New 3.0r-b owner from newcastle!!

Introduce yourself

New 3.0r-b owner from newcastle!!

Postby Leggyboy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:24 pm

Well hello everybody!!

I am the proud new owner of a 2005 3.0r spec b auto wagon! (Well trying to be anyway...)

This is my first car purchase after getting my p's a couple of months ago and I've had it for just over a week. The car is currently completely stock as far as I am aware and I am planning on keeping it that way - for now anyway... :D Currently got a few issues to sort out (gotta love used car dealers) that I've picked up on which is partly why I've signed up. Other than that I'm thinking of buying an interface for aux and refinishing the wheels (they've got a fair but of gutter rash) plus tidying up a few other little things on the interior.

Anyway, major things I've currently gotta sort:
1. Virbation/wobble around 20-40km/h (mostly noticible on light acc. up slight hills)
2. Vibration on idle when warmed up in gear (picked this up today when engine was warm stopped at traffic lights (guessing/hoping related to above)
3. (And most major) Possible head gasket leak :? (occasionally seeing bubble in overflow and gurgling in the heater core when shutting off engine)

While this is currently seeming like a less than impressive purchase we did get the car at a half decent price so once the above get sorted we should be kinda on par - better still if I can do some of this myself.

Anyhow hello once again. Hopefully I can borrow some of the wealth of knowledge available on these forums! :)
Leggyboy

Car: 2005 3.0r-b wagon

Re: New 3.0r-b owner from newcastle!!

Postby jslayz » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:47 pm

If you have the McIntosh stereo then as they get older they make a noise inside the dash which sounds like gurgling but is actually mechanical.
Perhaps you have this?

Bubbles in overflow are never a good sign........

Sound like you were sold a car with a HG issue, warranty claim time?

If you need to limp it, Try a bottle of the green Wynns stop leak into your coolant, will involve siphoning hot coolant so have a large syringe to assist, just follow instructions exactly.
(dealer may have done this but $20 worth a shot)

Great cars when running well.
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
jslayz

Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon

Return to Introductions