TapTurn flasher - convenience signaling for Liberty

Re: TapTurn flasher - convenience signaling for Liberty

Postby paggaz » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:55 am

scottmcphee wrote:
scottmcphee wrote:I'll dream on these things... thanks for the suggestions.

I woke up from my dream and had this sitting in my garage! TapTurn with strobe effects added.

Have a look at this experiement on my Liberty....

Not sure if signals like this are legal? A quick double blink for Tapturn and regular signaling.

Here is wag-wag in strobe effect, these blink two times per side.

And a slow motion wigwag (aka the easter egg mode) rendered in strobes, these blink 4 times per side.

OMG. I don't even care about the legalities...wag-wag in strobe effect is probably the coolest thing I've ever seen!! :D :D :D
paggaz

Car: 2007 GT Spec.B Wagon Silver
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17423#p241526

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:07 am

That looks awesome!
Team White GenV GT Manual Wagon with fluffy dice

Mods (in order): Blacked out E-tag, drift spec fluffy dice, BC BR coilovers, strobe comfort flasher, de-badged tailgate + new GT badge, Prova Si knob, Tommy Kaira front grill + Gt badge, Cusco Strut brace (front), Prova blue mirrors, SSW Phoenix 20" black Stance SC-7 20" black, Nitto 35 series tyres, HKS filter, DAMD rear wing, Valenti smoked tail lights, LED rear reflectors, Headlights and others by Leo (hks180), Cusco rear sway bar, Full Invidia Q300 TBE, AVO TMIC, Summit Racing rear strut brace, KiDo Tune, front Cusco swaybar, upgraded LCA bushes, Valenti smoked centre tail light
Build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22731
lump_a_charcoal

Car: 2013 Land Rover Defender 110

Postby tony_m » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:59 am

Love it. I have to admit when I introduced Scott to the forum I wasn't completely sold on the wig-wag, but after seeing it, and having it on my car (although I never have an opportunity to use it!) I get it! Extra features ftw. Also amazes me how electrically-orientated minds can design, produce and fine tune (update!) custom units like this. Having no knowledge of this area.. Witchcraft!

These updates look awesome!
tony_m

Car: 2008 Heritage Luxury Edition
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23965

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:05 am

Random strobing next please!

Mods (in order): Blacked out E-tag, drift spec fluffy dice, BC BR coilovers, strobe comfort flasher, de-badged tailgate + new GT badge, Prova Si knob, Tommy Kaira front grill + Gt badge, Cusco Strut brace (front), Prova blue mirrors, SSW Phoenix 20" black Stance SC-7 20" black, Nitto 35 series tyres, HKS filter, DAMD rear wing, Valenti smoked tail lights, LED rear reflectors, Headlights and others by Leo (hks180), Cusco rear sway bar, Full Invidia Q300 TBE, AVO TMIC, Summit Racing rear strut brace, KiDo Tune, front Cusco swaybar, upgraded LCA bushes, Valenti smoked centre tail light
lump_a_charcoal

Postby scottmcphee » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:50 am

What the hell would random strobing be like? Pls explain.
scottmcphee

Car: 2006 Legacy wagon 2.5i
Profile URL: http://www.autowindow.com/orderTAP.html

Postby scottmcphee » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:58 am

My strobing unit has four modes to select from:
0. Strobe never. This is standard tapturn as you know it.
1. Strobe Hazards only when IGN OFF. This includes modifier modes: wigwag slowmo and easter egg.
2. Strobe Hazards always. IGN on or off. Modifiers too.
3. Strobe Signals and Hazards always. Basically any time any signal bulbs goes on it is strobed.

You change the mode when you're parked and it stays that way until you change it again.
scottmcphee

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:52 pm

scottmcphee wrote:What the hell would random strobing be like? Pls explain.

Any indicator flashing at any time, in no particular sequence. You cannot fire indicators separately though, can you - It is either left bank or right bank, or both, so randomness wouldn't work. :(

How much for your strobe unit?

lump_a_charcoal

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:52 pm

lump_a_charcoal wrote:

Any indicator flashing at any time, in no particular sequence. You cannot fire indicators separately though, can you - It is either left bank or right bank, or both, so randomness wouldn't work. :(

How much for your strobe unit? Group buy again?

lump_a_charcoal

Postby scottmcphee » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:33 am

lump_a_charcoal wrote:

How much for your strobe unit?

Right, it has to be left bank / right bank... way cars are wired is limited to this.

Over in the group buy thread I started in the summer
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=23278&start=135
I'm offering upgrades for AUD$38 for Tapturn's already purchased by those customers to send them in, get refurbished with strobes, and sent back to them.

I haven't announced a stand-alone new purchase price for Tapturn pre-equipped with StrobePack chip added.
Let's talk...
scottmcphee

Postby scottmcphee » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:44 pm

Wigwag was nice to have for Halloween driving the kids around ... A conversation starter too!

Scott
scottmcphee

Postby OzSTi » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:39 am

So does this mean my TapTurn that arrived yesterday in the post is obsolete? :shock:

:D

Should I be sending it back for the up-grade before I try to install it?

I've had a look though the fuse box 'door' and spotted the flasher unit. It looks pretty tight to get to. How did you other guys change this unit over so easily?
Michael.
OzSTi

Car: '16 Mustang GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23470

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:52 am

OzSTi wrote:So does this mean my TapTurn that arrived yesterday in the post is obsolete? :shock:

I've had a look though the fuse box 'door' and spotted the flasher unit. It looks pretty tight to get to. How did you other guys change this unit over so easily?

It wasn't easy for me, had to remove a few panels to do it.
Return yours now for an upgrade if it anything like the GenV to replace.

lump_a_charcoal

Postby scottmcphee » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:53 am

OzSTi wrote:So does this mean my TapTurn that arrived yesterday in the post is obsolete? :shock:

It's not obsolete, I continue to sell tapturn just the way you got it at the price paid for forseeable future.

I'm not even advertising the strobepack yet, really.. and when I do it will cost more than what you paid for what you have now. I've given this forum advance notice and an offer to upgrade to strobes but really, only if you need / want / must have the strobe effects...

You'll be able to upgrade it at any time in the future too, because the technology to do that is developed and simple for me to do. I'll make you that promise now.

Cheers
Scott
scottmcphee

Postby OzSTi » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:35 pm

Sorry Scott, that post was somewhat tongue in cheek. I understand you're only just developing the strobe option now.

I think what I was really asking (myself) was; should I avoid the hassle of installing the current unit as I really like the idea of the strobe effect. Sounds like it would make the wig-wag particularly spectacular.

Would the unit I have fit my wife's Toyota Kluger (Highlander)?

Can you see what I'm thinking...

Cheers,

Michael.
Michael.
OzSTi

Car: '16 Mustang GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23470

Postby scottmcphee » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:17 am

Take a look at the flasher in the Toyota, if it's the same 8pin style ... It will work. Give it a try! Let me know.

Scott
scottmcphee

PreviousNext

Return to TapTurn