Perth kid that recently switched from a WRX to a 3.0r Spec B

Introduce yourself

Re: Perth kid that recently switched from a WRX to a 3.0r Sp

Postby MrScience » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:50 pm

McDoof wrote:
Now I can worry about other things, like getting rid of the swirl marks that absolutely cover this car, gah.

Turtlewax Scratch and swirl mark remover works wonders, just make sure you give it a good wax afterwards. It's hard work, but worth it.

I've never really used Turtlewax stuff, people around me tend to warn me away from it. I've got some Meguiar Scratch X 2.0, but I've never used it on a whole car before.
MrScience

Car: Liberty 3.0r Spec B

Postby McDoof » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:23 am

I've never really used Turtlewax stuff, people around me tend to warn me away from it. I've got some Meguiar Scratch X 2.0, but I've never used it on a whole car before.

To each their own I guess. I've been using both the scratch and swirl mark remover and the hardshell wax for the last 10 years on my cars, and they always look good. It's not the type of thing you want to use a buffer with though. Strictly a manual job if you want good results.
McDoof

Car: MY05 3.0R SpecB 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26449

Postby MrScience » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:59 pm

McDoof wrote:

To each their own I guess. I've been using both the scratch and swirl mark remover and the hardshell wax for the last 10 years on my cars, and they always look good. It's not the type of thing you want to use a buffer with though. Strictly a manual job if you want good results.

I'll give it a shot anyway, I'm probably going to have to set aside a whole day to get rid of all of them.

Thanks for the suggestion.
MrScience

Car: Liberty 3.0r Spec B

Previous

Return to Introductions