Back in black

Introduce yourself

Back in black

Postby LibertyTragic » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:47 am

Hi all,

It's great to be back in a Liberty after about 12 years since! A little introduction...

I am located in WA in the Pilbara.

I have owned plenty of Subarus in between (5 - a mix of imprezas, a forester and an outback) but Libertys have always been close to my heart as my first car was a 1991 series 1 Liberty GX which started the love affair. Soon after losing the original Liberty to arson :( I moved onto a 1998 BD5 Liberty RX, which was my most modified Liberty with most of the Whiteline catalogue on her among other things. Always regretted selling the BD5.

So a few months ago I was looking for something fun for a daily driver and of course a Liberty GT was high on the list. I was aiming for a Gen 4 originally, but this Gen 5 popped up at a price I could not refuse and some nice extras to boot. It was a bit of a fixer-upper externally, but I'm stoked how she has turned out after a bit of elbow grease.

Car details:
2009 MY10 Liberty GT Premium 5EAT
- Obsidian pearl black
- Factory bodykit and sti front lip

Mods:
- ROH 18x8 +40 RF1 Flow Form rims in matte black wrapped in Bridgestone RE003 Adrenaline tyres
- 2x 12" Alpine R subs hooked up to the McIntosh stereo

Future plans:
- X-force 3" TBE + Tune
- Coilovers
- Crystal eye headlights

Pics:
LibertyTragic

Car: 2009 Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36145

Re: Back in black

Postby spike2135 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:09 pm

Hi and welcome. Nice gen 5! :good:
spike2135

Car: BR9
Profile URL: https://ibb.co/Ky2X4V3

Postby Stifull » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:38 pm

Agree.. V nice.. You will love the RE003s.. Over the last 10 years or so we have tried almost every performance tyre on the market on our WRXs and sti and the RE003s are definitely the best all round for wet and dry grip, low noise etc that we've tried.. My son put a set of the new Michelin PS4s on his STi and is looking forward to them wearing out so he can go back to the Potenzas...I have them on my liberty GT and will be putting them on my rex when the PS3s wear out.
Current Subarus
07 Liberty GT (mine) 180kwt on 16lb
98 WRX Club Spes 2 with 2.5ltr upgrade(mine) sub 14 sec
99 Ver 6 Sti also with 2.5ltr upgrade (son) sub 14 sec
02 WRX Bugeye Hatch lots of goodies(wife)
09 Non Turbo Impreza(daughter#4)
Previous
98 GC8 WRX Hatch(daughter#1)
02 Bugeye WRX (daughter#2)
Stifull

Car: '07 Liberty GT '98 WRX CS2 2.5ltr

Postby bigBADbenny » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:26 pm

Niiiiiice :)
Wow stiful, that’s certainly a big plug for re003!
I’m an s001 fan, but maybe I need to see what it’s all about :good:
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby LibertyTragic » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:14 pm

Cheers for the welcome!

Stifull wrote:Agree.. V nice.. You will love the RE003s.. Over the last 10 years or so we have tried almost every performance tyre on the market on our WRXs and sti and the RE003s are definitely the best all round for wet and dry grip, low noise etc that we've tried.. My son put a set of the new Michelin PS4s on his STi and is looking forward to them wearing out so he can go back to the Potenzas...I have them on my liberty GT and will be putting them on my rex when the PS3s wear out.

For sure! I am loving the RE003s and would also recommend. The car originally came with a mix of weird brand Chinese tyres that I disposed of immediately :wink:. I never cheap out on tyres and it is such a simple handling mod to boot.

It had been a while since I have needed to buy a performance tyre, since most my recent tyre purchases have been for Landcruisers :). I had some past history with the original Adrenaline RE001s though, so I was expecting the RE003s to be evolved goodness at a reasonable price.
LibertyTragic

Car: 2009 Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36145

Return to Introductions