2Z2ZZ - White 2014 Gen V Manual Wagon

Introduce yourself

Re: 2Z2ZZ - White 2014 Gen V Manual Wagon

Postby 2z2zz.gen5 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:53 am

Another update, just got the new AVO intercooler and throttle body hose in DIY which I'm pretty chuffed about. Organising a time with the tuner now and will install the AVO dump pipe the day before the tune so the stock tune doesn't compensate for the new change in backpressure and do something dramatic.

I've got Bendix Ultimate Pads on the front now, less than 24 hours exchange from Sparesbox in NSW to me in QLD which is really good.

All I'm suffering from now is (I think) some sway bar link knock on slow turns and car park stuff. The knock has only come in with the new whiteline links and I've tinkered and tinkered, done adjustments at kurb weight, made sure they slide in with no resistance, torqued everything to spec, but can't seem to get the knock to go away which is really annoying, so I'll have a shop check over it when I get them to install the front sway bar. The front is especially bad and makes a really bad binding noise when doing 3 point turns for example, so I put the stock links back on and the front knocking/binding has gone so it's not a CV joint/diff at least.

I had a thought that the rear brake pads could be knocking (if that's even possible?) since they gave me DB1803XP and not DB1789XP like @LibertyTragic said, I did notice the ones I installed didn't have a clip on them like the ones that came off. But I feel like the pressure of the caliper should keep them in place and that also doesn't explain the front ones binding.
2z2zz.gen5

Car: 2014 Subaru Liberty GT Wagon Manual
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36245

Postby LibertyTragic » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:10 pm

I’ve got the DB1803 size installed in the rear as well (soon to be swapped) and I don’t have any issues with noise or fit. They are only 4mm shorter in width than they should be so security in the caliber isn’t an issue. It just leaves 4mm of the outer diameter of the disc untouched.

What’s the comparison like between the stock and AVO tmic? The legacygt forum guide seems to suggest that the bottleneck in the gen 5 tmic is the scoop size, not the core. I’d be interested to see if you get noticeable IAT reductions.
LibertyTragic

Car: 2009 Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36145

Postby 2z2zz.gen5 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:44 pm

I’m swapping with DB1803XP as well now. Haven’t really noticed much difference with the new AVO core driving, I haven’t been looking at IAT numbers though. I just wanted supporting mods to get the most out of the upcoming tune.

That’s annoying that the noise is definitely from the sway bar links. I’ve got it booked in to have the front sway bar installed with new ball joints and new springs so I’ll get them to look over that while it’s there. It’s just annoying to listen to despite it not really being necessary damaging.
2z2zz.gen5

Car: 2014 Subaru Liberty GT Wagon Manual
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36245

Previous

Return to Introductions