New "Farm Workhorse" (NOT Paddock Bomb!) lol

Introduce yourself

New "Farm Workhorse" (NOT Paddock Bomb!) lol

Postby banner » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:28 am

Hi All,

Just taken ownership of a 1991 Liberty GX Manual Wagon which has quite possibly seen bitumen for the last time.
It is destined to have chainsaws, spray equipment and general tools in the back, tow round bales and trailer loads of stuff around our small but VERY hilly farm.
Only 304K on the clock. Body a bit rough but interior good.
It will also teach our teenagers how to drive a manual, do hill starts etc. in a safe environment.
My second Subi wagon after my much loved Sports wagon on a previous property went with the property.

A perfect choice instead of a quad! Safer, more comfortable, heating and air conditioning, keeps everything in the back out of the weather, and a serviceable stereo!

Will need advice from the forum for a couple of things initially:
Air suspension height adjustment not working, which I would really appreciate the extra 50mm clearance, and best way to replace the electric antenna!

Hoping for many years of work from the new girl! :D
banner

Car: 1991 Liberty GX Manual Wagon

Re: New "Farm Workhorse" (NOT Paddock Bomb!) lol

Postby Bumpty » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:07 am

Have you had a look at the shocks? It's quite common for the air suspension to stop working and then they're just replaced with regular shocks.

If the air suspension has been pulled out, ny recommendation would just to be buy some raised king springs (and you could sit them in some outback struts) for that little more height. Alternatively, I have a 2" body lift kit, outback shocks with king springs, outback trailing arms and 27.5" bfg muddies in mine that I'm pulling off at the moment to sell.
Bumpty

Car: A Son Of

Re: New "Farm Workhorse" (NOT Paddock Bomb!) lol

Postby banner » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:39 am

Thanks Mate,

Will have a look over the weekend, I don't believe they have been changed. The switch still acts as if it is working, and starts flashing every now and then, which I believe is a fault code from the little research I've done so far.
As it is purely used around the farm, I'm loath to spend the money on full kits etc. to get a little ground clearance.
My only major expense I'm hoping are some muddy tyres before next winter!
banner

Car: 1991 Liberty GX Manual Wagon

Return to Introductions