Potential mods

Introduce yourself

Potential mods

Postby williamg » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:46 pm

Hey guys,
fairly new to using forums so forgive me if I annoy anyone with particular things. I own a 2003 RX Liberty and am getting somewhat picky with how stock it looks, feels and sounds. I know tonnes of modifications I can do to it however, with owing money I am somewhat stingy when it comes to modifying, so basically just wondering if anyone has any awesome suggestions for modifications that aren't hella expensive but not a cheap as piss (crap) looking/feeling/sounding modifications they could share?
Cheers guys
williamg

Car: Gen 4 Spec B 3.0r

Re: Potential mods

Postby bigBADbenny » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:10 am

Pay it off, then get some led interior lighting, decent external lighting, detail the car thoroughly, service it, buy the best tyre and brake service parts you can afford, replace or refurb all the broken worn stuff.

Take a look at what Cruisn achieved with his Gen3 wagon, any car properly fettled can be sublime.

Once those achievements are unlocked, look for some suitable rims and maybe lowering springs.
Concentrate on looks handling and stopping as NA engine mods are usually pissing into the wind.

Braking: if you're running 17"s or bigger iirc, gen4 gt brakes are the go to solution, if looks only but still with decent braking performance: Wrx 4pots.

Suspension: mild lowering springs if your struts aren't flogged, if it were my car, I'd consider eg prova springs on JDM billies, or a set of coilovers, either via Import Monster.
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Re: Potential mods

Postby williamg » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:11 pm

cheers mate, that actually helps a lot,just out of curiosity if I were to get an aftermarket muffler for a "beefier" sound what would you recommend? I haven't really found much for gen3's
williamg

Car: Gen 4 Spec B 3.0r

Return to Introductions