Hello yes this is dog (note: not actually a dog)

Introduce yourself

Hello yes this is dog (note: not actually a dog)

Postby neg2led » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:49 am

Hey all,

I'm new here, pointed your way by a couple of existing members whose usernames I don't actually know. From the lurking i've been doing over the last couple of days this forum looks amazing and full of all kinds of cool people and useful information.

I'm a nerd by trade (IT management) but a pretty big car nut at the same time. My current daily driver is a Fiesta ST, but we're not here to talk about that, are we?

We're here to talk about this.

I picked up this 2003 gen3 revD B4 in August for a song with a blown motor. She has a fresh shiny low-km JDM motor in her now (swapped in by yours truly), and runs pretty nicely. Finding a new EJ208D was... interesting. The previous owner bought her with a rod knock (caused by the owner before him driving her with almost zero oil) drove her without fixing it for 3 months (until it started making some depressing noises), and then left her on his back lawn for six months.
I picked her up for $2800 - with 150,002km on the clock, an almost-full service history, new-ish tyres, and an absolutely perfect interior. She even has the keypad immobilizer AND IT STILL WORKS PROPERLY!

It's also got a full 3" turboback with hi-flow cat and straight-thru muffler, and the crappy aftermarket intake.
If you or someone you know has an EJ208D stock intake (it is different to the A-C model intake) please PM me because I would love to have the stock induction setup back in this car.

Yesterday I put a new 2-row alloy radiator in to replace the cracking stock unit, and so far all is well. I also swapped the mismatched drivers' side quarter panel so the car is all one color again.

Plans for the future include E85 (and possibly aftermarket engine management if neccessary/awesome) - and hopefully some pretty nice looking power graphs. I like the twin turbo setup, and I like that it's not just yet another single-turbo motor, so I'm doing my best to keep the twins if I can. I've thrown an email off to KiDo for more info on the tuning front, I hear nothing but good things, so hopefully that goes well :D

so yes hello friends this is my car I hope you like it and I hope to make many friends here :D
neg2led

Car: 2003.5 Liberty B4 TT w/EJ208D

Re: Hello yes this is dog (note: not actually a dog)

Postby bigBADbenny » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:35 am

Great effort!
Eculabs to add tuning via Tactrix iirc.
Subyclub for Gen3 B4 info and expertise :good:

Although you seem to have plenty of that already :P
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Return to Introductions