new years cruise (QLD)

Organise a coffee meetup, cruise or any other event.

new years cruise (QLD)

Postby LIBER8ED » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:39 pm

ok trendsetters, after jarrods efforts at the start of the month, thought i might give this cruise planning caper a go. and give us all incentive to start the year off well..

im going to try and get everyone involved in this, and make it a little bit more central. so that way we can get the sunny coast boys down and bring the goldy boys up, and test the committment of those south of the border.
right so the plan is.... looking ball parkish mid to end of jan, 13th or 20th, so around a month away. but of course am open to suggestions. and looking at doing a tour out my way..

ok so plan is to start off about 10 mins west of ipswich, and head north, to fernvale, and work out way up to wivenhoe dam via esk, then head around the top of the dam, and back south east, via crossdale, bryen, down to mt glorious, then through to samford, then we can basically work it out from there,

northbound guys can head out to strathpine onto the motor way, and southbounders can head down through milton onto the western freeway.
Now again there will be a lunch and plenty of stops organised, take it easy and scope out the scenery and laugh at my exhaust..

either way guys, let me know what you think, and if i can work out how to post a pic of the map up i will..

or maybe even this link... hmm.. im guessing

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&hl=e ... &z=10&om=0

as usual, i will update this post with any new information and a list of whos keen.. pass the word around to those that may not be on here as much as your post whores.

cheers
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

Image[ImageImageImageImage
LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT

Postby Resonate » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:38 pm

I should be in depending on the date (i go overseas on the 18th). 8)
Resonate

Car: MY07 GT-B (Diamond Grey)

Postby LIBER8ED » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:42 pm

ok guys i have pulled my finger out, and im making sure this is going to work for us.
Again my apologies for the lack of organisation, but like i said, i wanted to make sure i actually had a car to use!.
Ok so charlie and i did the tour today, just went for a look around and sussed it all out, to make sure it would work for us, and i think its going to be a rip snorter... Plenty of twists and turns, tight ones as well as long sweepers..
Ill attach a copy of a map we stole from a cafe, but other than the last few creases i want to iron out, its all setting concrete.
SO as per the first post, we will still kick off from the BP servo, up past fernvale, head up wivenhoe-somerset road, past split yard creek, then up to cedar flats.
There is a BBQ area up there, where i will put my expertees to the test again, however we will need to BOO ( bring our own) barbie.. so if anyone can provide a sanitised, clean barbie for us to cook on, then that would be great, just let me know.
The BBQ's at cedar are all wood, checked them out today.
We will after lunch work out way up to Mt Glorious, very windy, very hilly, good fun.. Jarrod, plenty of leaves for your rooster tails , continue through mt glrious, down to westridge lookout, then through mt nebo, then down to jollys lookout.. big car park and plenty of pic oportunities for those who wish to do so.
After we leave there, its all downhill, into the enoggera reserve, down onto waterworks road. Along here is where the nth and sth bound guys will seperate. South bounders, (which i think most of us are, correct me if im wrong,) will continue along through the gap, then come out basically at the toowong cemetary, straight onto the great western, then on from there.
There is very little in the way of phone reception up there, so take radios if you have them, and spares if you have them too.. i know there are a few of us that dont have one let alone too.. help a brother out... And not much in the way of facilities, so be a smart move to top up before you go, and take nibblies with you, cookies, drinkies, etc.
Thanks a tonne to those that chipped in from the last barbie, due to the excessive generoisty from everyone that threw thier church money at me, this one is on me. Ill bring drinkies, and sorry frank, but the gourmet burgers will not be making an appearance this time either. If anyone wishes to cater for those of the non carneverous type, im happy to cook your tofo
ok i think i have covered everything, if anyone has any q's let me know. The map ive added should be pretty easy to follow, if not, take tom tom.. ha ha either that, or just follow the red line on the map.. easy..

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Postby Resonate » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:51 pm

Just to confirm for everyone that it's on the 20th Jan.

Unfortunately i cant make it as per above post but i hope you guys have an awesome time. :)
Resonate

Postby LIBER8ED » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:16 am

yeah mate 20th it is.. sorry but as much as i would love to keep everyone happy, and have everyone there, 20th was the general favourite.. next time for sure tho

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Postby Resonate » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:40 pm

All good mate. 8)

How bad has the weather been lately! Waxed my car 2 days ago and the very next day it pisses down just enough to get all the gunk from the road all over my sides again. :(
Resonate

Postby LIBER8ED » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:33 pm

mine has been wet longer than it has been dry.. i give up.. ha ha

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Postby LIBER8ED » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:11 pm

ok guys, home stretch now.

went for another drive today, mainly for s**ts and giggles, greame came along with my for the ride..

Just final thoughts on what we are looking at, sum it all up in a nutshell basically.

So we are meeting up at the BP, on the warrego highway, give or take, 10 mins up the highway, on the southern side. you will see a CALTEX, then the BP just after it. Meet up is for 10 am. And we will look at leaving around 1030.

The route is pretty well concrete, and it will work well for us.. However as per the usual cruise warnings, and sunday driver warnings, there are ALOT of bikes.. to the point that the warning signs are directed at them, telling them to slow down. So as per usual, if we see one, give him some room and let him do his thing, and there will be a few, in both directions..

Lunch will be at Cedar Flats, and will be a basic barbie.. Greame if i can persude him enough will bring a small barbie, and ill happily sit there and cook up the snags.

Ill bring everything so unless you want to cater for anything specific other than snags, then go nuts.

We will leave there and the next stop ( unless required ) will be Jollys look out.. Stop there have a stretch, chill out and scope out the pretty specky views.

Then southbounders, which as far as i know is still all of us, will head down to the gap, and out onto the highway.

In total, its just over 100kms.. if anything a tad under.

Again, bring spare radios if you have them, limited to nil signal up there.

Not much in the way of fuel outside of fernvale, right though to just out side the gap..

At the end of the day guys, i hope we all have fun, get out, meet some new faces, see if i can make a s**t fight of a cruise, and enjoy ourselves without incident. Go easy on me as this is my first "planned" cruise..

Any other q' giz a hoi, and any other suggestions, do the same.

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Postby MIB » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:10 pm

Hey Kurt, I've got to go to Perth on Sunday so unless something changes work wise I can't make it.

Glorious is a good road, just be careful of cutting corners as the bikes can appear veery quickly :wink:

Split yard creek is better from the Fernvale end than the Somerset end, fast sweepers.

Cops most likely on bikes or in unmarked SS utes and carry video gear, stationary traps will most likely be near Nebo village which is no problem if you're heading down Samford. Samford they hang out once it opens out at the bottom...

Hope this helps with the fun :twisted:
06 3RB
MIB

Postby LIBER8ED » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:48 pm

Cheers mate, would have been good if you could make it. was wondering how i could have gotten hold of you if you didnt read all this so i could let you know it was on.

thanks for the warnings, but ive no doubt that we will all take it easy and just enjoy it.

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Postby LIBER8ED » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:50 pm

last chance boys, anyone interested..??

looks like we have about 14 ish cars coming,

would be good to get some more asn guys there...

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Postby bass_ke » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:53 pm

Enjoy the cruise tommorrow lads!

Think of me as I'm rising for work at 0400!
2016-Present MY16 Outback Diesel Premium
2006-Present MY04 Impreza GX
2007-2016 MY04 Liberty GT Premium
2005-2007 MY00 Forester GT Luxo
bass_ke

Postby 05gtwagonman » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:35 pm

Hi guys, sorry I couldn't make it, I too was working and couldn't get out of it...
Can some one give us a quick report and maybe some photos!
It ws good that the rain pretty much stayed away I'm sure...
We should organize one for a sat then i'd be able to make it! or a public hol like this coming monday. There it might be.... Who wants to just simply meet up for a light beer on monday arvo around brisbane somewhere. Just a quick social gathering?
Whiteline rear sway, King lows, Custom quad tip muffs, Subi sport grill, HID's, Boost guage, JL slot port 12" off the standard mac, RB3l 18's ezeflash tune 150.9kw@4w 15psi 36degC...
05gtwagonman

Return to Gatherings