Lurker coming to the surface!

Introduce yourself

Lurker coming to the surface!

Postby ManiacLachy » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:09 am

Hi all, I've been lurking here for a number of years, but I've only just bought my Liberty.

On Saturday I picked up a 2007 Liberty GT-B Wagon, with a manual transmission. It's been quite well looked after by the previous owner, and at only 68k km it's in great condition.

For the last 5 years or so I've been daily driving an MX-5 SE (turbo 1.8L), that I like to wrench on and mod and it's gone way past the point of being an enjoyable commuter. With summer coming on I really wanted something more suitable, comfortable and practical, and I've been in love with the Gen 4 GT-B for years.

This one popped up close by and ticked almost every box I had. It's got a 3" dump, WRX mufflers, a tune, Whiteline sways, some LEDs, and that's about it. It presents really well, and drives nicely. Got a nice subtle growl, but isn't loud at all. It's going to be a great daily driver, can carry me, my girlfriend, my dog, and a whole load of gear, and it'll be a very fun drive at the same time. I'll be able to save the MX5 for more dedicated fun driving, and stress-free wrenching.

I'm going to try to do very few additional mods to this car, but I do think I'll have to do a Grom BT install, and probably the JDM grill. I know there's a world of improvements and mods I could make, but I already have one basket case project car... :mrgreen:

I need to get a better shot of these two, maybe once the MX5 gets a wash, and I re-install my coilovers (currently being serviced, this is the stock shocks, so please excuse the wheel gap!)

I'm very happy to finally be part of the Subaru and Liberty communities. I'm sure I have much to learn, thankfully there's plenty of resources out there.
Last edited by ManiacLachy on Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ManiacLachy

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Wagon

Re: Lurker coming to the surface!

Postby ManiacLachy » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:12 am

Does this forum not auto resize images?
ManiacLachy

Postby Stifull » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:14 pm

No it doesn't . Don't know of any forums that do but I am only in car clubs... You need to use imgur or similar and edit them down to 1200x whatever
Current Subarus
07 Liberty GT (mine) 180kwt on 16lb
98 WRX Club Spes 2 with 2.5ltr upgrade(mine) sub 14 sec
99 Ver 6 Sti also with 2.5ltr upgrade (son) sub 14 sec
02 WRX Bugeye Hatch lots of goodies(wife)
09 Non Turbo Impreza(daughter#4)
Previous
98 GC8 WRX Hatch(daughter#1)
02 Bugeye WRX (daughter#2)
Stifull

Car: '07 Liberty GT '98 WRX CS2 2.5ltr

Postby Kekotic » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:26 pm

Code: Select all
[img]https://i.imgur.com/bzjviC8.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/hmO5I5I.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/kEHsUoV.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/EwIDFkb.jpg[/img]

Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby ManiacLachy » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:31 pm

Stifull wrote:No it doesn't . Don't know of any forums that do but I am only in car clubs... You need to use imgur or similar and edit them down to 1200x whatever

All the other car forums I use do, photos are hosted on Imgur. I will keep resizing them in mind for next time posting here.

Thanks Kekotic. I'll go edit my original if I still can.
ManiacLachy

Postby spike2135 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:33 pm

hey, nice lib find.

also nice mx5
spike2135

Car: BR9
Profile URL: https://ibb.co/Ky2X4V3

Postby jacks-GTB » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:37 pm

Welcome mate 8) nice wags
jacks-GTB

Car: 2007 Subaru Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16629

Postby Stifull » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:35 pm

Quote "All the other car forums I use do, photos are hosted on Imgur. I will keep resizing them in mind for next time posting here."

Oh.. OK.. I use imgur but I always imbed the pics in the post to make it easier..I have never put a link to pics in a post.. Never thought of that.
Current Subarus
07 Liberty GT (mine) 180kwt on 16lb
98 WRX Club Spes 2 with 2.5ltr upgrade(mine) sub 14 sec
99 Ver 6 Sti also with 2.5ltr upgrade (son) sub 14 sec
02 WRX Bugeye Hatch lots of goodies(wife)
09 Non Turbo Impreza(daughter#4)
Previous
98 GC8 WRX Hatch(daughter#1)
02 Bugeye WRX (daughter#2)
Stifull

Car: '07 Liberty GT '98 WRX CS2 2.5ltr

Postby bigBADbenny » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:44 am

Nice one!
Any GT that’s been enthusiast owned is a good thing!

Got a build thread for the mx5?
I’m intrigued :good:

Check links in my signature for practically everything you need to upkeep your GT ;)
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby ManiacLachy » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:22 am

Thanks for the welcome all.

I guess it comes down to how you first learn to put photos in a forum? Each has their differences. I'm sure I'll get better at posting here, please excuse my first few fumbles.

bigBADbenny, I've been reading your posts, and similar posts on the US Legacy site, and even some NASIOC posts (I figure there's a decent amount of cross over between the various Subaru's of a given period?).

I have a build thread on the MX5 over at mx5cartalk.com.au.
http://mx5cartalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=64088

It's a bit of a long read though. Short version: currently running a standalone ECU Megasquirt); a flex fuel setup with 250 whp on E85; a lot of suspension work; Enkei RPF-1s, various interior mods such as Lotus seats, custom gauge faces, short shifter, centre console delete, and a roll bar. And more mods incoming, like the replacement turbo setup I have on the shelf that will be running a Borg Warner EFR6258.

I haven't really driven it for fun in such a long time. I used to go for early morning weekend drives up the local hills, but lately I just haven't been motivated. Currently struggling with some suspension woes, and I need to catch up on some maintenance. It's a bit of a drain to drive in traffic and/or hot summer these days, but whenever I get in after some time out, or driving something else, I'm always struck by how much fun it is!

I've been wanting a daily for ages, but struggling with the decision. Do I just get a boring, cheap crap box to go to and from work, and carry the dog? Or do I get a car I will care about and enjoy, that is also practical? You can see which way I went. I've heard so many good things about Subaru's from enthusiast owners. I think MX-5 people and Subi people are quite similar, and I know more than a few fall into both camps. I'm very happy with my choice.
ManiacLachy

Postby bigBADbenny » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:57 pm

Fantastic!
Yep ms, mx5 love it so looking forward to a loooong read huh?
Goals and standing on others shoulders, what’s not to like? :P
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Return to Introductions