New Owner - 08 GT-B

Introduce yourself

New Owner - 08 GT-B

Postby danielpenna » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:11 pm

Hi All,
I have spent a few months looking for a replacement for my daily driver Lancer ( don't hate on the Mitsi! ) Evo 3 ( yes, daily driver...) which at 21 years of ago is getting to a point where its probably best not to daily drive it ( only 160,000klms on it though ).

Decided after getting a new car for the wife last year that something a bit modern with some luxuries would be the way to go and spent a few months looking at the Gen 4 GT's, main problem is that any car I buy I will probably keep for a decent amount of time ( 13 years for the E3 ) so wanted lowish Klms. It seems though that most things were over the 120K plus range....until this one came along.

I picked it up last Saturday with 67,000 klms on. Single owner, extremely well kept, and almost like new in its condition. After all those 100K plus cars, I was used to seeing the wear marks on the steering wheels but this one is pristine, no wear what so ever. The boot looks like nothing has ever been in it. So I paid less than asking, but more than other cars due to this. I think the older owner would cry after he saw that I put child seats in the back for my two girls ( 3 and 5 year olds ).

So, in regards to driving it..I have tried very hard NOT to compare it to the old car since there is so many differences here ( Auto vs Manual, Full Sports model versus Performance Luxury etc ) but the speed off the line needs some improvements on the Suby's behalf ( again old Manual versus new Auto, must lower my expectations ) and the handling isn't so nimble ( but this is from 13 years ownership and knowing my limits ). But apart from the performance side of things, I love being in something that is more modern than my 95 model Lancer :). The leather is awesome, factory stereo is great ( although bassy sounds make the subwoofer at the back sound bad )...and sunroof!

Oh, and there is a BIT of a ride difference between 18" Low Profiles and the factory 15"s on my old car!

Whoops..there is a template apparently for introductions

Name: as per username
Ride: This one
Mod: Front Grill and wheels
Plans: Bluetooth for Stero, maybe a tune...have a Nexus 7 Gen 1 tablet next to me and I have seen a few interesting threads on that!
Year of birth: 77
Interest: Fun ? Children keep my days busy
Previous Rides: Think I have that well covered...but before the 3, was a KF Laser TX3 4WD ( so much fun! ), before the a Ford XE 351 for only 6 months.

...and here is a picture of the E3..probably sacrilegious to post a Evo on a Subby forum but I am a car person, not a car manufacture fanyboy. Possibly for sale in the near future...possibly..

danielpenna

Re: New Owner - 08 GT-B

Postby Kekotic » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:10 pm

Nice ride mate, low km's a bonus.

Do you happen to know why it didn't come with the stock rims?
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby danielpenna » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:25 pm

Kekotic wrote:Nice ride mate, low km's a bonus.

The story from the last owner was when it came time to replace the rubber on the existing rims, these came up and was cheaper to buy these rims with new tyres ( I have the 5th in my garage now ) than tyres for the old rims. I asked for the older rims as well but apparently they are gone as they were had some decent gutter rash. This must have been just a recent thing as the tyres on there are almost new as well.
danielpenna

Postby ferret89 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:42 am

Welcome mate, nice find with such low km's. Not a fan of those wheels though lol definitely prefer the originals

The auto does suck the power out of it a bit but tuning hugely improves it... can go the e-tune route or alternatively coyote is a Brissy local and can do a full dyno tune for you if you'd prefer that

Highly recommend a dump/tbe + tune to get the most out of it :D
ferret89

Car: Liberty MY08 Tuned by STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28511

Postby CAAD7 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:13 pm

danielpenna wrote:
Kekotic wrote:Nice ride mate, low km's a bonus.

The story from the last owner was when it came time to replace the rubber on the existing rims, these came up and was cheaper to buy these rims with new tyres ( I have the 5th in my garage now ) than tyres for the old rims. I asked for the older rims as well but apparently they are gone as they were had some decent gutter rash. This must have been just a recent thing as the tyres on there are almost new as well.

My GTB had 54,000 on it when I took delivery of it 3 years ago to the day. I'm not surprised this was cheaper, if he was old they probably told him he needed RE050A and they are bloody expensive. Mine had recently been replaced with 001's and he spent a fortune on them.

Welcome to the forum, join the FB group for some banter and look up the club.liberty SEQ group for us locals.
CAAD7

Car: 07 GT SpecB 6MT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23838

Return to Introductions