Vic (Fitzroy) - 08 TBSTI Wagon

Introduce yourself

Vic (Fitzroy) - 08 TBSTI Wagon

Postby ncik » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:59 pm

Hi!

I just bought AJ's Wagon and drove it down from Sydney yesterday. Best part was the back streets out near the airport - big round abouts and sweeping corners, I'd forgotten how fun AWD is! Here's the car: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30129&p=407335#p407335
The car got 8.4l / 100k's over the ~700k tank...the ECU reported an optimistic 7.8ltrs/100k's over the same distance, but I'm happy with the 8.4 regardless considering I was also looking at v8 wagons to buy :shock:

Previous Cars are (ordered recent to oldest): Stock 6sp Mk5 Golf GTI (About to be for sale), Nissan Gazelle with an RB20 (still have this for drift track use, but it's been out of action for 9months since blowing an impossible to get to heater hose! Planning to fix it up and try for a club reg soon), Galant vr4 imported and complied myself (that was an experience), Cordia 1.8 Turbo (first turbo...got very good at handbrakies and fixing things and stealing tiny parts from the wreckers) and my first car was a duel fuel Commodore VC wagon - I loved that thing but after breaking the diff, clutch and gearbox realised I should buy something that a little lighter and better to thrash.

Once I get the Subie registered in Vic, it'd be cool to catch up at some point, but it looks like a cruise just happened, im not in a rush.

I need a favour though, does anyone have a stock wagon exhaust I could borrow for roadworthy? - edit again - Don't need this anymore, looks like my awesome mechanic is going to pass it as it :D

Anyway, nice to meet you all, see you in the forums

edit - Forgot to add some stuff:
Interests: Slacklining, Surfing, Drifting, Camping, Water Polo, fixing broken things in the house (i.e. a lot of time at Bunnings) and my 2yr old daughter.
Work: Medical Software. Age: 35.

Cheers,

Nick.
ncik

Car: 2008 TBSTI Wagon

Re: Vic (Fitzroy) - 08 TBSTI Wagon

Postby jarrenowen » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:23 pm

congrats on the new purchase.
AJ dropped some serious dough into that thing, you picked up a real nice car and i've seen it in person.
hopefully AJ's luck doesn't come with the car...
best of luck and welcome. :)
jarrenowen

Car: 2007 Liberty Gt Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31061

Return to Introductions