RAPTOR SUPERCHARGER FOR LIB 3.0

Re: RAPTOR SUPERCHARGER FOR LIB 3.0

Postby Robbks » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:52 am

kiks wrote:Have you looked closely at an EZ30r? Shall I go downstairs and take a photo of you of the pieces that make up an EZ30r that need to be disassembled to do a piston swap (rods at weak as piss too).

what..? the exact same bits as when you're doing to to an EJ20.. :roll:
I have had plenty of experience with Subie engines in pieces.
would you like me to take some photos of that for you..?

ok, so you say the rods are weak as piss.
then there would be no way i'd be turboing the thing and expecting to stick 18psi through it with the stock rods and pistons in place.
So without pulling the engine, we're back to boosting an un-opened engine.

you could turbo it in situ and manufacture all the piping, intake, intercooler, etc
but thats still going to cost you the price of the S/C kit by the time you add the turbo, injectors, etc and you're still going to be limited to 7-8psi (these aren't low-compression 202's remember)

so for all that effort, you may aswell have just bought a bolt-on S/C kit. that will give you the same result on an unopened engine as turboing it, in a fraction of the time...
coyote wrote:Sure, a GTR is fast ... but it's about as interesting as listening to grass grow.
Robbks

Car: MY06 3.0RB Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12350

Postby kiks » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:26 pm

It wont give you the same result, or even close to it.

By the sheer nature of a centrifugal supercharger it is physically impossible to be as efficient as a turbocharger. More heat less efficiency range and less area under the curve. This is sheer fact.

As for EZ being even remotely like an EJ. No it is not. You are lieing through your teeth if you think they are even remotely in the same ballpark. I dont think there is a more complicated (internal combustion) engine in an aussie sold passenger car lol.
kiks

Car: 1UZTurbo HQ ute, Gen3 1GZ 5L V12 lib

Postby Robbks » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:34 am

kiks wrote:As for EZ being even remotely like an EJ. No it is not. You are lieing through your teeth if you think they are even remotely in the same ballpark. I dont think there is a more complicated (internal combustion) engine in an aussie sold passenger car lol.

what's so complicated about it
Bearings, crank, rods, pistons, rings..?
coyote wrote:Sure, a GTR is fast ... but it's about as interesting as listening to grass grow.
Robbks

Postby Lib 3.0LR » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:33 pm

Hey guys if you where going to put a SC on, what the f##k is this isnt in the way :? :?
Attachments
002.JPG
002.JPG (160.83 KiB) Viewed 4188 times
Silver wagon MY06 3.0LR/18' STI Enkei rims/STI front lip/STI pedels/STI mufflers/STI flexible bar/HKS panel air filter/Clarion CeNET iPod interface EA1251 /HID lights-fogs 6000k/Led parkers/Bilstien- Eibach springs / Corazon Grill /Brembo's-Dixel pads/goodride-brakelines./Cusco: BRAKE CYLINDER STOPPER /.Valenti Japan LED Tail Light/In Car PC,JDM Front Bar /KiDo Tune more TBA ?[size=85]
Lib 3.0LR

Car: MY06 LIBERTY 3.0LR WAGON.

Postby Robbks » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:40 pm

have a look at the pics
http://www.raptorsc.com.au/kits.php?id=58
hard to see but the belt goes over and under the cam sprocket cover with another idler and bracket.
although i don;t think the belt is fitted in the pic

Some more detailed pics of the intake/ filter and belt drive assembly would be nice
Robbks

Postby Lib 3.0LR » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:15 pm

Robbks wrote:have a look at the pics
http://www.raptorsc.com.au/kits.php?id=58
hard to see but the belt goes over and under the cam sprocket cover with another idler and bracket.
although i don;t think the belt is fitted in the pic

Some more detailed pics of the intake/ filter and belt drive assembly would be nice

I see what you mean,may be a few more detailed shoots would be good how about it Tradewind :wink: :D :D :D
Silver wagon MY06 3.0LR/18' STI Enkei rims/STI front lip/STI pedels/STI mufflers/STI flexible bar/HKS panel air filter/Clarion CeNET iPod interface EA1251 /HID lights-fogs 6000k/Led parkers/Bilstien- Eibach springs / Corazon Grill /Brembo's-Dixel pads/goodride-brakelines./Cusco: BRAKE CYLINDER STOPPER /.Valenti Japan LED Tail Light/In Car PC,JDM Front Bar /KiDo Tune more TBA ?[size=85]
Lib 3.0LR

Supercharged H6 3.0

Postby Tradewind » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:41 pm

Kits are completed tomorrow and shipping out Friday.

More revealing images will come from our customers directly.

There will never be images revealing the intake to the supercharger because it is simply not visible at all, pod type elements are not meant to be seen and this one surely cannot be seen at all. 100% hidden.

There is no cooler (temperature wise) boosting device than a centrifugal supercharger - period. It doesnt have the same area under curve and ..... was never meant to. It does take a little more to drive than a turbo for sure - the Raptor is the most drive efficient of all brands and not comparable to any that run an oiled transmission. A little 5 Rib belt will get you 300hp no problem and a 5 rib doesnt drive too much.

This is going to be much fun for all.
2015 Liberty 3.6R (6GEN) - Raptor headers and Raptor SUPER MAF
Tradewind

Car: Grey MY15 6GEN 3.6R - Raptor MAF

Postby Tradewind » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:06 pm

OK here is a view from the top - the only one I will be posting. In this image non of the parts are painted except for the anodised charger trans (Black). All pipes will be wrinkle finish black and bracket will be either flat or gloss black depending on what I think is good.

New mounts are provided for the rear of the engine cover so that the entire cover can be retained - I think its a great looking piece.

At the moment it is taking around 5 mins to fit the charger to the engine (supplied to customer already fitted to bracket), takes another 5min to fit the pressure pipe and plug in the AFM wires, and a further 20 mins to run the BOV recirc, breather line and connect hidden pod to charger.

Of course installing larger injectors is possibly a 1hr job but the kit installation could be competently completed in 1hr if the fitter has mind on the job.

It is 100% reversible in around the same time.

IMG_0373 (resized).jpg
Raptor ProStreet - Top view - final touches not added
IMG_0373 (resized).jpg (109.36 KiB) Viewed 4167 times
Tradewind

Postby Lib 3.0LR » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:27 pm

I like it, looks like i need to start saving a little cash. :lol:
Lib 3.0LR

Postby THERB3 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:41 pm

George me too. Starting to save
MY05 Subaru Liberty Wagon 3.0RB Silver 6MT

Modifications:
19" Rays/Volk GT30 Wheels :: Hi Tech Mufflers :: HKS Panel Filter :: STi Front Lip :: 6000K HID Driving/Fog Lights :: LED Parkers/Licence/Map/Dome :: Brembo Package :: V-Tune :: Tein Flex Coilovers & EDFC Controller :: HKC Carbon Bonnet Scoop :: Hanabi Smoked LED Rear Tail Lights :: Eyelids :: Goodridge Braided Lines :: JDM Front Bar :: Corazon Grille :: Pioneer AVH-X8650BT / Alpine PDX5 Amp

Current Plans:
Whiteline SwayBars ::
THERB3
-stickered-

Car: MY05 Subaru Liberty 3.0RB Wagon

Postby Lib 3.0LR » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:34 pm

THERB3 wrote:George me too. Starting to save

Hey Harry, I have a better idea. The way that you spend money on your car, why don't you buy 2 and give me one :wink: :lol: :lol:
Lib 3.0LR

Postby Robbks » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:51 am

Cheers for that pic..

As for the whole setup. I highly rate it.

will the compressor housing come in wrinkle-finish black aswell for extra stealthness?

a good option for stealth install would be to house the whole thing under a black CF cover.
Robbks

Postby Gambit » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:31 am

wow just stumbled upon this, looks fantastic!
Gambit

Car: Subaru

Postby Tradewind » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:32 am

You can option EXTRA black work - when orders are placed specify - its a little extra cost taping up and painting etc but if it does what you want then fine

The compressor cover is currently anodised silver or nearly a natural aluminium (Standard for all Raptor)

A BLACK CF cover is possible, however we would want to test the charger in that enclosed enviroment to be certain it stays below 70C in temp, we could water cool the charger body - optional but necessary for a CF cover situation in hot country's, would be fine tho in Northern USA/CANADA and most of Europe, but for AUS, S AFRICA and hotter states of US I would def water cool under a cover. That cooling could be intergrated into a WTA system

My email: raptorsc@westnet.com.au

My Phone: 0409 897 081
Tradewind

Postby Tradewind » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:34 am

You can option EXTRA black work - when orders are placed specify - its a little extra cost taping up and painting etc but if it does what you want then fine

The compressor cover is currently anodised silver or nearly a natural aluminium (Standard for all Raptor)

A BLACK CF cover is possible, however we would want to test the charger in that enclosed enviroment to be certain it stays below 70C in temp, we could water cool the charger body - optional but necessary for a CF cover situation in hot country's, would be fine tho in Northern USA/CANADA and most of Europe, but for AUS, S AFRICA and hotter states of US I would def water cool under a cover. That cooling could be intergrated into a WTA system

My email: raptorsc@westnet.com.au

My Phone: 0409 897 081
Tradewind

PreviousNext

Return to Raptor Superchargers