2007 2.5T 6MT GT-B from Brisbane

Introduce yourself

2007 2.5T 6MT GT-B from Brisbane

Postby Brettoe » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:32 pm

Hi all,

Long time voyeur, first time poster :oops: This site has been a great resource prior to, and since purchasing my car in Oct 2016. I'm the third owner and the car seems to be well looked after for 170k OD. I love the great mix this car offers in terms of performance, features, luxury and stealth. I've lost count of how many people I've taken by surprise. Oh, not to mention it ticks the box with the missus, ferrying around the whole family in comfort and in a non-boy racer style.

Name: Brett
Ride: MY07 Liberty GT-B 2.5T 6MT
Mod: AVO TMIC, Tune from Matt (KiDo), CB Borla exhaust
Plans: AVO DP, 12-24mths down the track - TD05-18G + supporting fuel mods if required. 180-200awkw would be ideal.
Year of birth: 1981
Interest: being a Dad to three monkeys 7yo and under, riding (road and mountain), enjoying my car
Previous Rides:
1992 AX Telstar TX5 (2.5L V6 NA QOHC) - gone to car heaven at 420k OD
1978 KE35 Corolla - where it all began. Rebuilt the original motor (1166cc 3K motor), bored 40thou (capacity increased +36cc :shock: ), 35/65 cam, jetted std carby + all the other things you do to your car when you're 16yo in the 90's

To sum me up, I'm a jack of all trades. Electronics Engineer formally, and mechanical tinkerer/engineer by experience and experiment. Long time car enthusiast, less yobo now and more grown up.

Other time consumers - house renovations (from DIY 70sqm deck to overseeing the big stuff), woodworking, welding (TIG mainly) and general Mr Fix It duties from cars to anything around the house (including the kids toys). When time permits, I enjoy doing all required maintenance on the household cars and am really looking forward to modding my Lib. This is the first forced induction car I've owned, and I don't think I can ever go back. Looking forward to seeing how this car responds to incremental upgrades. Really looking forward to getting in touch with Matt (KiDo), hoping to get visibility of the low level details of a tune. In fact, my main reason for signing up is to PM Matt and get the ball rolling.

Thank you forum for all you've provided me so far... this is only the beginning.
Brettoe

Car: MY07 LGT-B Sedan 2.5T 6MT

Return to Introductions