day of local racing (with heaps of categories such as historic touring cars, modified street cars, sports sedans, etc) that is sponsored by Autotrader.
Time: gates open around 7am and close around 5pm. I am hoping that most cars will be there by 9am and stay for the remiander of the day.
Cost: Approx $30 per car (puts you in the running for an award, see below)

What else is happening:
During the day (in the past) we have been scheduled in for parade laps of the circuit. Given a large display, we will be looking for a few cars to take to the track and do a few laps (speed limited) and show off there beast to the crowd.
Wait, there's more...
We will also be looking at doing our record attempt for the most WRX's/ Performance Subaru's on this day.
And still more....
During the day, we will be juding your car, if you would like us to (included in your REXPO entry fee) which puts you in the running for trophies/prizes.
Trophies for:
Perth's Best Impreza WRX
Perth's Best STI (open to genuine STI vehicles only)
Perth's Best Liberty
Perth's Best Forrester
Perth's Best Sounding Subaru
REXPO 2008 Best Audio

and the big one
PERTH'S BEST SUBARU
previous winners have been SIR WRX and EXPLICIT

Yep, still more...
In the past, we have had a feature in Hot 4's Magazine and Autotrader Magazine so it is a good chanec to get your face/car in a magazine, plus with out Record Attempt, we will be looking at TV media etc.

The race-day normally attracts around 10,000 spectators and REXPO has had 120 car entries in the past years. I would like to see at least 200 cars there for the show and more for the record attempt.

Now, the big question is how much?
I am in the process of talks with some sponsors that have supported REXPO in the past to see what they would like to contribute to the day. If you own or work for a business that would like to support REXPO either financially or with prizes, please PM me and we can see what REXPO can offer you in return.

Please post up your interest in this thread, and let's make REXPO 2008 huge.
Can members of other forums (RS Lib, GT Rydaz, etc) please forward this onto their members, would love to see a big number of these other Subarus.

Toni
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-

Postby Mano™ » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:34 pm

Ive been the one in perth.. nice event to goto.. so people that want to go.. GO!

Good luck guys :)
Mano™
-stickered-

Car: MY06 Liberty GT

Return to Gatherings