Proper intro...

Introduce yourself

Proper intro...

Postby Boognish » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:31 pm

Sydneysider here, but born and raised up the NSW coast, too.

First car, 1979 Mazda 323 in 1999.
Subaru Liberty RX in 2000.
MkV Golf GTI in 2005.
Mk6 GTI in 2010. APR tune and bigger/wider tyres
Mk7 GTI Performance Pack in 2015. CAI with view to tune.
Mk7 R Wolfsburg Wagon in 2015 (six months after the GTI). Put in the CAI from the GTI, APR ECU and TCU tune.
Subaru '06 FXT in 2016. Lowered King Springs. Was going to eventually do more.
Hyundai i30SR in 2018. uh, seat covers? No need for hate, it's a zippy little beast if you drive it right ;)

and now...

'05/'06 (preFL) Liberty GTS-B tbSTi wagon.

Next?

2019 BMW M2/M240/330i RWD coupe to complement the "practical" Lib.

I'm permanently crippled so have to drive auto with controls. I'm hilarious. I have Bitchy Resting Face that could melt Iron. I'm generally very nice and get along with a lot of people from all walks of life - unless you're a total f'ing Eggbert who needs a slapdown because I'll oblige. I don't do the fanboi attitude, I'm just not that into Brand Loyalty; I just likes what I likes and allow you to likes what you likes. The main things I likes is cats and speed. Oh and I have a vajayjay - except I'd never call it that because I'm not a total f'ing Eggbert.

I'm here to learn, and make connections to keep my lovely new car running smoothly for as long as humanly possible. If anyone has a connection for part-time work, that would be Green as 4:20 :good:
Boognish

Car: Liberty GT TbSTI wagon 05

Re: Proper intro...

Postby Tonic » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:51 pm

Welcome. We might get along ok but if not, and you think I am a total Eggbert, at least I can outrun you.....
Tonic

Car: 06 Liberty 3.0RB now 09 facelift

Postby Boognish » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:48 am

:lol: :lol: indeed! Understand that I have wicked good throwing aim tho :twisted: w
Boognish

Postby ManiacLachy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:07 am

I do love those Wolfsberg Rs, bet it was fairly swift!
ManiacLachy

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Wagon

Postby LibertyTragic » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:42 am

Welcome!

I like your choice of cars... except the Hyundai :lol:

I think I ended up with brand loyalty to Subaru only because I have always loved the formula and quirkiness of the design language. Also the fact most their models were offered with a petrol turbo. Exception is 2015 to now where the liberty lost the fun package :( Although the 2020 model is brining the turbo back, it’s still too sedate on the exterior design. Fingers crossed for another tbSti!
LibertyTragic

Car: 2009 Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36145

Postby Boognish » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:36 pm

LibertyTragic wrote:Welcome!

I like your choice of cars... except the Hyundai :lol:

I think I ended up with brand loyalty to Subaru only because I have always loved the formula and quirkiness of the design language. Also the fact most their models were offered with a petrol turbo. Exception is 2015 to now where the liberty lost the fun package :( Although the 2020 model is brining the turbo back, it’s still too sedate on the exterior design. Fingers crossed for another tbSti!

Oh I totally get loving Subes! I got sad when Subaru took a step back with styling and chutzpah - not to mention the CVT. Before buying the Hyundai I test drove a demo Levorg and I was so disappointed! Re: fanboi-ing, I just don’t get ignoring the good things about brands you otherwise don’t like. I’d never own a Camry :suicide: but I have to give them props for building reasonably solid cars.

Never thought I’d own a Hyundai though :lol: But I promise it’s nothing to sneeze at when you give it some stick. It’s got independent rear suspension (which I’ve definitely pushed), and accessible low-down power meaning it gets off the line quicker than you’d think. The N would be an incredible car, and it sounds amazing too.

ManiacLachy wrote:I do love those Wolfsberg Rs, bet it was fairly swift!

Ohhhh yes especially with the Stage 1+ ;) Must have gotten up around 240kw at the wheels. And yet I never got around to launching it! There are some incredibly fun twisty roads inland from the mid north coast that I ended up familiarizing pretty well. Never stepped out though. God she was beautiful.
Boognish

Postby Boognish » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:58 pm

This was my old baby that I had to sell to pay for bloodsucking lawyers. But with Libby I’ll have a new baby :P 8)
Attachments
82FD9E6F-2BD5-4D2E-ABB9-4C9E105919E5.jpeg
82FD9E6F-2BD5-4D2E-ABB9-4C9E105919E5.jpeg (216.14 KiB) Viewed 4951 times
Boognish

Postby LibertyTragic » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:34 pm

Nice!

Sounds like you’ve had a bit of a rough run in life lately, but it has at least brought you one of the best vehicles out there 8)
LibertyTragic

Car: 2009 Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36145

Postby Boognish » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:10 pm

LibertyTragic wrote:Nice!

Sounds like you’ve had a bit of a rough run in life lately, but it has at least brought you one of the best vehicles out there 8)

Cheers man :D

Boognish

Return to Introductions