Intro

Introduce yourself

Intro

Postby Dazed and Confused » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:10 pm

Hi All
Just signed up. My name is Simon, and I thought I should at least introduce myself, before asking silly questions. Started off in Subies waaaay back in 2001. It was a genuine one owner, low K's (10 000, when we bought it) MY99 Impreza RX, and we had it for 18 years. Fastidiously maintained, never missed a service, so on and so forth. Only had 109 000 on it, when we bought an MY18 Liberty 3.6R (I'm old now), and passed the Impreza on to our 17 yo daughter, who wrote it off 1 day after getting her Ps. Her fault. Fortunately, it was a low speed impact, but the hit was directly on the LHS front corner, and bent the rails. (Nobody was hurt, that was the main thing). Lesson learned. She now has a 2 owner low K's MY05 liberty.
Dazed and Confused

Car: 2018 Liberty 3.6R (I'm old)

Re: Intro

Postby Stifull » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:14 pm

Hi.. Bummer about your RX... An 05 Liberty probably has better safety features anyway..Like most forums, all the questions have already been answered so "search" is your friend.. If you was some pics to show us some pics, IMGUR is a good free site. Just remember to "edit" the size to 1200 x whatever it decides is best before posting them here... cheers.
Current Subarus
07 Liberty GT (mine) 180kwt on 16lb
98 WRX Club Spes 2 with 2.5ltr upgrade(mine) sub 14 sec
99 Ver 6 Sti also with 2.5ltr upgrade (son) sub 14 sec
02 WRX Bugeye Hatch lots of goodies(wife)
09 Non Turbo Impreza(daughter#4)
Previous
98 GC8 WRX Hatch(daughter#1)
02 Bugeye WRX (daughter#2)
Stifull

Car: '07 Liberty GT '98 WRX CS2 2.5ltr

Postby bigBADbenny » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:43 am

No such thing as silly questions, just silly answers. :P

Check the links in my signature for self help solutions then fire away ;) has
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby Dazed and Confused » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:28 am

Hi mate
Nice GT. Looks like you guys are Subie family - nothing wrong with that. We are too. Wife has the MY18 Lib 3.6R, daughter has her Lib now, and the other 14 yo daughter has already decided that she wants an Impreza. I'm the odd one out, with a Colorado ute. You're right about the RX, real bummer. It was the wife's car - she cried when she saw it. It looked and drove like new, inside and out. The grille wasn't damaged, so we kept it and hung it on the garage wall as a memento. Thanks for the advice about IMGUR, I'll check it out when I get chance. The Lib we found is pretty nice. It's a black 2 owner, low K's jobby, nice and straight, excellent condition inside. It came with full service history, looks drives and drives nice. It's been sensibly lowered, has aftermarket wheels, good aftermarket Pioneer stereo that's had a good installation job - looks factory. She wants to fit a sportier sounding exhaust, so she's saving up for that. If it's half as good as the RX was, I'll be happy.
Dazed and Confused

Postby bigBADbenny » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:57 am

Sounds like an enthusiast owned car, hopefully of the good sort :good:

Flickr is a good bet for image hosting, linked pics can be scaled just right for eg iPhone use.
I’m often lazy and just screenshot & crop pics till they’re small enough to embed on the site :P

94566D3A-D5E4-447A-80F0-313278E5293A.jpeg
94566D3A-D5E4-447A-80F0-313278E5293A.jpeg (229.12 KiB) Viewed 5529 times
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby Dazed and Confused » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:54 pm

Hey Ben.
Nice wagon. It's funny to me, your comment about there being no silly questions. That is one of my favourite sayings. I'm a part time driver trainer where I work, so I tell blokes that all the time. It's good to see that there are other people who share the same opinion. I think that you might be right on the money, when you said that the Lib may have been an enthusiast's car. And I do think it was in a good way. It looks and drives like it hasn't had the daylights flogged out of it. We'll just have to see how things turn out.
Dazed and Confused

Postby subyroo » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:19 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:Sounds like an enthusiast owned car, hopefully of the good sort :good:

Flickr is a good bet for image hosting, linked pics can be scaled just right for eg iPhone use.
I’m often lazy and just screenshot & crop pics till they’re small enough to embed on the site :P

With Imgur you just add in either a small s - m or l just before the .jpg in the link code to make your picture small - medium or large, simples! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I.E. See the position of the small red s in this code [img]https://i.imgur.com/5OcfcWPs.jpg[img] (I have disabled the BBcode)

These are examples of the small s - m and l so you can see how they will look in a post.

Pedro

2021 Honda HR-V VTi-S
MY03 XS Forester (owned for 13yrs.)
Man blames fate for other accidents but feels personally responsible for a hole in one.
subyroo

Car: 2021 Honda HRV VTi-S

Return to Introductions