Err, Hi. Just bought a 2008 3.0r

Introduce yourself

Err, Hi. Just bought a 2008 3.0r

Postby ADH6D » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:15 pm

Hi everyone. Adam here, or ADH6D (Wonder how many people will get that one when the plates arrive.) A bit over a week ago I bought a 2008 3.0R sedan (My first Lib was a 2005 2.5 granny spec purchased in 2013 that I loved dearly, now belonging to my mother.) in amazing condition with only 82,000k's on the clock. Have spent some time trying to detail it and am now looking at mods. Thanks to Quasarcreator, I've watched your youtube vids many times, before and after getting mine, and I almost spent $795 on an Xforce catback but will now consider just modifying what its got. A Kido tune will follow (Obviously) I expect to toy with the exhaust at the end of the year, as I will likely take it on a long day trip to visit my grandfather first (Don't think he'd appreciate the loud pipes!) Anyway, looking forward to seeing what fun this one brings. Photo is the actual car, not a generic image.

Cheers.
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (67.02 KiB) Viewed 2961 times
ADH6D

Car: 2008 Liberty 3.0R

Re: Err, Hi. Just bought a 2008 3.0r

Postby binary » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:41 pm

Welcome to Club Liberty, Adam!
Sweet 3.0R you have there 8)
Sounds like you've got some exciting plans, too. Haha the bug will bite and you won't know where to stop :twisted:
Cheers
MY05 Liberty GT auto wagon | Ultrex dump pipe, tuned by Torqued Performance http://www.torquedperformance.com/
binary

Car: MY05 GT 5EAT wagon

Postby dan_ashcroft » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:27 pm

For the money, you'd get a better improvement getting Raptor headers and plumbing them up to stock cats like Tim/Tradewind at Raptor has done. It will give you a increase in performance without the noise. He has a nice write-up in the "life and times of the raptor liberty" thread (I think my memory of that is close) he has, under username Tradewind.

If you are looking at a further increase in performance, Tim at Raptor was also looking at doing another another run of the cold air intakes. I have one, nice improvement.

E85 tune is an option thru Kido - if you have E85 available nearby.

You can also run both CAI and E85, but I don't have a flex tune on it yet so I can't swap back to 98 on the fly, so no big trips into the country in this vehicle.

Where are you based?
dan_ashcroft

Car: MY06 3.0R-B on E85

Postby ADH6D » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:36 am

Forgot about the Raptor headers. Will definitely be chasing some at the end of the year or as cash allows. Will also look into that CAI. Unfortunately I can't get E85 where I live (Southern Highlands, NSW), or at least not that I know of). In the meantime I am considering getting a mate of mine who is skilled at welding and fabbing to knock up a Y-Pipe and replace the muffler in the mid section with a resonator or something better flowing. I want to extract some of the noise I know these things can make. Not obnoxiously loud, just enough to put a grin on my face. I would also like some quad tips, however having trouble locating them ATM.
ADH6D

Car: 2008 Liberty 3.0R

Return to Introductions