Supercharger Systems -4GEN Liberty/Legacy

Re: Supercharger Systems - H6 Liberty and Legacy

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:22 am

west_minist wrote:Not looking at it thoroughly, looks like here too #DD6E6. 2 similar maps afterwards.

If it is RT for Turbo for Manuals, I can see and increase in boost reference.

It is not the DBW Requested Torque values, it actually has a subroutine to determining an estimated engine torque figure based on engine load, throttle position, accelerator position and rpm. Calculated Engine Torque is also used in the BRZ/86, EVO-X MR, Mazda and R35 GTR so it made sense that Subaru would use it as well.
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby west_minist » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:08 pm

Almost like traction control?

That interesting, since I thought there was a computer to hand that, making the ecu pull timing to control traction.

I havent seen the IDA routines, but the use to represent the torque figures in the 3D correct.

I am wonder if this is partial reason SD patches work diff.

To keep this thread clean, will move it to RR. Sorry guys
west_minist

Car: 2000 Subaru Impreza 2R 4EAT

Postby Tradewind » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:41 pm

For the moment it seems relevant to tuning the supercharger system kitted cars to higher power output.

Continue on for now, it's for the better.

In fact since G has his car tuned I often wondered if his tuner was onto something extra .......
2015 Liberty 3.6R (6GEN) - Raptor headers and Raptor SUPER MAF
Tradewind

Car: Grey MY15 6GEN 3.6R - Raptor MAF

Postby Tradewind » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:47 pm

Gone quiet
Tradewind

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:48 pm

Tradewind wrote:For the moment it seems relevant to tuning the supercharger system kitted cars to higher power output.

In fact since G has his car tuned I often wondered if his tuner was onto something extra .......

Gino would not have it, I was the one who had to write the scripts and even Cobb did not have them :) Apparently EcuTek did not have them until recently either(helping someone with EcuTek and it suddenly popped up recently)

Grant was making similar power to G's car at the rpm ranges, just the clutch slip was stopping it from holding power. Grants slipping clutch at 4psi for the power it made is impressive, I think E85 will ensure clutch replacement is a sooner rather than later ;)

KiDo_Tuning

Postby Tradewind » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:10 pm

KiDo_Tuning wrote:
Tradewind wrote:For the moment it seems relevant to tuning the supercharger system kitted cars to higher power output.

Gino would not have it, I was the one who had to write the scripts and even Cobb did not have them :) Apparently EcuTek did not have them until recently either(helping someone with EcuTek and it suddenly popped up recently)

Grant was making similar power to G's car at the rpm ranges, just the clutch slip was stopping it from holding power. Grants slipping clutch at 4psi for the power it made is impressive, I think E85 will ensure clutch replacement is a sooner rather than later ;)

Awesome, and Grant wants even more, such is the nature of man hey lol
Tradewind

Postby 3rspecb » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:44 pm

KiDo_Tuning wrote:

Correct my tuner used the definition available at the time of re-tune. Like everyone, people suffer from good & bad days and the day my car was re-tuned, my tuner was in the right frame of mind, we even had a couple of issues too, so he may have been able to get more :wink: .

Not sure if Grant has a boost gauge, but one should be fitted to a s/c H6 as the OE map sensor won't read past 5psi (from memory). The owner of the s/c outback Matt tuned last year posted, confirming that the OE map sensor can't read higher then 4 or 5psi while his boost gauge was showing 7+psi at redline.

It's not a pissing comp but look at the graph's again, they are not similar :P

Shits n giggles aside, :hi: to Matt for his continuing support to the H6 ROM and H6 owners..

Grant's car will be a weapon once on E85, I'm spewing I won't be able to go for a ride in it.

My tuner has taken a sabbatical from tuning :cry: so no E85 tune for me, plus I've got a manual VF SSv Redline sedan coming soon :bb2: , so the Lib will be garaged for a well earned rest.
MY06 3rspecb manual sedan, Urban Grey- Shockworks Coilovers '- Gone

MY17 SSv Redline, manual sedan, White.
3rspecb

Car: MY17 SSv Redline

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:33 pm

3rspecb wrote:Correct my tuner used the definition available at the time of re-tune. Like everyone, people suffer from good & bad days and the day my car was re-tuned, my tuner was in the right frame of mind, we even had a couple of issues too, so he may have been able to get more :wink: .
Not sure if Grant has a boost gauge, but one should be fitted to a s/c H6 as the OE map sensor won't read past 5psi (from memory). The owner of the s/c outback Matt tuned last year posted, confirming that the OE map sensor can't read higher then 4 or 5psi while his boost gauge was showing 7+psi at redline.
It's not a pissing comp but look at the graph's again, they are not similar :P
Shits n giggles aside, :hi: to Matt for his continuing support to the H6 ROM and H6 owners..
Grant's car will be a weapon once on E85, I'm spewing I won't be able to go for a ride in it.
My tuner has taken a sabbatical from tuning :cry: so no E85 tune for me, plus I've got a manual VF SSv Redline sedan coming soon :bb2: , so the Lib will be garaged for a well earned rest.

Different dynos obviously but 180+Kw@5500rpm on 4psi so add in 20% more rpm, more boost and less clutch slip for a realistic power output. The graphs BEFORE the clutch slip set in were the same though below 4000rpm. Not a pissing contest but I had other stuff I was using too ;)
Robins Outback now reads/logs to over 11.8psi without issue using a Subaru MAP sensor :) Grants PLX will read boost as well once sensor is installed and calibrated. Happy to publicly share part# and calibration spec as it was an easy install!

Denso 22012AA090
Offset Psia: -7.366
Multiplier Psi/V: 9.943

I am getting to the Calculated Engine Torque Tables in DOXJ001M next week.
Last edited by KiDo_Tuning on Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

KiDo_Tuning

Postby Brunsy3.0 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:56 pm

Man I really gotta stop reading these types of threads especially after a few beers on Australia Day winning the cricket gets ones mind ticking over on how much he is willing to put out for some serious power

Im quite impressed by the time and effort that has gone into R&D to tuning through to the DIY install. Is all very tempting for a H6 owner. My main concern is the outside temps especially being in NT rarely gets below 30c during the day and most of my trips are either to and from work (5mins each way) or a very joyful squirt around surrounding areas. But all the upgraded parts and accessories to bolt onto the system look amazing from simply a written perspective
....THE WHITEWASH....
Brunsy3.0

Car: 07 3.0 Liberty Spec. B pearl white
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21059

Postby 3rspecb » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:38 am

PM IWish and or WestMinst who tuned the car. IWish lives in NT and had a non intercooled raptor S/C kit on his 3rb. From memory intake temps were pretty high. I would say you would have to go intercooled or water/meth setup or both to reap the full benefits.

3rspecb

Postby 3rspecb » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:39 am

PM IWish and or WestMinst who tuned the car. IWish lives in NT and had a non intercooled raptor S/C kit on his 3rb. From memory intake temps were pretty high. I would say you would have to go intercooled or water/meth setup or both to reap the full benefits.

3rspecb

Postby Tradewind » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:58 am

3rspecb wrote:PM IWish and or WestMinst who tuned the car. IWish lives in NT and had a non intercooled raptor S/C kit on his 3rb. From memory intake temps were pretty high. I would say you would have to go intercooled or water/meth setup or both to reap the full benefits.

Some charge cooling is best for the top end of Australia - high ambient temps will limit final kw number for sure
Tradewind

Postby Tradewind » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:43 pm

I cannot remember 100% for sure but I suspect the pulley on Robin's vehicle is around 56mm, this was organised by himself. he has a clutched shaft charger so would have found a clutch pulley to screw on
Tradewind

Postby PUDZ RSC3.0RB » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:47 pm

Hey lads, as ive said before & Brunsy said above, appreciate u all sharing ur wealths of knowledge and experiences so far with the H6 rom and Raptor S/C's.

Tim, Matt, Ed & Gino lots of interesting info to consider and mull over now. Hopefully the path I take from here will continue to develop the H6 S/C build & Tune
in a safe, reliable & reasonably economical manner.

Ok, enough of pissing in everyones pockets for the moment :lol: .

So in my case from here the mods will be: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22581&start=150

Cheers All
Grant
PUDZ RSC3.0RB

Car: 05 Liberty Trolly
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22581

Postby 3rspecb » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:32 am

Nice post Grant. With my tuner mia, I'm contemplating an E85 tune by matt :)

3rspecb

PreviousNext

Return to Raptor Superchargers