GT SPEC B ???? 3.0 ltr spec b soon

Introduce yourself

GT SPEC B ???? 3.0 ltr spec b soon

Postby senator » Wed May 02, 2007 11:04 pm

Hi Guys
been a long time guest on the site and this is the first post.

I have been in the market for a new car for the last 6 months and after comparing the soobi gt spec b to audi a4 2.0t......i think i can't go past the gt spec b.
I have had the chance to drive both gt spec b and 3.0lt spec b and still can't decide on which one, so i am asking you guys which car will prove to be better in the long run (next 4 years)?

Also wondering how long it took you guys to take delievery of your cars and what options to get???

I am looking at Urban gray, tow bar and coolers and after seeing pics of sleepergt i want that sti lip and i think phat gt will be the man to speak too.

Also if there a any dealers on the forum could you please pm details on leasing options

thanks in advance

Tony
senator

Postby brendans225 » Wed May 02, 2007 11:15 pm

hi mate,

welcome to the site :D

where abouts you located? that might give a better idea of what dealers people should recommend :wink:

you'll probably notice that most people here have the GT's - my bro has an urban grey 3ltr RB which i now drive :D .....as seen here

http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?t=707&start=0

goodluck :D

Cheers,
Brendan
brendans225

Postby MIB » Thu May 03, 2007 1:14 pm

Hey Tony.
Welcome. I've got a 3.0RB and love it... If you want to be able to mod it to get more power, go the GT, if you want a silky flat six, go the 3.0. The 3.0 can be a bit thirsty, but then so can the turbo so there's no real difference there, it really comes down to whether you want a turbo or not... That's not much help I know but they are identical bar the engine...

Scott
06 3RB
MIB

Postby XRC15T » Thu May 03, 2007 6:54 pm

A4 was one of the cars on my shortlist when I was shopping, but for what you get bang for buck, Liberty wins.
XRC15T

Postby senator » Thu May 03, 2007 9:33 pm

GEEZ wish i had a bro with car like that brendan, i am located around liverpool.

As for MIB did you have any dramas with oil consumption, cause i remember reading about some one on here i think it was ric who hand to get a short engine swap, did you find that you car was not so thirsty after you cloocked up enough k's for the engine to loosen up.

XRC15T, i love the audi too but as you said the standard equipement with soobi really does win it over and of course the numbers for engine performance

thanks for the in sight guys
senator

Postby MIB » Thu May 03, 2007 10:15 pm

Don't forget the depreciation of the Audi v the Sube...

I am experiencing some oil consumption issues, I'm certainly on the watch list and next week we should know if I get a short block too. The problem engines seem to be from 'spirited drivers' from what I've heard from my dealer. The hatching in the cylinder is apparently the cause, new short blocks have revised hatching... Subaru have been really good about it and so far I am still 100% happy with the car. I would like more grunt though so wish the GT Spec B had been available when I got mine last year as you can easily get more grunt from that motor. The 3.0 is a different story...
06 3RB
MIB

Postby senator » Thu May 03, 2007 10:24 pm

i forgot about that good old resale or lack of

Does this also occur with gt engine???
senator

Postby viriix » Thu May 03, 2007 11:32 pm

XRC15T wrote:A4 was one of the cars on my shortlist when I was shopping, but for what you get bang for buck, Liberty wins.

Yeah i looked at the Audi A4 2T Quattro as well..

bang for your buck after all the options eg xenon, sunroof and more.. it wasn't worth it.. best price i could get was 72K OTR.. damn..

Happy with my subie tho xD
Current: MY12 Tornado Red VW Golf GTI
Past: MY07 Pearl White Subaru Liberty GT-B | MY04 Arctic Blue Honda Accord Euro-L | MY2K Salsa Red Dodge Neon
viriix

Postby brendans225 » Fri May 04, 2007 12:00 am

senator wrote:GEEZ wish i had a bro with car like that brendan, i am located around liverpool.

hahaha, been driving it to uni the last two days too and have delegated it outside while my car goes in the garage for some much needed detailing :lol:

we used SVM when the bro got his car - dunno if you will find travelling from Liverpool to be a major hassle though :(

goodluck :D

Cheers,
Brendan
brendans225

Postby MIB » Fri May 04, 2007 6:49 am

All the Euro's are up round the 80k range by the time you spec them to all the fruit in the Sube. Mate of mine got a 70k Audi 1.8T with everything, 3 years old for 34k... I'd love to dump that much on a car!!!!

I don't think the 2.5 has oil issues, certainly not to thie extent the 3.0 does.

Scott
06 3RB
MIB

Postby senator » Sat May 05, 2007 9:25 pm

My other question is have you guys driven or heard anything about how the sportshift is too drive???

This is another issue, not really wanting to get the manual as most of my driving is usually in peak hours sydney trafffic, and changing cogs is a pain.

I have also heard SVM a one of the better dealership to go too, as for driving there i don't think this will be a drama you guys recommend any one there?

BTW this is the main reason why i am considering a soobi, i had a close encounter with a bit of black ice the other day driving on bells line of road, wasn't fun at all but lucky enough i got away with a few extra grey hairs. bring on the all wheel drive...........soon i hope

cheers again guys
senator

Postby brendans225 » Sat May 05, 2007 10:22 pm

senator wrote:My other question is have you guys driven or heard anything about how the sportshift is too drive???

This is another issue, not really wanting to get the manual as most of my driving is usually in peak hours sydney trafffic, and changing cogs is a pain.

I have also heard SVM a one of the better dealership to go too, as for driving there i don't think this will be a drama you guys recommend any one there?

BTW this is the main reason why i am considering a soobi, i had a close encounter with a bit of black ice the other day driving on bells line of road, wasn't fun at all but lucky enough i got away with a few extra grey hairs. bring on the all wheel drive...........soon i hope

cheers again guys

I was driving a bit today using sportshift - its ok, but a bit slow - i find shifting with the stick (opposed to the paddles) to be a bit quicker, dunno why this is or anyone else has noticed the same....

when my bro went to SVM we saw David Forsyth - easy to deal with :)

so have u decided what car u gonna go for yet? or you gonna buy both :D .... :lol:

goodluck :)

Cheers,
Brendan
brendans225

Postby senator » Sun May 06, 2007 8:26 pm

I am swinging towards the gt at this time but yet to find out details about insurance cause i am sure this will determine alot of things, also have to wait till tax time too.
In the mean time more close encounters with a black ice in rwd drive car with a little toooo much power......lol

Thats interesting that there is a delay with the paddles, did you find the shifts to be smooth??? also does the si drive setting increase the shift speed???

Might need to have another test drive, this time in the sportshift...........mmmmmmmmmmmm can't wait

BTW nice car mate had some fun in 225 not long ago
senator

Postby redrobin » Sun May 06, 2007 10:12 pm

Hey Senator,

My wife has a 3.0R Spec B that is about 18mths old and she loves it. I drive it quite often and it is a great car. I had a MY 06 Liberty GT Tuned by STi from the first edition of these and I loved it. I suspect from my experience that you would find the current GT Spec B would be a more involving drive than the 3.0RB.

I wonder though, as you have compared the GT with an Audi, have you looked at the new MY 07 Liberty GT Spec B Tuned by STi special edition ? Not all dealers have them and there isn't many left, but if you are prepared to pay a bit more than the standard Spec B, the GT by STi may be just the car for you.

If you don't know what i'm talking about, go to http://www.subaru.com.au/quicklinks/cur ... unedbysti/

I have one on order (delivery next week) and I know that there is at least one other manual left someplace in Sydney, as I use www.privatefleet.com.au to source my new cars and they had two dealers respond to their tender request last week when I ordered my car through them (they had lots of responses from dealers who said they couldn't supply or had sold out of their allocation, so there can't be many left).

Also, are you a HSV owner ? (Senator = HSV Senator ???) I have a VE GTS as my daily drive and I actually think that the GT Tuned by STi is quicker. I'm not selling the GTS though, as the Liberty is going to be my special occasion and weekend toy.

Hope this helps
2007 Liberty tuned by STi
redrobin

Postby stuntgirl » Mon May 07, 2007 10:03 am

if you need a hand purchasing then i would be hapy to help.

8)
YOU WOULD BE COOLER IF YOU WERE ME!
stuntgirl

Next

Return to Introductions