Hi, 2008 Black GTB STI from Sydney

Introduce yourself

Hi, 2008 Black GTB STI from Sydney

Postby triston » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

I been on the forum for a few months, had the car for almost 2 years now, previous car was the 2006 sti liberty.

I live in Sydney, currently have everything stock on the car except for the wheels, they are off the 2006 sti, as the 2008 ones were wrecked in a crash

2008:

2006:
Last edited by triston on Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
triston

Car: 08 GT-B tuned by Sti

Re: Hi, 2008 Black GTB STI from Sydney

Postby teflon » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:16 pm

Welcome Triston. Got any plans for the 08 GTB STi after hanging around these forums?
teflon

Car: 2004 MY05 Pearl White Liberty GT

Postby edd13k » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Welcome! Black sure does look NICE!
Subaru MY08 Liberty TB STI | Greyish Silver | #217
Yamaha MY09 R6 | Black | Gold | +mods (SOLD)
Member Profile: 'EDD13K - MY08 Liberty TB STI
edd13k

Car: MY08 Liberty TB STI #217

Postby triston » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:02 pm

teflon wrote:Welcome Triston. Got any plans for the 08 GTB STi after hanging around these forums?

thanks,

Um, yes and know...

stock standard the sti model is already pretty f-ing good.

interior
i'd like to upgrade the audio, i think, i like to get the whole car computer thing happening and put a screen in the cubby hole, have sat nav, engine management screen, hard drive etc. get a good after market amp

wouldn't want to change the exterior at all, except get the correct 08 Sti wheels back on it

i'd like some cross drilled and or slotted rotors, the brembos are already fantastic - have saved me a few times, especially with some of the idiots on Sydney roads, but even better would be good

Engine/power.
the liberty's are the first turbo I have ever owned (the 2006 sti and now the 08), before that i had a 91 lancer 1.5 carby, So i'm pretty satifised with what I have, especially seeing it has the sti upgrades, Have heard that an ecu flash and upgrade are fairly efficient first round mods, wouldn't mind a little bit more power sometimes. - I was in Canberra last weekend and on the way we stopped at the BP/KFC on the hume hwy, pulling out i put it in S# and redlined up to speed, there was a falcon behind me (on the highway) he changed lanes 'to let me in' after I got up to speed i check the rear view and he was a fair way back. but I thought a little more would be nice.

Something cool like remapping the Si drive so instead of just throttle response it ups the boost and/or changes the ecu settings would be cool
triston

Postby triston » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:05 pm

eddi3 wrote:Welcome! Black sure does look NICE!

Pretty much the only reason I went from the silver 06 one, this was black and had a sunroof, not to mention 6-speed. And I could sell the 06 to my girlfriends uncle for pretty much what I paid and the 08 was only few, maybe 5 or 6 thousand more. plus only had 7k on the clock and was under a year old (got it in december 09)
triston

Postby teflon » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:00 pm

triston wrote:
interior
i'd like to upgrade the audio, i think, i like to get the whole car computer thing happening and put a screen in the cubby hole, have sat nav, engine management screen, hard drive etc. get a good after market amp...

Engine/power.
... but I thought a little more would be nice.

Something cool like remapping the Si drive so instead of just throttle response it ups the boost and/or changes the ecu settings would be cool

I explored the car pc mod for a while - there are a couple of good threads on here actually. I then thought about putting a 7 inch android tablet in that space and running it through the aux in of the Mcintosh. There are guys on the legacy forums who've installed a samsung galaxy tab quite successfully - this one is actually the best fit I think. Then you would buy the android app "torque" and a decent bluetooth ODB interface and you would get your engine management screens that way. Several legacy GT members have gone from PC to android because it's less maintenance. I think it would be worth exploring as an option. The only issue with the 7 inch screens is that they are having trouble porting honeycomb to it because of the screen size (long time since I've looked but I'm sure they've hacked it now). The tablet could then store most of your music and when you are at home you can just sync over your hone wireless. On the road you could just tether to your phone for the internet if you don't want to get a 3G version.

As for "wanting a little more power wise" - highly recommend a dump pipe. And I know there are tuners who can map your Si drive (can't give much more advice than that unfortunately).
teflon

Car: 2004 MY05 Pearl White Liberty GT

Postby Penga » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:55 am

Welcome! black is the way to go... a b*tch to clean but yeah, looks super good when it is clean!

You said your 08 rims were wrecked in a crash? what happened?? how bad was the crash??
Penga

Car: MY07 Liberty GT-B Tuned By STi
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14458

Postby triston » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:41 pm

teflon wrote:
I explored the car pc mod for a while - there are a couple of good threads on here actually. I then thought about putting a 7 inch android tablet in that space and running it through the aux in of the Mcintosh.

unfortunately).

I did think about an android tablet option when i was thinking about how much trouble running wires and hd'/computers under seats and screens in dash, but then dismished the idea... for no real reason.

I'll have to check out the legacy forums.

Ideally i'd want something that looks like its meant to be there and fit perfectly flush etc
triston

Postby triston » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:45 pm

Penga wrote:Welcome! black is the way to go... a b*tch to clean but yeah, looks super good when it is clean!

You said your 08 rims were wrecked in a crash? what happened?? how bad was the crash??

1 wheel was completrly destroyed, i.e. snapped in half essentially, another two scratched badly and dinged, final one not too bad and the spare perfect of course.

went to have the non smashed ones heat treated and repaired, but it turned out the two badly scratched ones were also buckled, so I only have two ok 2008 sti rims
triston

Postby triston » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:30 pm

had the wheels refurbished and painted

triston

Return to Introductions