Hello from MotorCulture on behalf of Subaru Australia

Official announcements from Subaru Australia

Hello from MotorCulture on behalf of Subaru Australia

Postby motorculture » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:08 pm

Welcome to the Subaru Australia sub-forum and it’s great to be a part of your community. We’re here as MotorCulture on behalf of Subaru Australia, but we also have exclusive access with the Subaru Team so feel free to ask questions and send us feedback which we’ll pass on to Subaru!

We’ll be posting a lot of the latest Subaru news here very soon, including their complete range of new generation vehicles and all about Subaru technology, so make sure you stay tuned.

A little about Subaru: Subaru released their first car over 60 years ago in 1954, and ever since then they’ve continued to evolve and grow from a car manufacturer to a company of people dedicated to building the best cars for you, the driver. Subaru develop and manufacture all kinds of vehicles from SUVs to sports cars, but they all have one thing in common: they’re awesome to drive. Overall Subaru concentrate on developing cars with high quality engineering, great safety features, good reliability and most of all a fun driving experience.

When most people think of Subaru they think of Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive system as well as their expertise in boxer engines; both of which Subaru are very proud of. They believe that the must-have feature for every car in the world should be great handling, and that’s why they’ve been refining these things for so many years.

Boxer engines have a lot of benefits over inline or even V-layout engines. Not only do they have great power output and environmental performance, but because the cylinders in the engine lay flat, the overall height of the engine and hence its centre of gravity is lowered. Also, because the engine is symmetrical about the centreline of the car, the car’s handling performance and stability is improved, especially when cornering or making quick direction changes.

There are also a lot of advantages of All-Wheel Drive systems. Compared to 2-Wheel Drive cars, AWD cars have up to twice the amount of grip to transmit the engine power and torque to the road surface, which results in more stable and reliable acceleration, in a straight line or while turning, and therefore better safety.

As well as Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive and boxer engines, there are also other technologies like Lineartronic® Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) and Dual Active Valve Control System (DAVCS), but we’ll get into detail about those later.

Throughout history Subaru have also made a few achievements along the way, including winning the World Rally Championship six times and the Australian Rally Championship ten times. They even sold the first new car model – the Subaru BRZ – exclusively online in Australia.

Want to learn more about Subaru? Visit: http://www.subaru.com.au/
motorculture

Re: Hello from MotorCulture on behalf of Subaru Australia

Postby LUVIT » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:12 pm

motorculture wrote:We’ll be posting a lot of the latest Subaru news here very soon, including their complete range of new generation vehicles

Any inside scoop on when the Levorg will be released here?

I was looking at getting the latest Outback 3.6L, but CVT is only option. Such a shame.
LUVIT

Car: 04 Blown 3R Outback Prem pack + F/Op
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24823

Postby dr20t » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:47 pm

Double post
Last edited by dr20t on Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Addicted to corn juice....

My FrankenStien build thread here: viewtopic.php?t=14137
dr20t

Car: 04 Liberty GT Auto
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=14137

Postby dr20t » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:55 pm

Welcome. I hope you find the site / club useful. This is indeed a great community as you rightly point out.

A serious bit of feedback from me if you will humour it - and it is well intentioned for the benefit of actual and would-be Subaru owners, as well as for the benefit of Subaru Australia for the sustainable future of the enterprise.

I believe the capabilities and level of knowledge of the majority of the Subaru brand (employees) in Aus is extremely poor. This covers a broad range from sales, service to technicians. They generally have little to no idea about the specifics of the vehicles they are dealing with apart from what is quoted on the pamphlet (and sometimes less than this).

More specifically, i am referring to their knowledge of the vehicle details, comparison to other similar class vehicles, mechanical / parts knowledge, and general technical aptitude and nouse around motor vehicles in general as well as specifv requirements to do with various subaru models.

This is inherent in the service standards, superficial discussions and lack of passion I have seen exhibited from all different levels of Subaru personnel.

I am of the firm view that an uplift in these capabilities will have a substantially positive impact on the overall brand and perception of the Subaru name in oz.

I do understand that its difficult to nurture and attract talent, and that the process of upskilling a workforce takes time. However there is an immediate need for this in my opinion, to curb and arrest the declining trend I am hearing of and seeing in the standards of Subaru representatives.

Just my humble feedback if you're serious about passing it on. More than happy to provide granular details if required to substantiate and demonstrate all my points.

Mick
Addicted to corn juice....

My FrankenStien build thread here: viewtopic.php?t=14137
dr20t

Car: 04 Liberty GT Auto
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=14137

Postby Boostaddict » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:34 am

Here Here Mick
Not a Subaru...... Something MUCH better

NOPE..... That's shit too. Bus anyone??
Boostaddict

Car: 07 LGT Tuned By Sti
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22537

Postby Manaz » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:12 pm

Amen to Mick's comment.

When the customer knows more about the car than the sales/support staff, that's always a bad sign. Even worse when the marque tries to market many of its cars to enthusiasts to start with.

There's also a good reason that dealerships get called stealerships, and why people go looking for not only cheaper pricing, but also better quality service (in terms of customer service and technical capability).
Manaz

Car: MY09 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22465

Postby tom_kauf » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:18 pm

It's funny how MotorCulture doesn't actually respond to any comments or questions (going back almost a month, so not even just recent stuff). So much for 'exclusive access with the Subaru Team so feel free to ask questions and send us feedback which we’ll pass on to Subaru!'
Looks like they do the minimum to fulfil their contractual obligations, and that's it (which is post ads for Subaru).

I genuinely mean it when I say I was more interested in the Russian Replica Watch salesman who posted on this forum (I do like watches), than I am about new non-turbo CVT Libertys. But the Russian guy was reported as spam. So what does that make MotorCulture?
[Stealth & Speed - Comfort & Practicality]: My 2008 MY09 GT SpecB Wagon - Manual 185,000km
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Car: 2008 Liberty GT SpecB Manual Wagon

Postby Manaz » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:25 am

tom_kauf wrote:It's funny how MotorCulture doesn't actually respond to any comments or questions (going back almost a month, so not even just recent stuff). So much for 'exclusive access with the Subaru Team so feel free to ask questions and send us feedback which we’ll pass on to Subaru!'
Looks like they do the minimum to fulfil their contractual obligations, and that's it (which is post ads for Subaru).

I genuinely mean it when I say I was more interested in the Russian Replica Watch salesman who posted on this forum (I do like watches), than I am about new non-turbo CVT Libertys. But the Russian guy was reported as spam. So what does that make MotorCulture?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing - this just seems to be "authorised targeted spam", not actually any sort of opportunity to interact with someone who can help us make/maintain contact with Subaru.

In that case, this forum is a waste of electrons and screen real estate, and may as well just be deleted. I can find all the marketing bumf I want by visiting the Subaru site or seeing ads online on other sites.
Manaz

Postby chris12 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:46 am

It improves their SEO, simple as that.
chris12

Car: VW Golf GTI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24279

Postby Manaz » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:35 am

chris12 wrote:It improves their SEO, simple as that.

I wouldn't mind that if they were giving something back to the community. But given the entirety of engagement back with us has been to say "suck it up, we're doing what we want, just shut up and can't we all just get along" along with a smileyface, I'd certainly be voting them off the island...
Manaz

Postby Flat6Estate » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:37 am

No dis-repect to MotorCulture, but I thought this Liberty forum was for...well....The Subaru Liberty

So far I'm seeing a lot of WRX and 1 BRZ post. And nothing Liberty

I feel the need to vent to Subaru Australia - if they are prepared to listen

We are a group of enthusiasts. I need a wagon for the type of work i do AND my family life.

My wife drives an SUV, I prefer the handling characteristics of a wagon. Less boat (sorry gen V/VI owners) more sporty - no longer available - Sedan or SUV only

I (and my insurance company) prefer 6 cylinder NA to Turbo 4 - no longer available

I love manual transmission - no longer available

so far my Gen4 3RB manual wagon is the last of its kind. The perfect balance between performance and fun,practical vehicle. I am planning to keep this until I die, as nothing else anywhere in the market place (from any manufacturer, for that matter) seems to even come close...
MY08 Spec B 3.0L Manual Wagon
1998 Yamaha YZF600R Thundercat - a bit broken :-o
Flat6Estate
formerly Timbo_rs2500

Car: 2007 MY08 Liberty Wagon 3RB 6spd
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=32189&p=425885#p425885

Postby motorculture » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:47 am

No disrespect felt!

It is, of course, for the Liberty. And we do have Liberty content coming, especially on the new 2016 model. But we're just sharing brand news and associated brand products in the meantime.

Cheers
motorculture

Postby McDoof » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:14 pm

It is a little sad that Subaru have abandoned an important market sector. The people that have the need/want for something practical AND sporty AND a bit upmarket.
The Gen 4 was going up against the BMW 3 series. The Gen 6 is going up against the Toyota Camry.
I know Subaru Australia don't have much influence over this, but it would be nice to know what happened.
McDoof

Car: MY05 3.0R SpecB 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26449

Postby TwistdInfinity » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:17 pm

I REALLY wish they would do an XV with the turbo motor. Why haven't they?!

The stock engine is so gutless but I really like the look of them. I would never personally get a wrx either.
TwistdInfinity

Car: MY07 Liberty Wagon Pearl White

Postby BillyCorgi » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:39 am

Speaking from the heart, and sad to say, there is nothing presently in the Subaru model line up that says "buy-me".
As a discretionary purchase, the brain is presently in control and is saying "hold on to your money".

Marketing 101.....
Q: When is a refrigerator not a refrigerator?
A: When the refrigerator in in Sydney and the customer is in Melbourne?

Subaru's Marketing Lesson 101.....
Q: When is a car not a car?
A: When you do not have a model the customer's want?

My present selection criteria is
Wagon
Manual 6MT preferably the 85mm STI gearbox
H6 or 4Turbo

So, an MY09 Liberty GT-B wagon is a more preferable purchase over any of the present Subarus.

How many years do we wait for the Gen7? Maybe Subaru will make the correction then?
Get your Short Shift Adaptor viewtopic.php?f=68&t=30525
Get your Gear Shift Rejuvenation Kit viewtopic.php?f=68&t=31240
Get your Centre Differential Rebuild viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31089
Want a custom built Brake Cylinder Stopper? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31321
Need to hire a Guard Rolling Machine? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31899
Get your BillyCorgi's "Not-4-Wimps" Chilli Sauce
BillyCorgi

Car: Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon E85 Flex Fuel
Profile URL: www.facebook.com/CorgiWerx

Next

Return to Subaru Australia forum by MotorCulture