HELLO from Dianella, Perth!

Introduce yourself

HELLO from Dianella, Perth!

Postby Veldex » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:54 pm

Hi there fellow people of this fine forum.

My name is Jason and I'm from Perth. A 16 year old lad who is now the proud new owner of a 2005 Subaru Liberty 4GEN Sedan. It's a standard one with a manual gearbox.

I know it isn't much of an intro but it was an attempt. Anyone who has a decent idea for some mods that can be done on the cheap and are worthwhile doing, please leave them below.

Thanks guys.

EDIT: I only just saw the format and I do apologize for not noticing it when I initially posted this.
Last edited by Veldex on Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Veldex

Car: 2001 Liberty B4 "INB4"
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29819

Re: Why hello there.

Postby Shaheenis » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:33 pm

Hey Jason and welcome. Not sure on best mods for your model but I am sure others will point you in the right direction. The Gen4 is a great car so congratulations on owning one ;).
Shaheenis
A few sensible mods and tuned by Matt (Kido).
Link to Member Profile
Link to photos of both wagons and intro page
Shaheenis

Car: Pearl White MY07 GTB Wagon 6MT

Postby Veldex » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:53 am

Thanks for the warm welcoming.

My parents used to have a 3GEN Outback and that went rather nicely. This is my first car and I pick it up on Wednesday or Thursday, depends on when Subi Osbourne Park are able to finish repairing the bonnet (Something fell on it damaging it harshly going back to metal on the left side and some stone chips) and a replacement windshield. Don't want to go too overboard but it would be nice to give it a bit of zip (not that it doesn't already).

I must say that is a nice example you have there (if what is in your profile pic is indeed yours).
Veldex

Postby HardwareBoB » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:18 am

Easy and nice upgrades is stuff like - HIDs/LEDs, stereo, some rims/tyres, maybe swaybars, some mufflers for a bit more noise - not much gain to be had from (what I assume is) a 2.5i

Welcome!
HardwareBoB

Car: MY05 GT 5MT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27514

Postby Veldex » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:45 pm

Yeah it's a N/A 2.5i.

I think my father would disown me if I were to put a new muffler on it but we'll see. Not looking to go too far either as I would like to refrain from doing anything big performance wise at least until the engine needs a rebuild (With proper maintenance, should be ages away despite the 170k kms on the clocked) but I wouldn't mind the odd small project to give it a bit more game. I've already got the first three on my radar but I don't feel like forking out 500 dollars for a new face plate (I know why it's that price) but I am rather disappointed by the quality of the stereo. I would expect much more from a McIntosh system. Anyone have any idea if it's the Arial (Only tested the radio so far, will explore more when I pick it up later this week), head unit and/or speakers. If I can help it, I would just replace the speakers knowing that the sound will be substantially clearer (Excuse my connoisseur-ship for good sound quality).

Also nothing that would give me a defect notice as yellow seems unfashionable on pearlesent white.
Veldex

Return to Introductions