Newbie introduction

Introduce yourself

Newbie introduction

Postby BBPeik » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:34 pm

Hello all,
I am a new member here from California. I was referred here by a buddy from LGT.com in the US. I am a pretty active member there and when he showed me this forum I had to join. I have a 10 Legacy 2.5GT. I currently am at stage 3ish. I am running a built block, sti cams, bnr 20G turbo, Process West wrx verticooler, custom tune and quite a few other goodies. Here is a link to my build thread at LGT for specifics.
http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.p ... 40271.html
Anyway, cant wait to start seeing what you guys are doing to your Liberty's to get some great ideas. Here are a couple pics as well.
Thanks
Brendan
BBPeik

Car: 2010 Legacy 2.5GT

Re: Newbie introduction

Postby satogixxer » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:36 pm

Welcome!

Car looks great, and nice to see another Gen 5 build. :D

I've never understood this "stage x" thing that the US does though, pretty meaningless to us Aussies.... what stage would I be at, 99+ ? :P
[Liberty GT MY10 6MT]: STI bits | STI Brembo's + Dixcel | DAMD D-shape | Cusco coilovers & sways | HKS LA clutch | BLITZ pod | Plazmaman FMIC | Deshele built EJ25 | Emtron ECU | BorgWarner EFR 7670 | 369kw atw
[Outback 3R MY04]: Stock as a rock
Profile video here
satogixxer

Car: '10 Liberty GT 6MT + '04 Outback 3R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20495

Postby BBPeik » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:48 pm

Yep that sounds about right stage 99. Funny that you are the first one to post. Your thread is why I joined. I had no idea that the stage thing was a US only idea. Mind you its definitions are somewhat vague over here too. Stage 1 is just a tune, 2 is intercooler and downpipe, exhaust etc., and 3+ is anything after that. Turbo, injectors, fuel pump etc.. I would love to go as far as you, but alas good old California emissions make it real difficult. I am way out of legal spec, but still not bad enough to where I can not hide it.
BBPeik

Postby satogixxer » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:18 pm

My car is environmentally friendly, and even smells nice and sweet. :wink:

Thanks for the explanation about the stages, now have something we can relate it to at least.

I've noticed from reading on legacygt.com it seems fairly common(?) over there to upgrade to a hybrid VF54 turbo on the Gen 5 using a different core... Still yet to hear of anyone over here trying that, we need to encourage some of the Gen 5 crowd to give it go. :mrgreen:
[Liberty GT MY10 6MT]: STI bits | STI Brembo's + Dixcel | DAMD D-shape | Cusco coilovers & sways | HKS LA clutch | BLITZ pod | Plazmaman FMIC | Deshele built EJ25 | Emtron ECU | BorgWarner EFR 7670 | 369kw atw
[Outback 3R MY04]: Stock as a rock
Profile video here
satogixxer

Car: '10 Liberty GT 6MT + '04 Outback 3R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20495

Postby BBPeik » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:04 am

I know of very few people here that have gone with a different turbo. With the VF54's unique housing it seems(to me at least)a lot easier to build a hybrid than to go to the trouble of building a custom manifold and/or mounting plate to accommodate a different turbo. From what I have seen it looks as though the best drive ability and power come from an 18G set up. I am running a 20G and it runs real well, but I have seen some dyno comparisons that show the 18G is a tad better.
BBPeik

Return to Introductions