Hi from south east Qld...

Introduce yourself

Hi from south east Qld...

Postby gyroo » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:48 pm

I have been building and flying gyrocopters since the early 90's and most have had EA81 motors or EJ22's.... Long ago I had a Leone and I drove a agquip ute for a while..... I also rescue/drive Hillman imps. Anyway, I have a running driving 91 manual (FWD) Liberty I had bought for a motor to go into a gyro, but then after seeing the 'Killingback imp' (an imp in NZ with a 2.0 STI motor) I decided I want an imp (I have 6 of them) with an EJ 2.2 in it, I had a good look at my manual 91 FWD Liberty and was thinking I would love the imp to be auto. I looked for (actually stumbled upon) a similar 1991 Liberty GX, sedan, pale metallic blue, EJ22 auto AWD (for $150 :o ).... when I went to look at it, the car is way too good to wreck and pull the motor.... and I am not sure if an AWD transmission will run with no rear diff connected... anyway, long story short... Guess who is now finally driving a Liberty instead of just flying the motors? :) I never realised what beautiful cars they were? :shock: This one is awesome :D The last owner bought it 18 months ago, passed it for rego here in Qld, then bought a Hyundai coupe instead.... so this one sat next to his caretakers house at a local golf course... the committee told him it had been there long enough, get rid of it, or they would! :shock: I stumbled upon it and snuffled it. :mrgreen:

So, here I am.... there is no hand book or anything and I only have engine manuals for 92 and up (volume 2) for Legacy, nothing on the car itself. I actually have 3 EJ22 engines here as well as the 2 running cars.... plus 3 EA81's including one EA81T (efi) which are for gyros I have coming up....

So, forgive me, but I will be asking some ridiculously stupid questions :roll: prolly so basic, you will :lol: yourselves stupid :wink: I have been trying to find the glovebox book to find out what some of the toys in the car are.... I will start threads asking.... try not to laugh too much .... I might be 'sensitive' :shock: :cry: (Nah... not really) :lol:

My name is Murray (Muzza)

Killingback imp....

One of my gyro engine outs a Lá EA81 turbo from about 1996
gyroo

Car: 1991 Liberty GX AWD

Return to Introductions