6MT 3.0R Outback Saying Hi

Introduce yourself

6MT 3.0R Outback Saying Hi

Postby Noodlemon » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:12 am

G'day lads,

Just saying hi, I'm new to this forum but have been modding my outback for the past year.
My name's Max, I'm located in Vic's South East, I drive a 2004 3.0R Outback that most recently auto swapped for the 6MT from a 2004 Lib Wagon.

Mods:
    AVO Cat Back Exhaust
    AVO Rear Swaybar + Endlinks + Bushes
    AVO Rear Stabilization Braces.
    AVO Cold Air Intake
    AVO Throttle Controller
    Silvers Neomax S Coilovers
    Mars Rear Smoked Taillights
    6MT + ECU + Loom
    JDM Facia with Sony XAV-AX5000 + Some Kenwoods in the front with Sony's in the back + A 4 channel kicker amp.
    I swapped my original cream interior for the black spec b, seats, panels, and carpet.
    I also took the engine from the donor 6MT car because my OG one had its headgaskets blown.

That's all I can remember I've done off the top of my head. I'm planning on doing head gaskets very soon on my OG motor as the donor one also has a slow leak. After that I'm going to do a big brake upgrade, get some headers done, E85 and a tune. In the later half of this year I'd like to have a Turbo setup fabricated, its just a matter of time and what I get done on the engine.

I work in IT and am studying at the moment too. I was born in '01 and like doing anything with cars, and/or messing with computers or electronics. This is my first car.

I hope this gives you guys a good overview of me and my car. I'm keen to get involved in the forums and go to some meets. If you have any questions, ask away!
Noodlemon

Car: 2004 3.0R 6MT Outback

Re: 6MT 3.0R Outback Saying Hi

Postby nvmylh » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:56 am

Nice work mate! How far south east are you? I'm in Bayswater-Boronia-Ferntree Gully area..

What did you do for the rear auto to manual crossmember mount? Cut and weld etc?

Welcome to the "planning on doing a turbo h6" club!

There's my build on subyclub, might change it over this site oneday:
http://www.subyclub.com/topic/14094-new ... converted/
nvmylh

Car: '08-H6-Wagon

Postby Noodlemon » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:14 am

nvmylh wrote:Nice work mate! How far south east are you? I'm in Bayswater-Boronia-Ferntree Gully area..

I'm a bit further out, all the way in Berwick.

nvmylh wrote:What did you do for the rear auto to manual crossmember mount? Cut and weld etc?

Yeah, I had to use the front mount from the manual, middle bit was extended 100mm and attached to the rear auto mount. When we did it, we forgot to factor in the stock exhaust, so we had to shave a bit of the mount back, bang the exhaust in, and extend the gearbox exhaust brackets a bit but got it in the end.
Noodlemon

Car: 2004 3.0R 6MT Outback

Postby Yowie » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:38 am

Welcome. Cool car. I've always liked the look of the "gen 4 Liberty chassis" Outbacks.

It bugs me that the Americans seem to have gotten a 2.5L turbo model which would have been great fun here for super-wagon enthusiasts.

Your warmed-over 6cyl manual sounds like plenty of fun in a similar vein.
Yowie

Car: SH Forester XT

Postby nvmylh » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:37 am

Interesting, I just made a flat plate (about 120x80X5mm'ish) which bolts to the rear auto section and the manual mid-section. No exhaust issues at all, bolt in job.

Good to see someone else having a crack at it though!
nvmylh

Car: '08-H6-Wagon

Return to Introductions