RAPTOR SUPERCHARGER FOR LIB 3.0

Re: RAPTOR SUPERCHARGER FOR LIB 3.0

Postby Tradewind » Tue May 15, 2012 2:54 pm

my07_liberty wrote:As far as I am concerned the kit being still in the “development phase”.

We will still be watching from the sidelines until development has been completed and also WHEN Raptor actually has a kit on his own vehicle. Rather wait for others to iron out the bugs before causing any damage to our own vehicle.

Also not having access to a tuner who will take on this project is a major downer as well.

Given there are now quite a few SC systems (non IC) on H6s which customers are absolutely happy with (even though the kit is not on my car) clearly shows that we do develop systems which dont "damage" vehicles, the intercooled kits only offer a little more tuning range over a non IC kit - which is the case with every other kit we manufacture. These parts supplied dont damage anything as the protection and safe operation comes from the tuner/tuning. So long as all the parts FIT the vehicle which we just spent 4 weeks on with the intercooler kit, thats what matters. The only thing in question is do the RHD IC kits fit well on the LHD cars, so far I know you have an RHD car so there is no question there for you.

As there were no headers available for this engine RAPTOR had to make its own set and go through several phases of testing in NA form to check there would be no power loss at low engine RPM, the SC kit cannot go on my car until the NA tuning phase has been completed, the rest of the exhaust system is still to be done. As an SC manufacturer retailer we have always recommended having the exhaust in correct spec before fitting an SC system otherwise a lot of power is left on the table.

my07_liberty

If you are serious about some more Kw from the engine, the process starts with the exhaust from engine to back bumper, only then are you ready for the SC kit, the SC kit is the least of your plans if you havent improved the exhaust system properly yet. Yes, the headers are on my car if that helps ......... This part of the phase allows you to develop your confidence with using the TACTRIX and laptop as you load up tunes (if you want to) for the exhaust system in preparation for the SC system. If you have mates (that want an improved H6) as you say then one TACTRIX can be used for an endless amount of cars, all you need is a reliable laptop and an internet connection, do you have those things?

You havent mentioned your location at this time, its difficult to assist you with tuning service options until that is known. I will personally chose XRT as there is no local H6 tuner in my area either (never will be), that in itself is no bummer as the ECU allows logging of every parameter which needs adjustment by XRT. I have additional knock sensors and AFR meters which I can monitor the tune with if I feel the need. For the record I have used the services of XRT so far with the NA tuning of headers - No issues there. With XRT you always have a tuner which will take a Subaru project on

If you are serious at least you know where to start now, once that step is done then you can move towards the SC thoughts if you want to. A modified exhaust with the Raptor headers has already led to people saying the performance increase is such that you may have 2nd thoughts about supercharging :)

For those in Victoria, if you want a drive in tune remember HPF is there for you.
2015 Liberty 3.6R (6GEN) - Raptor headers and Raptor SUPER MAF
Tradewind

Car: Grey MY15 6GEN 3.6R - Raptor MAF

Postby my07_liberty » Wed May 16, 2012 9:39 am

We work in the mining industry and are FIFO. Money is not an issue. Whereas reliability and backup support is vital.

Based on my reading of the posts on this forum. We will NOT be using your nominated tuner.

I am not a tuner, but know enough to point out some major issues.

1. Relying on the stock AFR sensors is not acceptable in the application.
2. Too blasé about IAT’s.
3. No mention of resulting EGT’s with these high IAT’s? How does an email tune deal with that?

Will pass the Liberty to the Mrs and look at what the Japanese market can provide. As it is still a very nice vehicle.

Currently looking at the latest range of HSV offerings and power upgrades available. As the mods on the market have been tried and proven with at least some track record.

BTW a bit of false advertising on your behalf.

Your extractors are NOT the first commercially available. Just the cheapest.

Also if you want to sell more kits.

Install one on your vehicle first and get some results up. Can’t beat that for good advertising!
my07_liberty

Postby twinturbosubaru » Wed May 16, 2012 9:58 am

Wow, interesting comments from somebody who doesnt have the headers, doesnt have the SC kit, doesnt have the tune, has never deslt with the tuner or the SC maker or header maker, just how are you qualified to bag people out like that while hiding behind your keyboard ?
Just make sure when you buy your HSV shitbox that you unsubscribe from this thread, when you get stuff explained to you and you are still right then go and waste some more of your "couldn't give a shit" money somewhere else then, not everybody has unlined pockets like you. I suppose you would also know that raptor is one of the most common SC kits on the V8's in the Holden's you want to buy, but you would already know that of course.

Mind you my liberty is the biggest shitbox I have ever owned, and that's after having 14 cars, 8 of them Subarus, but I'm sure will will disagree with that comment as well

Sorry, forgot to turn the honesty button on
twinturbosubaru

Car: Liberty RS, Liberty 3.0R

Postby Tradewind » Wed May 16, 2012 3:41 pm

Well, as everyone can see that was one customer who is best served by someone else, I sure dont need that experience lol.

Cheers my07, enjoy your Holden

ps. make sure you unsubscribe on your way out

I dont supply any Holden V8 kits so you should be happy about that :D
Tradewind

Postby MH3.0R » Wed May 16, 2012 6:20 pm

my07_liberty wrote:We work in the mining industry and are FIFO. Money is not an issue. Whereas reliability and backup support is vital.

Based on my reading of the posts on this forum. We will NOT be using your nominated tuner.

I am not a tuner, but know enough to point out some major issues.

3. No mention of resulting EGT’s with these high IAT’s? How does an email tune deal with that?

Will pass the Liberty to the Mrs and look at what the Japanese market can provide. As it is still a very nice vehicle.

Currently looking at the latest range of HSV offerings and power upgrades available. As the mods on the market have been tried and proven with at least some track record.

BTW a bit of false advertising on your behalf.

Your extractors are NOT the first commercially available. Just the cheapest.

Also if you want to sell more kits.

Install one on your vehicle first and get some results up. Can’t beat that for good advertising!

Rick,

We 3.0R crowd have had to endure years of no aftermarket products for the 3.0R in Australia that are home grown and supported. There are very few local developers and we generally cherish their efforts. I for one appreciate the almost 30K of reliable performance from the SC kit not to mention a 3.0R with a 42% increase in power and torque across the full rev range.

We also cherish the guys who have stuck their necks out providing valuable field data to continue the develoment for the wider enjoyment of others. Tim has developed the concept on a 2.0 Impreza and has since transferred the technical know how to the 3.0R. We all appreciate that and there is a global swell in our ranks.

As you are passing your car the the Mrs, I do hope she will continue to subscribe and with a few more manners to support the continued development for those of us who are passionate.

Kind Regards,

Mark.
MY15 Jaguar XFR-S 5.0 V8 SC 8AT White Saloon (Stock - nothing more to do with 400+ KW :))
MY11 Jaguar XFS 3.0DTT 6AT White Saloon (Prepped for sale)
MY19 Subaru XV 2.0iS the shopping trolley and weekend all terrain cruiser!
MH3.0R
-stickered-

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12969#p176433

Postby my07_liberty » Thu May 17, 2012 8:54 am

Tradewind,

Notice that you are on the commodore forums as well and have a loyal fan base of "developers" as well.

Nice way of drumming up business mate.

For the record. Please let us know why you have not installed the kit on your veicle yet?

I'll make sure that door hits me on the way out.
Last edited by my07_liberty on Thu May 17, 2012 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
my07_liberty

Postby zorro » Thu May 17, 2012 9:38 am

IMO from what I have seen of raptor superchargers they are not high on quality. Tolerances are a bit dodge and the finish of the product is a bit average. Haven't heard any big success stories from them either.
zorro

Car: Z-Series Senator

Postby zorro » Thu May 17, 2012 9:50 am

my07_liberty wrote:I am not a tuner, but know enough to point out some major issues.

Tuning is generally done in open loop so once your fueling is correct then all the stock O2s are doing is making corrections based off what the engine is doing. If you are talking about tuning via the standard O2s then (assuming they are wide band and only tell you millivolts) no you can't tune to that, well you can however it is far from accurate.

IATs can be compensated by fueling, again though is not ideal as lower IAT is better. IAT whether FI or NA heatsoak on idle and drop once moving, typically FI will be much higher. Without proper cooling, meth/water injection or running e85 you wont get as much out of the charger as you would expect so justifying the cost will be hard.

Why is EGT a concern? You will find if AFRs are spot on it's no concern at all.
zorro

Postby Twest90 » Thu May 17, 2012 1:26 pm

this is seriously getting out of hand! stop hating on people and their business on here, if you don't like it go someplace else. as far as i'm concerned all performance parts put on a NA Engine are Gambles! At least he is trying to give us some kind of performance upgrades. its a better effort than what you 2 haters are doing!

And zorro, there havent been too many success stories.. yet. but there havent been any FAILURE stories either! The supercharger might still be in "development" but we know that, and whoever wants to spend the money on one knows there can be consequences of boosting a NA Engine!

Moral of the story, If you are interested in the product, keep posting. If not, we dont want to hear from you.
Twest90

Car: MY05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R Spec.B

Postby Rome_BRZ » Thu May 17, 2012 2:22 pm

Twest90 wrote:this is seriously getting out of hand! stop hating on people and their business on here, if you don't like it go someplace else. as far as i'm concerned all performance parts put on a NA Engine are Gambles! At least he is trying to give us some kind of performance upgrades. its a better effort than what you 2 haters are doing!

And zorro, there havent been too many success stories.. yet. but there havent been any FAILURE stories either! The supercharger might still be in "development" but we know that, and whoever wants to spend the money on one knows there can be consequences of boosting a NA Engine!

Moral of the story, If you are interested in the product, keep posting. If not, we dont want to hear from you.

Sorry but that's a bad attitude. This thread is not in the vendors section, it is in a general discussion thread in the 3.0 H6 section of the forum. If people want to make comments or express doubts about a product they are more than welcome. It is a forum, which is a place for discussion. Discussion usually garners differing opinions. If you don’t like what someone has posted you are able to “ignore” certain users via your control panel.

Btw I am not supporting either side here.
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby zorro » Thu May 17, 2012 2:57 pm

Twest90 wrote:And zorro, there havent been too many success stories.. yet. but there havent been any FAILURE stories either! The supercharger might still be in "development" but we know that, and whoever wants to spend the money on one knows there can be consequences of boosting a NA Engine!.

I'm not a hater, speaking from first hand experience. I've seen the raptor product failure and especially after the person had invested a considerable sum of folding stuff was bitterly disappointed. QC isn't a strong point, but in saying that a lot could of changed in 2 years.

People have been putting forced induction on NA cars for years without changing internals. Ive done it to plenty of nissans in the past and a few LS based Holden's. Do the maths, use the right parts, have the right tuner and you have no worries.

Raptor should be good for the H6 when fully developed!
zorro

Postby Tradewind » Thu May 17, 2012 6:09 pm

my07_liberty wrote:Tradewind,

Notice that you are on the commodore forums as well and have a loyal fan base of "developers" as well.

Nice way of drumming up business mate.

For the record. Please let us know why you have not installed the kit on your veicle yet?

I'll make sure that door hits me on the way out.

Reread my answer to your post, the answer you want is there
Tradewind

Postby Tradewind » Thu May 17, 2012 6:22 pm

I have said this before in another forum, I say it again here

I dont need anyone to buy my product, I do it because Iove it and provide products for those who want them, there is room in the industry for Raptor as other suppliers in our market segment either wont fill the demand or do a bad job - with declining global business situation there certainly will be less stuff in future for a while from all suppliers

So far I am aware all current owners of H6 kits are very happy with them, some overseas owners so happy they have taken it upon themselves to advertise our product wherever they go, that tells me their feelings

If majority of H6 community dont want any further products from Raptor, headers or SC kits then PM me directly and I can remove myself from here. If it brings peace to the community then fine by me. I will continue to service existing H6 kit/header owners and leave it there

Over to the crowd, PM box has plenty space
Tradewind

Postby Tradewind » Thu May 17, 2012 6:25 pm

Twest90 wrote:this is seriously getting out of hand! stop hating on people and their business on here, if you don't like it go someplace else. as far as i'm concerned all performance parts put on a NA Engine are Gambles! At least he is trying to give us some kind of performance upgrades. its a better effort than what you 2 haters are doing!

True for all our H6 kits
Tradewind

Postby Tradewind » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:44 pm

Back on the job by popular request, thankyou!

People wanting to SC or to SC + intercooler - we have the goods :)

Nothing particuarly new over the last 2 months except that there is an intercooled supercharger kit as was requested by the market
Tradewind

PreviousNext

Return to Raptor Superchargers