Back again!

Introduce yourself

Back again!

Postby Jimbo99GTB » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:49 pm

Gday all,

Been a while since I logged in here, so much so I forgot my old username/pass but not to worry. some of you might remember me from a few years ago from when I rocked a Gen4 GTB sedan, then moved onto a LV Focus XR5.

Things have changed as did circumstances, but I'm back in a Subaru again and thought I would share!

She's a 1999 Subaru Legacy GT-B, early AT one in Rev-A spec. I've had her now 2 years and she's come a very long way. Long story short, she was brought over from Japan in around 2006 or 2008 by a very keen enthusiast who loved the car to bits. Unfortunately, his circumstances changed an he was unable to keep the car (long story short, he found my build thread on Subyclub and showed me photos of it when it was his in Japan. He also gave me a bit of history on it too and I still have all it's original service logs and book-work from around pre 100k km's onwards. ).

It then went on to 2 owners in Aus who couldn't/didn't look after it very well. It had been neglected and forgotten about a little bit and left in sad state.

I bought it off a young bloke from the Sutherland area (didn't look old enough to shave!) who I can only assume used it mostly as a booze bus for him and his mates. So much stuff on the car was poorly rattle canned black, the tyres were bald, brakes felt like arse and the original wheels were painted black (assumable with a bicycle) and buckled/twisted. The roof, which is the worst part, has faded badly and is something I really want to fix when time and money both become expendable commodities!

Fast forward 2 years and the car has changed alot. I have replace alot of the interior components with newer and much better condition Rev D/E parts. Exterior has seen a new grille, replacement bonnet scoop, bigger factory option wing, factory option rear lip, perfect condition original wheels and the list goes on! I have also spent alot of time in the engine bay fixing up shoddy work and replacing/renewing as much as possible. The TT system runs perfectly and the driveline feels great!

Here's a most recent pic taken at HVC16

I'm in the Blacktown area so if you see me around, give a beep or a wave!

Jim
Jimbo99GTB

Car: '99 Legacy GTB

Re: Back again!

Postby Jimbo99GTB » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:02 pm

Here's an oldie I dug up of the Gen4!

Jimbo99GTB

Car: '99 Legacy GTB

Re: Back again!

Postby jslayz » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:19 pm

Welcome back
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
jslayz

Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon

Return to Introductions