Howzit from ZA

Introduce yourself

Howzit from ZA

Postby stev0za » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:34 pm

Name: Steve
Ride: 07 OB3R
Mod: Decatted --- iI think thats all
Plans: I was planning to keep it stock but Im also a little bored with it... So im looking into turbo/supercharging - go figure.
Year of birth: 1983
Interest: Drive fast cars :D
Previous Rides: 2 Fozzie XT's (one Prodrive and another Pre-facelift, a forged Hawk Sti, Fozzie X and now finally something that drives a little better and is MUCH bigger - the OB 3.0R
stev0za

Car: OB3R

Re: Howzit from ZA

Postby tom_kauf » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:12 pm

Welcome Steve :). I don't think we have many from South Africa, but a few are around the forum.
Good to hear the Outback is more practical than the XT for other people as well. I've never owned a Forester, but we also chose the Lib instead, because of its practicality and size. And every time I'm in a Forester, I notice how much more refined the Libs/OBs are.
[Stealth & Speed - Comfort & Practicality]: My 2008 MY09 GT SpecB Wagon - Manual 200,000km
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Car: 2008 Liberty GT SpecB Manual Wagon

Postby stev0za » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:04 pm

tom_kauf wrote:Welcome Steve :). I don't think we have many from South Africa, but a few are around the forum.
Good to hear the Outback is more practical than the XT for other people as well. I've never owned a Forester, but we also chose the Lib instead, because of its practicality and size. And every time I'm in a Forester, I notice how much more refined the Libs/OBs are.

Hey Tom

Strange thing, before I came about the Outback, I nearly snatched up a deal on a Liberty Wagon 2.0GT (05) but the owner heard some noises that should not have been there and decided to tear it apart and fix it. I then came about the facelift OB and I was sold. For my driving style the 3.0 suit me perfectly fine and that noise :D :D

I'd like to lower the Outback a little down the line, but finding aftermarket in ZA is a nightmare. Everything is either WRX or Foz... or WRX that fits on the Foz.
stev0za

Car: OB3R

Postby tom_kauf » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:44 pm

Ah ok cool. That's the only time I've wished I had more ground clearance (I was going off road and it scraped quite bit). But the other 99.9% of the time, I love the ride height of the Libs.

Yeah, it might be a bit better here for Outbacks, but they're rarely modified, so most things are also for WRX etc.
[Stealth & Speed - Comfort & Practicality]: My 2008 MY09 GT SpecB Wagon - Manual 200,000km
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Car: 2008 Liberty GT SpecB Manual Wagon

Postby HardwareBoB » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:16 pm

To lower an outback you can use anything from a liberty
HardwareBoB

Car: MY05 GT 5MT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27514

Return to Introductions