TapTurn flasher - convenience signaling for Liberty

Re: TapTurn flasher - convenience signaling for Liberty

Postby OzSTi » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:40 pm

I've had a look under the dash of the Toyota. I have no idea where the flasher unit is. At least with the Liberty I can see the unit.

I won't worry about the Toyota but I would like to upgrade the flasher I have before installing it in the Liberty.

Are you ready to do the up-grades yet?

Michael.
Michael.
OzSTi

Car: '16 Mustang GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23470

Postby jakey » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:50 pm

2008 Kluger uses this one according to google
http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo ... asher/786/

Not sure if that's the right one
-Jakey-UBARU
jakey

Car: UBARU - 2005 MY06 3.0R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15489

Postby OzSTi » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:56 pm

Our's is a 2011 but it's likely to be the same as a 2008.

That's a different pin arrangement in that photo to the Liberty isn't it?
Michael.
OzSTi

Postby Brunsy3.0 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:55 pm

I only stumbled onto this thread the other day and I must say. Great idea, definately a niche market but it seems they're user friendly in design im contemplating the upgrade gotta check my financials and see if something like this will be possible. Few big things around at the minute
....THE WHITEWASH....
Brunsy3.0

Car: 07 3.0 Liberty Spec. B pearl white
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21059

Postby scottmcphee » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:09 am

OzSTi wrote:Our's is a 2011 but it's likely to be the same as a 2008.

That's a different pin arrangement in that photo to the Liberty isn't it?

Likely. If the 2011 uses same looking part as shown in Google search and the post above, it's the 8pin style we're after, it's a go.
Remember just turn on hazards and start zeroing in on the clicking sounds and go by touch. A snake cam or mirror can really handy for spotting in dash things from underneath. OE flasher will say Denso on it.
scottmcphee

Car: 2006 Legacy wagon 2.5i
Profile URL: http://www.autowindow.com/orderTAP.html

Postby scottmcphee » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:28 am

I put up a Black Friday offer for StrobePack.

Read about it here:
http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=24570
scottmcphee

Postby OzSTi » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:09 am

Finally got a chance to install the TapTurn unit.

Easy to put in, ..... once you've got the original out first!

I found once you've removed the under dash cover (leaving the multi-wire connector in place) you can see what you're doing through the fuse box aperture.

Anyway, all working as advertised and the strobe effect with hazards is neat.

Thanks Scott.
Michael.
OzSTi

Postby scottmcphee » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:29 pm

Cheers, enjoy!

Scott
scottmcphee

Postby m1kerobo » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:06 pm

Ooh this is sweet! I just bought some LED tails (Valenti's) and the previous owner forgot to take out the electronic flasher relay, so I'm looking for one.... with the extra's that Tap Turn has I'm very interested! Also interested in RRAP and autowindow mod. Is the new RRAP going ahead?
Could we do another group buy for tap turn or all of these?

Would you offer any kind of discount for buying them together?

Cheers
m1kerobo

Car: MY05 3.0R-B Wagon

Postby Brunsy3.0 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:26 pm

I'm also keen for a tapturn but not really in a rush and its a low priority mod but if a GB went up and discounts were had again id prolly throw my wallet at one
....THE WHITEWASH....
Brunsy3.0

Car: 07 3.0 Liberty Spec. B pearl white
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21059

Postby scottmcphee » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:17 pm

I'm in the process of experimenting for adding a couple new features to Tapturn and giving this forum an early glimpse and chance to get the features at no extra cost. These new things are in addition to everything Tapturn does today.

The new stuff is targeted for use while the car is parked:

Directional park lights - when the ign is off, move the signal stalk to left or right position and leave it there... And just the bulbs on that side of the car stay lit (constantly, not blinking). Move the stalk to center position to turn off the directional parking. This of course uses the signal bulbs, because that's what the flasher controls.

Arrival & Departure lighting - when the car is parked and ignition is off, using the car remote to lock or unlock the car turns on all signal bulbs around the car (constant, not blinking). Lights stay on for about a minute, or until you turn on ign, or use the hazard button, or use the signal stalk... Then they'd turn off immediately. Of course, you can adjust the timer in 12 second bumps up or down, and if you turn the timer down low enough... The feature is shut off. Adjustment is easy using just the signal stalk and key.

These features are bundled and work with the regular Tapturn and TapTurn with StrobePack option.

Not sure if what the pricing might turn out to be for this stuff, but yours at no extra cost over the Web Site prices for the regular stuff. Take your pick there and when ordering put "park pack" in the comments field asking about where you heard about the product. This is a limited offer and might disappear at any time.

Cheers!
Scott
scottmcphee

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:19 pm

scottmcphee wrote:I'm in the process of experimenting for adding a couple new features to Tapturn and giving this forum an early glimpse and chance to get the features at no extra cost. These new things are in addition to everything Tapturn does today.

The new stuff is targeted for use while the car is parked:

Directional park lights - when the ign is off, move the signal stalk to left or right position and leave it there... And just the bulbs on that side of the car stay lit (constantly, not blinking). Move the stalk to center position to turn off the directional parking. This of course uses the signal bulbs, because that's what the flasher controls.

Arrival & Departure lighting - when the car is parked and ignition is off, using the car remote to lock or unlock the car turns on all signal bulbs around the car (constant, not blinking). Lights stay on for about a minute, or until you turn on ign, or use the hazard button, or use the signal stalk... Then they'd turn off immediately. Of course, you can adjust the timer in 12 second bumps up or down, and if you turn the timer down low enough... The feature is shut off. Adjustment is easy using just the signal stalk and key.

These features are bundled and work with the regular Tapturn and TapTurn with StrobePack option.

Not sure if what the pricing might turn out to be for this stuff, but yours at no extra cost over the Web Site prices for the regular stuff. Take your pick there and when ordering put "park pack" in the comments field asking about where you heard about the product. This is a limited offer and might disappear at any time.

Cheers!
Scott

Cool features (which are stock on a Golf)! So, we could have an arrive home time of a minute for the blinkers? The park lights are great for narrow streets too.

I am very interested!
Team White GenV GT Manual Wagon with fluffy dice

Mods (in order): Blacked out E-tag, drift spec fluffy dice, BC BR coilovers, strobe comfort flasher, de-badged tailgate + new GT badge, Prova Si knob, Tommy Kaira front grill + Gt badge, Cusco Strut brace (front), Prova blue mirrors, SSW Phoenix 20" black Stance SC-7 20" black, Nitto 35 series tyres, HKS filter, DAMD rear wing, Valenti smoked tail lights, LED rear reflectors, Headlights and others by Leo (hks180), Cusco rear sway bar, Full Invidia Q300 TBE, AVO TMIC, Summit Racing rear strut brace, KiDo Tune, front Cusco swaybar, upgraded LCA bushes, Valenti smoked centre tail light
Build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22731
lump_a_charcoal

Car: 2013 Land Rover Defender 110

Postby scottmcphee » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:52 am

lump_a_charcoal wrote:
... So, we could have an arrive home time of a minute for the blinkers? ...

When you park the car, get out, and hit lock on the remote ... you get the remote confirmation flashes and then all signal bulbs (all four corners of the car, and dashboard indicators) light up solid, for about a minute.

Helps you walk around the car in the dark, as you get to a door or whatever.

Same goes for unlocking using the remote. Unlock a parked car, you get the confirmation flashes then all bulbs on for a minute, as you make your way to the car. They stay on until the minute times out, or you turn IGN key to "on" position, or you touch the signal stalk, or press the hazard button... All these things kill the timer early.

There's no darkness sensor added, it will do this day or night. But I find it's useful even during the day. Sometimes confirmation flashes happen when you're not looking or can't see them.. but the arrival / departure lights stay on for a minute which gives you a longer chance to view that the car got the remote locking command, coming or going.

You can decrease the minute down to about 24 seconds, then any more decrease will shut off the feature (for both locking and unlocking).

You can increase the timer up to ... lessee... about 25 minutes (bumping up in 12 second increments). That should be enough time for anybody staggering to their house a chance to find the door.

You can do a factory reset on TapTurn easily, which puts this timer back to a minute no matter where you last left it.

Scott
scottmcphee

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:30 am

You have me sold.
Can it be retrofitted to the tapturn I already have, and if so, how much to do two of them, mailed together?
Team White GenV GT Manual Wagon with fluffy dice

Mods (in order): Blacked out E-tag, drift spec fluffy dice, BC BR coilovers, strobe comfort flasher, de-badged tailgate + new GT badge, Prova Si knob, Tommy Kaira front grill + Gt badge, Cusco Strut brace (front), Prova blue mirrors, SSW Phoenix 20" black Stance SC-7 20" black, Nitto 35 series tyres, HKS filter, DAMD rear wing, Valenti smoked tail lights, LED rear reflectors, Headlights and others by Leo (hks180), Cusco rear sway bar, Full Invidia Q300 TBE, AVO TMIC, Summit Racing rear strut brace, KiDo Tune, front Cusco swaybar, upgraded LCA bushes, Valenti smoked centre tail light
Build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22731
lump_a_charcoal

Car: 2013 Land Rover Defender 110

Postby bigBADbenny » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:33 am

Ditto from Melbourne :)
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

PreviousNext

Return to TapTurn