Wakefield Track Day?

Organise a coffee meetup, cruise or any other event.

Are you interested in a track day later this month?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:51 pm

Yes
50%
No
17%
Maybe
33%

Total votes : 6

Postby et » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:31 pm

On Sunday (29th) I am going for a cruise and will be meeting another forum member on the cnr of Garden and Powderworks roads. We can meet there if it works for you? It is only a short uphill run to get to Mona Vale rd from there. Say around 7:15AM?
I will send you a PM with my contact details.

Diferent people have diferent opinion of the various brands out there, I have not tried all of them so can't really comment. I simply started using vortex98, it seems to work fine so I just stick with it. Consistency y'see :wink:

BlackGT,
Can we get you to wait for us somewhere along the way so we do not have to get off M2/M7 - it will save us some time. I can call you when we are say 15-20 min away.

Cheers
et

Postby BlackGT » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:56 pm

et wrote:
BlackGT,
Can we get you to wait for us somewhere along the way so we do not have to get off M2/M7 - it will save us some time. I can call you when we are say 15-20 min away.

Cheers

No problem, it takes me 3 minutes to get onto the Orbital M7, just call when your on the M2 and that should easily give me enough time. I'll wait for you somewhere on M7 or drive slow till you catch up.
No longer Comin' through like a funeral all BLACK on BLACK
Now Comin' through like a polar bear at a funeral all WHITE on BLACK

435i Gran Coupé F36
19's, SuperSprint exhaust, BMR Custom Tune
Greater than 275kW's of fun

Used to have
2.0T Blackbeast with clutch

Cat Back Exhaust, CAI, ECUTek, Whiteline Swaybars Black 18's on Bridgestone RE050A's + DBA4000's & Hawk Performance Pads = >180kW of fun
With Dual Flywheel Exedy Clutch for that extra lift

Goodbye - 2011 Harley Davidson Iron 883 - Black on Black
BlackGT

Car: BMW 435i Gran Coupe

Postby jaspert » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:25 pm

et wrote:
jaspert wrote: I wonder what happened to the guy in the video. His name escapes my memory at the moment. He used to be active on MRT and libertygt. He posted that video and we had a chuckle about his wild fish tailing at Wakefield.

Do you know him?
I hear he was keen on trying those same fishtailin' stunts on some famous european circuit (the name of the place escapes me) but failed miserably aparently due to being provided with an inappropriate vehicle. Closer to the truth (IMHO) is that he failed because he is a crap driver :lol:
I think he may be in exile on some other forum these days, some obscure place where they discuss Dynaudio Audience 42 and other gizmos.
Some say he can be seen around the legacy gt forum asking unclemat for advice on STI pink rates and that he listens to Brother Louie while racin' 'round the track :bye:

:mrgreen: ROTFLOL! I heard it through the grapevine he's into some yellow tubes from Netherland of late. :wink:

I didn't realise it was you all along with your new abbreviated forum name.
jaspert

Previous

Return to Gatherings