TapTurn flasher - convenience signaling for Liberty

Re: TapTurn flasher - convenience signaling for Liberty

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:04 am

If it makes it easier, I can collect and mail multiple units.
Team White GenV GT Manual Wagon with fluffy dice

Mods (in order): Blacked out E-tag, drift spec fluffy dice, BC BR coilovers, strobe comfort flasher, de-badged tailgate + new GT badge, Prova Si knob, Tommy Kaira front grill + Gt badge, Cusco Strut brace (front), Prova blue mirrors, SSW Phoenix 20" black Stance SC-7 20" black, Nitto 35 series tyres, HKS filter, DAMD rear wing, Valenti smoked tail lights, LED rear reflectors, Headlights and others by Leo (hks180), Cusco rear sway bar, Full Invidia Q300 TBE, AVO TMIC, Summit Racing rear strut brace, KiDo Tune, front Cusco swaybar, upgraded LCA bushes, Valenti smoked centre tail light
Build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22731
lump_a_charcoal

Car: 2013 Land Rover Defender 110

Postby bigBADbenny » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:14 am

I'll get to and remove mine as I'm still on incandescents.

I have a spare LED compatible flasher if anyone needs whilst they're upgrading too. ;)
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby d-chang » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:23 pm

Hi Scott,

How much is your standard module for Tapturn again? Its been a while since I bought mine

I've used Tapturn in both my Libertys and it's awesome! Buying for a friends this time! I've even done the signal/parker swap, and Tapturn solves the problem of hyperflash!
Below car has been gone for quite some time now... blew bottom end bearing and dealership screwed me! Now driving 2008 WRX with ~65k kms on the clock. Only has cat back exhaust and tune by KiDo at the moment! More to come... but slowly!

Purchased recently (12/11/2013), already with: Stage 2 Pedders lowered springs, rear Whiteline sway bar, Advan Racing TCII 18x8 wheels, k&N pod filter, custom 3" exhaust system from turbo back with Magnaflow mufflers. ECUTEK tune of some sort (hopefully soon to be fixed)..... now FIXED!! Now KiDo Tuned!
Added: HID kit, EZ lip equivalents to the front and sides, and various LED treatments, oem boot spoiler, [LGT WRC] plates, GFB Respons BOV for extra Pssscchhh! --> Gone... I couldn't afford it's heart transplant... but keep a look out, as it will come back on sale soon!
d-chang
-stickered-

Car: MY05 Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15749

Postby scottmcphee » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:07 pm

d-chang wrote:Hi Scott,

How much is your standard module for Tapturn again? Its been a while since I bought mine

I've used Tapturn in both my Libertys and it's awesome! Buying for a friends this time! I've even done the signal/parker swap, and Tapturn solves the problem of hyperflash!

Good to hear!!

yours at no extra cost over the Web Site prices for the regular stuff. Take your pick there and when ordering put "park pack" in the comments field asking about where you heard about the product. This is a limited offer and might disappear at any time

http://www.autowindow.com/orderTAP.html
scottmcphee

Car: 2006 Legacy wagon 2.5i
Profile URL: http://www.autowindow.com/orderTAP.html

Postby scottmcphee » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:10 pm

Sadly the hardware inside has gotten too different from the units sold during the group buy here, so those are not software upgradeable for these new features. You'd have to gift those existing units to subaru friends without any tapturn and get all the new goodies for yourself with a new unit.
scottmcphee

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:11 pm

Last edited by lump_a_charcoal on Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team White GenV GT Manual Wagon with fluffy dice

Mods (in order): Blacked out E-tag, drift spec fluffy dice, BC BR coilovers, strobe comfort flasher, de-badged tailgate + new GT badge, Prova Si knob, Tommy Kaira front grill + Gt badge, Cusco Strut brace (front), Prova blue mirrors, SSW Phoenix 20" black Stance SC-7 20" black, Nitto 35 series tyres, HKS filter, DAMD rear wing, Valenti smoked tail lights, LED rear reflectors, Headlights and others by Leo (hks180), Cusco rear sway bar, Full Invidia Q300 TBE, AVO TMIC, Summit Racing rear strut brace, KiDo Tune, front Cusco swaybar, upgraded LCA bushes, Valenti smoked centre tail light
Build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22731
lump_a_charcoal

Car: 2013 Land Rover Defender 110

Postby bigBADbenny » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:18 pm

So for group buy bought Tap Turns:

Strobe Pack is an upgrade option: send it in.
Park Pack is not an upgrade option: you must purchase a new TapTurn.

Correct?
bigBADbenny

Postby scottmcphee » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:24 am

You know, I hate that I can't offer a perpetual upgrade path...it's because there's hardware involved and I like to freshen designs that sometimes call into play new physical designs. If it were only software, I would always say "sure! I don't mind reflashing the program and sending it back to you" at a reasonable cost just to cover my time/labour doing that. But hardware complicates this. Some features only run on newer hardware, so having your old unit come back is of no value to me... I'd have to bin it and send out a whole new unit. That's not a sustainable business model. Plus, there's nothing wrong with the unit in the first place so it's a waste!

This results in "some are" yet "others aren't" upgradeable stories, and it really depends on the platform and point in time of purchase. I don't track versions and shipments to the level of detail that allow me to make certain statements about the upgradeability of a particular unit - without inspecting it first. All this sounds like a cop out..

I feel bad as I know I've made promises about upgradeability in the past to this group! I'd like to honor that with at least with some compromise offer I can make that meets-in-the-middle.

Here's what I'm going to do for previous groupbuy customers who are too teased about not having new features that have only come out since you bought, and can't resist. Here's what you can do:

1. Keep your existing unit, I don't need it back. Run it until your new unit arrives. Then sell it to friend, it still does nice stuff and will continue to do that for someone else.
2. Buy the minimal unit available on my web site, just the plain "TapTurn" for $79, choose world shipping.
3. Provide the coupon code "TEA TREE" in the field that asks about 'where did you hear about TapTurn?" at the time you place the order.
4. PM me on this forum with the PayPal transaction ID, and if the screen name in that PM matches a name on the original groupbuy list who purchased end of summer '13... then good things happen:
5. Instead of shipping you the plain unit, I'll ship a brand new TapTurn with StrobePack plus all the new parking light features I've just mentioned that are part of the "park pack".
6. If I don't detect the match (weren't part of the original group buy) I'm going to PM you back and say so... but I'd still be glad to send you a brand new TapTurn (minus the strobepack) but with all the new parking light features I've just mentioned in this thread for what you just paid. If you want the strobepack, buy that unit off my web site instead, but still use the coupon code and I'll add all the new parking light features at no extra cost.

I don't need to see more posts or start another thread about this.
If you want the deal, just do it and take the offer.. won't be getting better than this.

I'd like to think you're receiving a really good value overall: got a really good deal on the initial group buy, got good use out of TapTurn for all this time, and are now getting the best price on the latest possible technology and features that I offer!

Cheers
Scott
scottmcphee

Postby bigBADbenny » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:55 pm

Thanks HUA :)
bigBADbenny

Postby clippy » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:43 pm

Any chance on a 2014 strobe pack group buy?

:D
clippy

Car: Liberty Spec.B 3.0R

Postby BlackSTI » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:01 am

TapTurn arrived and is now installed!

Wiggle Wiggle:

Slow Strobe:

Standard Strobe:

Arrival / Departure Lighting (Looks like as standard it stays lit for about 50 seconds):

Very nice product in the 5 minutes I played with it!

Excited to play around with the other things it does :D
Team Funeral.
Black 07 Tuned by Sti Sedan.
BlackSTI

Car: Subaru Liberty MY07 STI #7
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=23595

Postby d-chang » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:32 am

I really like the last option... but i think the one I got is one of your original units, and it doesn't have the upgrade...

It's a cool feature to have I guess... but the struggle I went through to get the original relay out was a mission!
Below car has been gone for quite some time now... blew bottom end bearing and dealership screwed me! Now driving 2008 WRX with ~65k kms on the clock. Only has cat back exhaust and tune by KiDo at the moment! More to come... but slowly!

Purchased recently (12/11/2013), already with: Stage 2 Pedders lowered springs, rear Whiteline sway bar, Advan Racing TCII 18x8 wheels, k&N pod filter, custom 3" exhaust system from turbo back with Magnaflow mufflers. ECUTEK tune of some sort (hopefully soon to be fixed)..... now FIXED!! Now KiDo Tuned!
Added: HID kit, EZ lip equivalents to the front and sides, and various LED treatments, oem boot spoiler, [LGT WRC] plates, GFB Respons BOV for extra Pssscchhh! --> Gone... I couldn't afford it's heart transplant... but keep a look out, as it will come back on sale soon!
d-chang
-stickered-

Car: MY05 Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15749

Postby BE4ORE » Tue May 20, 2014 11:31 am

Guys,

Would this fit a 2002 Liberty B4?

Im planning on installing LED's all around the car but don't want to cut and ad any wires... this seems like the best option.
everything is better in two's :D
BE4ORE

Car: Liberty B4

Postby BE4ORE » Tue May 20, 2014 2:08 pm

Also, anyone want to sell their old one if they're getting the new model???

Please PM me :)
everything is better in two's :D
BE4ORE

Car: Liberty B4

Postby Crampy » Wed May 09, 2018 9:11 pm

Since the car list has been at 2004+ for the last four years at least (since this thread was last active), I'm assuming there's no chance of backwards compatibility for >2002 MY Libertys from the Plug 'n' Play modules.

However, the "Custom" pack is still available on the TapTurn site, so I daresay it will be a matter of biting the bullet and cutting/splicing. Will make for a fun weekend project though :D
--
Adam Cramp
North Brisneyland
Crampy

Car: 2023 Kia Rio
Profile URL: https://www.facebook.com/adam.cramp1

Previous

Return to TapTurn