Hi to everyone

Introduce yourself

Hi to everyone

Postby Dan. S » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:54 am

Hello everyone, my name is Dan. I live in Adelaide I currently drive a 2013 WRX which I am leasing for another 2 years. It is a great car but I want to get into a Liberty GT Spec B once my lease is up.This site seems to be a great place and thanks to all those that post up info and of course the administrators for making it happen.

As I said I drive a 13 WRX it is a great car and I want to stick with Subaru once my lease is up. I admire the comfort looks and stealth factor of the spec B as well as the 6 speed, my WRX is only 5 speed and R160 rear diff. The Spec B will be also be an upgrade in the WRX,s driveline and hopefully I can get a nice one and have cash left over when the WRX goes.

I used to be a motor mechanic many years ago and like the platform the Spec b has to offer, superior to the WRX particularly in regards to the gearbox and brakes. However these are very similar vehicles and the characteristics that i enjoy about the WRX will be available in the Spec B. I am also getting old (so they tell me), turned 40 this year and am starting to appreciate what the Liberty represents, comfortable touring with the Subaru all wheel drive levels of grip I have grown to enjoy driving the WRX over the last 3 years.

I do enjoy modding and can do most things myself, but time and money are always a factor and seem to be getting tighter and tighter so i want to get a solid platform from the start. I guess i am jumping the gun by 2 years till my lease is up but hey this is a great site and i hope to learn as much as possible between now and then. I am particularly interested in learning about the Spec B,s strength of the CV and thickness of its driveshafts to the front and rear wheels and if they are the same driveshafts and CV,s as the STI or the thiner WRX shafts and CV,s. Also what front mount intercoolers if any fit without affecting the integrity of the front bumper bar / air bag sensors and can be well hidden and almost look like stock when you pop the bonnet for a look, as well as the best legal bolt on turbo back exhaust system for freeing up the most power from the engine and turbo.

I have looked at keeping and modding my WRX but it is a 5 speed and it will need a lot of time / money and I like the stealth and comfort the Spec B has to offer versus the WRX or getting an STI not to mention a lot of STI goodies are found on the Spec B especially the tuned by STI, but mainly the 6 speed is a great box with nice tall gears in the upper ratios and i hope the driveshafts and final drive are of the same calibre as the STI, Brembo brakes are very nice as well as the rebuildable bilstein suspension.

Again thanks for the great site and i look forward to meeting you all and finding out more about the great Subaru Spec B,s in manual off course.

Cheers
Dan
Dan. S

Car: WRX

Return to Introductions